1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The flat brain theory (Flat earth)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Than what other evidence should be used?

2. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

lol its like youtube isnt a source?

3. That could be chemtrails, but idk.

4. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

its only appeared to dip down because of field of vision

5. Exactly. So annoying when people talk like that. It's like people cannot believe their own eyes, but wanna believe other stuff. SMH.

todaysresolution likes this.
  6. So just more conspiracy stuff again...

7. Watch the video, the sun clearly sets..

8. For fuck sakes, everyone, it even says that the earth is flat in the bible.

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
    (Genesis 1:6-8 KJV)

9. So gray clouds in the sky is "normal?" I never seen it clouds that should be looking gray on a sunny day. And i've seen this stuff with my own eyes.

10. Maybe a little later.

11. For fuck sakes, everyone, it even says that the earth is flat in the bible.

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
    (Genesis 1:6-8 KJV)

Firmament= Dome around the earth.

12. Yeah actually they are normal, there's white, grey, and black clouds.. The more dense and higher up a cloud is the darker it gets, especially when it's carrying water.

13. But on a clear, sunny, blue skied day there is gray clouds? Look, debate about this with me in my newest created thread called "Chemtrails" in the Off-Topic section. Just so we won't fuck up the OP's thread.

14. So you said that no light from bottom was proof and now you try to explain it? OK. Lest see this.

Humm... Put that into scale and them I talk.
    Also I am personally really bad at understanding light, you take your time making the scale experiment and I try to learn about light and them we talk. But I think that mirages push light up and that atmospheric refraction would make it even less possible.

But again, in your video: When the second sun goes close to the ground we can see it's edges, it becomes a sharp image, and after that it's size does not decrease, it would definitely appear to be going down and also shrink at the same time.

15. It's another one of those conspiracy theories those people believe. Supposedly the white stuff left behind when jets and such are flying by are like chemicals and what not, even though they're just contrails.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Ah, very sorry it took me so long to respond to everybody, but I'm back now. For now. :D

I'm also going to try to make my posts smaller since the OP apparently doesn't like to read.

First off, it should be stated that I was not directly answering your questions in my last post. There is no "straw man" because I wasn't directly countering you in the first place. I noticed you referenced the Coriolis Effect and decided to attack the Effect itself. Though, I will admit, I should've quoted simply that instead. My bad. :p

However, since you want answers to all three questions, I will provide.

For your first question, that's simply not true. That's completely false. Winds do not flow in any consistent direction. They blow in all directions.

Directed to your second question, we don't know. However, just because I do not have an answer for that does not mean by necessity that anybody should accept the Globe. For example, nobody on this forum needs to know who you are to know you're a human being.

Relating to your third question as well as the entirety of your newest post, let's take a step back for a moment and throw hurricanes out of the window for a second and I'll ask you the following:

What is a practical, layman example of the Coriolis Effect?

Give me one. I just gave you and any other readers quite a few examples on the holes of the Effect itself. Your third question and entire post assumes that the effect exists. Give me a practical example of the Effect.

Your video does not prove anything in the slightest, by the way. First off, while the Earth itself is not rotating, the two men in the video are. If they were holding the ball in their hand, the hand being completely level and unmoving, the ball would simply roll right off due to their movement.

Secondly, you don't know that the two men in the video are or are not causing the spin of the ball itself.

Thirdly, if they simply threw the ball harder, the ball would reach the guy on the other side.

And finally, even if this video were evidence of the effect that the Coriolis Effect has on airborne projectiles, why is this not the case for every other projectile? When Tom Brady throws his ball at the reciever, it travels in a straight line. When you play catch with little Timmy, the ball does not deviate from its intended course.

But to return to the fundamentals, what is a practical, layman example of the Coriolis Effect?

17. Alright. Well, I don't know who told you that it's all some kind of big cover-up, but that isn't my stance here. But since you're asking, my reply is the following example:

A detective walks into a crime scene where the body of a woman and her child lay on the ground. Splattered on the wall in their blood is the message:

"WHO'S NEXT?"

The detective doesn't ask: "Was a crime committed here?"

Instead, he asks: "Whoa! I gotta go and find out who did this and why they did it!"

It's two separate enterprises here. I don't know why NASA could be lying about the shape of the world. All I know is that it certainly isn't round and seems to be flat.

If your opinion is not going to change because somebody doesn't know the answer to a question, then your logic must be put into question. I don't know where my cat came from fundamentally, but I'm damn well certain it wasn't from a two-headed blue lady with snakes for teeth.

If you can't consider Flat Earth because we can't answer why NASA would lie about the shape of the Earth, then logic and reason are truly lost upon you. We don't have to answer every question to be correct in our argument.

18. This is an assertion. And know that photos are not proof of something. I can give you a photo on a pig dressed in a tuxedo, but that doesn't mean the pig actually dressed itself.

19. I am unwatching this thread. It was fun in the beginning but now it's just tiring.

Rebooter45674 likes this.