1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

Yeah, when I relapsed, I wanted to do something that symbolized my seriousness for the Final Reboot. So I mucked around in Paint.net for about 3-4 hours. I'm glad you find it impressive! :D

2. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. awareness of my own problems
    2. the ability to do something about them
    3. the opportunities to do something about them

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  3. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my ability to write. I'm not the best writer in the world, and I have a lot of areas where I can improve. But I can still write fairly well and I'm thankful for that.
    2. I'm grateful that I got 6 hours of sleep (and not 0). I was a little bit afraid that I wouldn't be able to get to sleep last night. But, my body successfully went into standby and I was able to drift off last night. Phew!
    3. I'm grateful that our shower works. Not a small thing. I like being able to clean myself on demand. It could be otherwise, and it HAS been otherwise before.

4. TrueOrFalse

TrueOrFalse Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my aunt.
    2. I'm grateful for my mother.
    3. I'm grateful for some truly epic friendships during AIT.

5. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. the gift of life
    2. the awareness to do something with that life
    3. the people who I can share my life with

6. TrueOrFalse

TrueOrFalse Fapstronaut

1. I am really grateful for people who happily donate and give to others daily. Always wishing they could give more. They're epic friends.
    2. I am grateful for a local chapel where strangers sit in a room and think on Life silently with each other.
    3. I'm honestly grateful for leaders like the Dalai Lama and Pope Francis who always assure struggling people that nothing they think or do is wasted. That every effort is really rewarded.

To often cynical and disrespectful "scientists" mock poor religious people. They mock and ignore human suffering and therefore prevent the religious masses from seriously considering any kind of Atheist "morality".

7. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the benefits of running. Endorphins, calories burned, increased mental clarity. I KNEW there was a reason I decided to get up early and do it!
    2. I'm grateful (once again) that I am going to see UFC 185 tomorrow. I am SO EXCITED FOR THIS! It's gonna be epic!
    3. I'm grateful that I know how to count. Kinda random, but counting is useful, is it not? No? Okay, what if I took away your ability to count? Would you want it back? Of course you would!

8. way

way Guest

1. i can drink clean water and have organic fruits and vegetables
    2. i can watch my favorite shows with ease
    3. i am grateful for music

BushidoWarrior and Alex ♥ like this.
  9. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

i am grateful for cold shower
    i am grateful for soap
    i am grateful for the screw driver that allowed me to open the fan n clean it

10. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful:

1. to have been born with the ability to control my own mind
    2. to have great people in my life
    3. for every breath I take

11. BushidoWarrior

1. I am grateful for medics. I almost passed out cold at UFC 193, and they took care of me and nursed me back to health.
    2. I am grateful that I got to see UFC 193. What a great day! The fights were awesome and the atmosphere was electric!
    3. I'm grateful that I got to stay in a hotel afterwards...for free! Self explanatory.

12. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that I no longer bite my fingernails. It used to suck waking up in such pain in the mornings (from chewing your nails down to the quick). And it used to make the surrounding skin all dry and disgusting. Plus I used to look like a deranged, neurotic freak when I did it. I'm so glad I don't do it anymore!
    2. I'm grateful that I no longer smoke. I haven't had a cigarette since the 8th of February, and I'm very glad that I haven't. It saves me a whole bunch of money, I live longer, and I don't have to worry about nicotine stains on my teeth and fingers.
    3. I'm grateful that I don't suffer from alcoholism. I've seen what it can do to people, and it is devastating. My heart goes out to all who are affected by it.
    Having trouble thinking of things that you are grateful for? Read this: 48 Unconventional Things I’m Grateful for … that I bet are not on your list!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  13. BushidoWarrior

Hey guys, if you are liking the Gratitude Attitude challenge, you might also like the new challenge I just created.
    It's called the Be-A-Nice-Person Challenge. Come check it out!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  14. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. the ability to counter procrastination
    2. great weather
    3. smiling and the feeling you get when others smile back

15. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for having another 24 hours on planet Earth. Don't take it for granted; people die every day. Your life is a precious rarity. Treat it as such.
    2. I'm grateful for the fan keeping me cool right now (repeat). Another heat wave is coming to Melbourne, and I'm bracing myself for its impact. Without a fan, I'd be totally screwed.
    3. I'm grateful that I can walk unassisted and free of a headache / nausea. Not a small thing. Having to endure this kind of discomfort would be highly debilitating, so I'm glad I don't have to.

16. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that you can do so many things online these days. It's very handy, especially when the alternative is having to get up and travel halfway across the city.
    2. I'm grateful for the solidarity with the Muslim community after the Paris Attacks. Listening to some comments made by Muslim men and women on Reddit, the fear of reprisal from racists and bigots is real; I hope they can stay safe. They were not responsible for this horrific atrocity, nor should they feel responsible.
    3. I'm grateful for the hot weather today. No, I am not a 'hot weather guy', but look at it this way: this is an opportunity for me to practice getting comfortable with discomfort. So, let's go and do it!

17. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

Binge, you're doing some great things with your threads (that I've seen) and your posts.

I'm in a low place, so I wanted to join in on the Gratitude Attitude adjustment and thank you for getting this challenge rolling.

1. I'm grateful for moments of awareness when we can identify when things are being problematic
    2. For being able to run and work my body
    3. For having a nice, small place, that I can come home to

and as a bonus gratitude, your posts on solidarity with those who feel fear from uncertainty and others, and for this whole thread.

Drift.

18. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for

1. the ability to pick myself up after things dont go as I had planned or would have liked
    2. to remain optimistic about the future
    3. to just be, and enjoy life

19. Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  20. BushidoWarrior

Thank you man. It's much appreciated. I always feel happy knowing that others appreciate the small contributions I'm able to make.