1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Day 2/7

I am grateful for:
    1. Humanity. As much as we're inundated with news about what's wrong with the world, I believe the media shoves that in our faces just to keep our attention and make more money. The good things that people do aren't given much of a spotlight, and it should, because most of humanity is good.
    2. This computer I'm using right now. Who would've thought a century ago that we can access almost all knowledge ever known to have existed with a few clicks.
    3. Therapists. It feels amazing to know that there are professionals out there you can go and just vent to and talk about your emotions with. I feel that's a profession that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  2. Day 3/7

I am grateful for:
    1. Water, because it keeps me hydrated. Nothing beats downing a glass of water after being thirsty for a long time.
    2. Music, because I can get lost in it and just enter a different world entirely.
    3. Adversity, because these moments allow for lots of mental and emotional strengthening.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  3. Day 4/7

I am grateful for:
    1. Debrox, because it helps clean out the ear wax from my ears which makes it hard for me to hear properly at times.
    2. Cool breezes, because stepping into one when you're stressed out calms you down in an instant.
    3. My older cousin, who despite not showing much affection, loves everyone deeply and will do anything to help. It's because of him that I've been able to land a full time job and I will be forever grateful for his help and guidance.

4. Day 5/7

I am grateful for:
    1. My fitbit, because it helps me track my calories burned and makes the process of weight loss scientific and measurable.
    2. Video games, because they're a great way to stimulate the mind (in moderation of course).
    3. My sisters. Now where do I even start with these guys. I can write full length novels detailing the impact they've had on my life. I don't ever think I can have the same impact on their lives. I would give myself up for them if the situation calls for it.

5. Day 6/7

I am grateful for:
    1. The NoFap forums. It's comforting to know that there are others out there facing the same issues, which we can tackle together.
    2. Thick sole shoes, because nothing sucks more than being caught in a storm with thin sole shoes and feeling your socks get wet.
    3. Some friends I've made through group therapy. I've been attending group therapy sessions for a few terms now, and there have been some familiar faces who I've been seeing in groups for a while. It's become very easy to open up in the presence of people I know and it's also great to see the progress they've been making. Some of them weren't doing so well when I first met them, but they're doing a lot better now, even if they don't realize it. I make it a point to note the progress they've made, just to remind them of how far they've come.

6. I've reached day 7/7! Now, it's time to continue on for another week.

Day 7/7

I am grateful for:
    1. My friends. There are times when I feel like I'm alone and have no one, but then I take a step back and realize that I do have a group who have my back. They mean the world to me.
    2. Doctors. Imagine people falling sick and trying to self diagnose. Having experts in that field give us accurate diagnoses is very reassuring.
    3. Books. I've been telling myself to read more and rightfully so. Books are a great way to stimulate the mind, become curious and build creativity. You also become more well spoken and can articulate your words better.

7. Day 8/14

I am grateful for:
    1. Cars. It's so easy to get to some far away location with the help of these.
    2. Airplanes. There's no mode of transport which leaves me as awestruck as flying. The fact that I can travel to the other side of the world in a matter of 14 hours is just mind blowing. You're in the sky flying at 500mph, yet inside the airplane, it barely feels like we move at all!
    3. Phones. As much flak as they get, I believe phones are on of humanity's best inventions. We can call people, text people, look up information, set alarms, listen to music, play games, all on a single device. Obviously, we need to make sure that we don't overuse them.

8. Day 9/14

I am grateful for:
    1. Bright and sunny days. Stepping outside whenever I feel dull fills me up with energy and happiness. I can't wait for the summer when such days are longer!
    2. My roommates. In the past, I've had some pretty bad roommate experiences. But the ones I have now are so easy to live with. They are very kind and considerate.
    3. My mom and dad. They've had their difficulties in the past and there's been plenty of tension, but they keep it together for my sisters and I. They work so hard to make sure that I have a good life. I love them more than anything in the world and I hope I can repay their efforts in the future by making something of myself.

