1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Incredible Gift of the Eucharist

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Before Our Precious Lord submitted to his torture and death, He gave us a gift that no other religious leader has, or ever will. He gave the unbroken line of ordained priests beginning with His apostles down to our ordained priests of today the power to transubstantiate a wafer of bread and a chalice of wine into His Body and Blood to be shared with each of us. Imagine! As Roman Catholics, we can internalize The Body and Blood of God! The most precious thing in the universe, far beyond any paltry material possession, is being offered for us in every mass.

In times past, I partook of the Eucharist while the mortal sin of lust was on my soul and I knew at the time that I was committing yet another serious sin. The feelings of guilt were a miserable burden that I brought upon myself. Today, I am not without sin but I am free from mortal sin. What a wonderful feeling it is to receive the Eucharist with the knowledge that I am striving to keep my temple clean in order to be a better vessel for Christ.

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Today after a mass I saw some religious books at the entry of the church. They were for free (second hand) everybody could take one, two or more. It has been the first time I saw books to take free in this church. One man was checking and choosing too. I started to check and I chose a book titled 'Eucharist'. All about Eucharist liturgy. Interesting coincidence that you are starting such a thread today. A sign?

Untamed_fantasy, CPilot and Keli like this.
  3. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Justo hoy también tuve una jornada casi todo el dia sobre la eucaristía. Luego terminamos con misa y adoración.
    Fue muy hermoso .. durante la adoración tuvimos un momento de arrodillarnos mas cerca cara a cara con el Santísimo .. le pedi con mucha devoción que no permita q me separe de de él..
    Que no permita que vuelva a caer en PMO . Que mi corazón anhela vivir en pureza y castidad pero soy debil y sin su ayuda vuelvo a caer..
    Le pedi que me llene de su amor..para q ya no mendigue amor donde y con quien no debo..
    Que me enseñe a amar ..

Kennedy_p4 and CPilot like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

What a powerful prayer! Teach me to love.

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Perhaps there is no such thing as a coincidence when we learn to trust in God. I look forward to reading what you learn from this book. Your insight and teaching is always so helpful!

Godrye88 likes this.