1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

2. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 1/30 - I've been struggling with useless social media checking and internet surfing. It's incredible how attention is disputed nowadays among many unproductive activities.

Overcome Fear likes this.
  3. I'm in, starting from Wednesday!

Innervision likes this.
  4. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

5. Sebbrix

Sebbrix Fapstronaut

I messed up again, I didn't even think, it just happened - gonna start treating this more actively

Innervision likes this.
  6. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

7. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

8. ola501

ola501 Fapstronaut

Definitely crossed my social media limits past few days, and also haven’t pasted any daily updates. This is new to me, so hope is I understand my behaviors/compulsive addictions and improve in the process the way it happened with my PMO fight. Committing to it publicly has been (practically speaking) the best way to stay on track. So I am resetting.
    Day 1!

9. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 3/30 - Busy day at work, without much time to spend on low value activities.

ola501 likes this.
  10. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

4/30

Appreciating the fact that this challenge seems to be working so far in helping me tackle my compulsive phone use. Hope to keep it going!

Innervision likes this.
  11. ola501

ola501 Fapstronaut

Day 1 again,
    Every single day, until I do it properly. Binged both on news and social media. And also played a dangerous game with some erotic questions. Tomorrow will work harder.

Innervision likes this.
  12. ola501

ola501 Fapstronaut

Day 2,
    its tough, but I am making progress!

Innervision likes this.
  13. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

14. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

I'm restarting my counter on the challenge. The reason is that I've been binge watching stuff on social media (particularly on Twitch) instead of dedicating myself to my priority activities. My rule is that I'm allowed to use social media to light-entertainment, but only if my main activities are checked (meditation, exercise, reading, studying). The dynamics of this platforms, though, is to retain as much of your attention and time as they can, and they are very successful on this aspect of their business.

Day 0/30

greenishmoon, ola501 and InnerMan like this.
  15. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

16. ola501

ola501 Fapstronaut

Day 3

Today was borderline, as in I wasn't fully focused on my priorates, and also wasted some time on social media. But no excessive cheap dopamine was consumed, I stayed on track with my higher goals. So I will call it a reasonable success. Hopefully I can improve. Will see how the weekend will go.

17. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 1/30 - Today was a day off on work activities, so I allowed myself to relax a bit more.

ola501 likes this.
  18. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

19. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 2/30 - Walked the dogs during afternoon today. It's nice to have some time without screens around.

20. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

8/30. Was really itching to use my phone in a compulsive way but luckily I had enough to do throughout the day to keep me from doing that.

Innervision likes this.