9. Day 10/14

I am grateful for:
    1. Women. I went through a phase where I felt bitter and resented women, mainly because of my inability to interact with them properly. I ate up all the bullshit those redpill forums fed me, and it fucked me up mentally. I still feel guilty that I fell for whatever I read on those forums. I've been able to get past that phase, and I now truly appreciate women as human beings. They add so much value to our lives and are so comforting to be around. I'm still unable to interact with them properly, but that's something I'm willing to work on.
    2. Lenny and Larry's cookies. This is a brand of protein cookies that I eat, and it's safe to say that I'm addicted to them. They satisfy my sugar urges and are healthy, so it's a win win for me.
    3. My wireless headphones. It makes working out so much easier when you don't having wires dangling in front of you.

10. Day 11/14

I am grateful for:
    1. Football (what it should be called instead of soccer). The objective seems so simple, kick a ball into a goal. However, the complexities involved, the different tactics and movements, players extreme fitness levels and even the mental strength required to play makes for quite an interesting sport!
    2. Vanilla greek yogurt. It serves as great supplement to my breakfast.
    3. My ice packs. I suffer from chronic back problems, and whenever the pain strikes, I just lie down with the ice pack, which provides great relief.

11. Day 12/14

I am grateful for:
    1. Eggs. They're loaded with protein, are good for you, and taste great!
    2. Chick-fil-a. Best chicken sandwich restaurant in my opinion. On top of that, I think I have a serious addiction to the chick-fil-a sauce. It's just too good!
    3. Chocolate chip cookies. Nothing more needs to be said really.

12. @Nati

@Nati Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for Nofap community without you I don't know what I will do.
    I'm thankful for God, he had always given me hope.
    I'm thankful that I have the greatest mom, who I'm doing this for.

13. Day 13/14

I am grateful for:
    1. My landlord. Literally the kindest person ever. If you have a complaint about anything in the house, he resolves the issue in an instant and doesn't make you wait. Best landlord I've ever had hands down.
    2. My foam roller. Whenever I feel like my muscles are getting tight, I just roll them out. The relief is amazing.
    3. My black window shades. It keeps any artificial lights out at night which makes my room pitch black, which helps me sleep properly.

14. Another week completed! Here's to many more. :emoji_beers:

Day 14/14

I am grateful for:
    1. The neighborhood I live in. It's very calm and quiet, just the way I like.
    2. Electricity. The impact this has had on our lives is unthinkable. What would we do without it?
    3. Marathon running. It's a great way to become physically fit and build up mental strength. I hope to get back into it soon.

15. Day 15/21

I am grateful for:
    1. Food trucks on campus. So many delicious options, quite cheap compared to restaurants. Dreamland for college students living on a budget.
    2. Insomnia cookies. Some of the best cookies I've ever had.
    3. Boom boom sauce pizza. My favorite food to eat whenever I get high.

16. Day 16/21

I am grateful for:
    1. Memes. Some of them are so funny. Even the most mundane memes make me laugh like crazy.
    2. Bananas. The perfect pre-workout snack for me.
    3. My wrist roller. Since I can't do deadlifts anymore, I need another way to work my forearms. And my god, this wrist roller absolutely torches my forearms after just a few minutes of use.

17. Day 17/21

I am grateful for:
    1. The bowl of oats I'm eating right now. So delicious and so filling.
    2. The headspace meditation app. It has different themes which help with targeting your meditation towards a specific problem.
    3. My wireless mouse. It's small, cheap and easy to use.

18. Day 18/21

I am grateful for:
    1. Scented candles. Great way to make your room smell better.
    2. Wawa. It has so many different kinds of food for cheap. A great place for a college student!
    3. Space exploration. There is nothing I love to talk about more than space. The vastness of the universe mesmerizes me.

19. Grateful for:
    1) Amazing grades I have been having in college
    2) Courage to come back to this forum to get a grip after not needing it for over a year
    3) Feeling motivated

20. Day 19/21

I am grateful for:
    1. Anger, because it is an indicator that we have to make some changes in our lives.
    2. Crying. As a guy, it feels nice to have that kind of emotional outlet. Feels great afterwards.
    3. Butter. Although it isn't healthy, it makes food so much tastier. Needs to be consumed in moderation though.