1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gillette ad that people are rightly pissed about.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What does not being on a thread 100 percent of the time have to do with anything I just said?

Whether or not I have personal experience in this area is none of your business, and quite frankly, with the way you talk about women and sexual assault/harassment, why on earth would I feel comfortable discussing such a thing with you?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Please do elaborate. How do I "talk about women"? What does that mean, other than it seems to me you're extremely Butthurt that I don't buy into the male-hate propaganda of this ad and feminazism in general.

3. Stuff like that is important. I'd definitely be willing to get involved with something like that. At some point, I could forsee people having issues with traditional men teaching masculinity but I'd be down.

4. I'm not going to explain it to you. If you don't see it, then you likely never will, and you're not interested in hearing my opinion anyway. You clearly just want to argue. Your responses throughout this entire thread make that abundantly clear.

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I can explain my beliefs pretty damn clearly and feel I have done so in this thread. You can't seem to explain yours quite so clearly and just stating that this ad is harmless towards men and is just about "wanting men to be better" says that you agree with this cancerous SJW feminazism that society is sick of and deny that its an attack on traditional masculinity.

6. No but they feel uncomfortable period... they feel like a dog being called by its owner. It's very distressing for them. How would you feel as a woman if some random guy who you don't know just started staring at your a** and whistling at you like you're his puppy dog?

Jennica, Kenzi and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Good, well maybe you get other guys in on and you can start a mentoring group. That sounds really good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
  8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Wait, is her ass sticking out and she's walking the street looking like a prostitute now? You keep putting in new details dude. Again, yeah it will depend on the proper context here.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  9. No her a** isn't sticking out. But does it matter? Shouldn't we respect people regardless of how they're dressed? Some guys catcall even if her a** isn't sticking out and again I ask, how would you feel as a woman if some random guy who you don't know just started staring at your a** and whistling at you like you're his puppy dog?

Jennica and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Absolutely they do. I remember being 16, coming out of a store with my mom, wearing a tshirt up to my neck and some guy walked by and said "I like your boobs." It doesnt matter what people wear, and the context doesnt really matter either. Theres no reason to do stuff like that. There are much more appropriate ways to speak to people.

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

My gosh dude, are you a feminist plant. You're bringing up fucking various scenarios minus any clear context, and then fucking acting like someone is advocating for disrespect.

12. Thank you for explaining your view. Now, please step back and notice what it is you’re doing. You’re basically displaying a “guilty until proven innocent” attitude toward a company for their commercial. You saw an ad and interpreted this As Gillette saying that masculinity is toxic. You then accused Gillette of promoting the belief that masculinity is toxic. Yet, not one shred of the ad presented this message. Now I don’t know if part of critical thinking is looking too much into things or attributing motives to people or companies because YOU interpreted their message the wrong way, but I think you need to re-evaluate your position.

The ad in no way made any claim that masculinity is toxic nor did it present all of the men in the ad as being toxic. It did present a stance that certain behavior is contrary to being the best a man can be and it showed that behavior in contrast with the behavior of men who did what was best.

Here’s my view based on what the ad displayed:

Bad behaviors:
    • Losing your patience and hurting others = Behavior not dignified for men.
    • Objectifying women = Behavior not dignified for men.
    • Excusing the above two behaviors as “boys will be boys” = Behavior not dignified for men.

Good behaviors:

• Being patient with others and not resorting to violence= Behavior in-line with being a man.
    • Treating others with respect and integrity= Behavior in-line with being a man.
    • Calling out things that are wrong and sowing peace= Behavior in-line with being a man.
    • Doing the above good behaviors in order to set a good example for the youth who desperately need men like this in their lives= Behavior in-line with being a man.
    How is this not an indorsment for masculinity?

Jennica, Kenzi, MLMVSS and 2 others like this.
  13. Yeah, that's just wrong especially given that you were a minor and the fact that you were fully clothed shows that guys will catcall women for anything they wear, which reinforces the point that context doesn't matter.

14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Here dude, it isn't that hard, Joe explains it pretty clearly:

15. I've been saying this the whole time, and they still somehow disagree and deem me the enemy feminazi trying to destroy masculinity. So I wouldnt bother trying to reason with them.

16. As was pointed by Castielle and myself, context shouldn't matter... Idk how much times I have to ask before I get an answer but how would you feel as a woman if some random guy who you don't know just started staring at your a** and whistling at you like you're his puppy dog? Like seriously think about that question and give me an answer. I don't wanna drag your faith into this again but didn't Jesus say never to look upon women with lust?

Jennica, MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  17. I will take your advice. I told myself to avoid this section of the forums; I should have listened to my gut.

18. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

LOL dude, everyone in nofap is guilty of lust, even the females. smh. And of course you should always be respectful. Men do fucked up things, and women do fucked up things too. You seem to want to side with the male-bashing though.

19. Still not answering the question... and oh dear how contradictory this statement is, given all the crass names and mocking that has come out of this dude's mouth through this entire thread.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  20. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Blah blah blah castielle; keep bashing men like you love doing. I can't believe you're married. You're a man hating lady that even hates the song Baby its Cold Outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.