1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The heart of the issue

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I began my latest reboot about 6 weeks ago. This is more success than I have had in many months and I reveled in it. I felt closer to God than I have in a long time and it felt great. At the same time, I feared I was the seed that sprouts quickly on stony ground only to wither and die for lack of roots; and so it was. About a week ago, the newness wore off and I let myself come very close to the fire. Fortunately, I found some renewed inspiration this morning as I refocus on the truly worthwhile goal. Our goal cannot be solely to complete some number of days or even years without PMO. This is merely a ruler of success but not success itself. Our goal must be to get to know God so well that we super saturate our hearts with love for Him; leaving room for nothing else. It is a simple but overpowering love of God that I need. I pray that I, and all of us, will seek and grow such a passionate love for God that we desire nothing else. God bless you brothers. May love of God overflow our hearts during this Advent and beyond.