1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gillette ad that people are rightly pissed about.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Seems like roughhousing can teach valuable lessons to men of any age.

I think roughhousing, self-defense lessons and alternative conflict resolution strategies are all valuable.

Make sure you read this, @Brokenman123 :

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I'll give you a hint: the place starts with a C and ends with an N.

3. I'm not gonna participate in any activity that could potentially kill or harm others but if you wanna do that, then that's your prerogative.

4. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

None of that is exclusive to men. Furthermore, the principles of being aggressive, solving a problem with your fists, being dominant in the sexual pursuit of women and prioritizing actions or logic over emotions, were all instrumental in establishing the viable civilizations we all enjoy today.

Is every sexual aggressor in the ad white? Is every defender of women in the ad non-white?

It's a quick video, so I don't expect everyone to catch it all the first or second watch.

Define healthy "competition and procreation," then, because sexual aggression has been part of male evolution for millions of years, as far as humans are concerned.

I never said harassment was part of masculinity, either.

Prove to me any behavior does not have a genetic basis. You do not change your genes, environmental pressures, reproductive success and mutations are the only things that effect genes.

Though, if memory serves, you are religious, no? What you're saying only makes sense regarding theism.

Those are your own words.

I think what is harmful is expecting boys to be men. No, let boys be boys. It seems you might be misunderstanding what that expression means, because I have never heard it used to defend harassment.

NeverGoingBackThere likes this.
  5. I had to look this up LOL.... Cameroon?

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Once you do find out they'll end those partnerships, too.
    I named my shotgun kindness. If anyone breaks into my house I'll kill them with kindness.
    Jim Halpert Smiling Through Blinds 18012019171127.jpg

2525, Ra's Al Ghul, EthanW. and 3 others like this.
  7. But as The Unfadeable said the media owns everything so it won't work.

8. The as is gonna be all extra masculine, lol.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  9. So humans don't have free will and all actions are a result of genetics and other factors?

10. The media wont promote or give any credibility to this movement but the backlash is pretty strong. Society is red pilling men the hard way these days.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  11. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Lol, Camaroon?

12. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Basically, yes. Genes give you the perception of free will.

13. No.

14. How about doing community mentoring to young guys and teach them how to be real men?

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. I agree that the media is a dominant force, but that doesn't mean there can't be a counter-culture. In fact a counter-culture would by definition have to be counter to the dominant culture, which includes the mainstream media. We have to create something new, an alternative, to the normal way of doing things

16. What the hell? I looked up all countries that start with a C, and Cameroon was the only one that ended with an N

17. Well I said do YouTube videos but you guys said it wouldn't work and I can't really think of anything else other than getting involved in community work teaching young guys how to be men.

18. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

same

19. OK I wasn't clear, the place is certain a region of the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.