1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE INTERSTELLAR CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by hoping_cannon, Jul 15, 2020.

1. hoping_cannon

hoping_cannon Distinguished Fapstronaut

Good Luck on your AIIMS exam and get yourself placed in College you dream of.

2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

@hoping_cannon
    I’ve found the coordinates.
    I’m working on trapping that drone now.

Check in

hoping_cannon and Henryforward like this.
  3. Yeet yeet still yeeting along. Almost a week.

4. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

5. HeadlessKnight

HeadlessKnight Fapstronaut

Endurance crashed for me at day 34, here I am on my way to recover at day 7

"None of us can go back, all we can do is our best, and sometimes, the best we can do is to start over"

hoping_cannon likes this.
  6. Fine Man

Fine Man Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 18

Henryforward and hoping_cannon like this.
  7. hoping_cannon

hoping_cannon Distinguished Fapstronaut

8. thinking_differently

9. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Hey! I'm no longer a lowly farmer - Out catching drones ;)

10. thinking_differently

Day 2 completed.
    Had a difficult day.

11. Fine Man

Fine Man Fapstronaut

Check in on Day 19

12. Fine Man

Fine Man Fapstronaut

13. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 3

I have two separate streaks going. The streak to resist MO and the streak to resist P. I am 3 days down MO free and 4 days down P free. Which I do take these challenges seriously, I do not consider MO'ing a relapse (at least in terms of my global counter), but instead I consider it a reset. While I will try not to MO, I would rather MO than look at P or PMO and I would rather not P or MO period. I am doing pretty well though. Flirting with a coworker, though I am not sure if she is picking up on it or if she is flirting back, as I am trying to be subtle about it and I do not know how to read people. She is about 4.75 years younger than me, being five days younger than my youngest sister, but she is a mathematician, which adds its own beauty to her qualities, and I get along with her, so maybe coming up I will be asking her out. At this period, I am not thinking about P too much, but I know that tomorrow may be a difficult day, so I have to stay alert.

Best,
    Mathman1994

14. Fine Man

Fine Man Fapstronaut

Bless you, and wish you good luck in finding your partner! Honestly it's hard to find a female in the field of Mathematics

15. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Thank you. There are definitely not a ton of them, though I have met my fair share. In my real analysis course, there is only one woman out of about a dozen people including the professor. I have been interested in three female mathematicians. One had a boyfriend, so I never asked her out. One was almost exclusively into women, though she was bisexual, and she turned me down. We are still good friends though (it is comforting being turned down by someone because you are not the correct gender, instead of being turned down by someone because they are not attracted to you despite being attracted to men). And now there is the my current crush. We have been messaging back and forth since Wednesday, and it is really nice.

I am still on day three for a few more hours, but in about 16 hours, I will be catching drones, which I am excited about. Got triggered last night, but managed to fight the urge (was a little disgusted and turned off which helped, when I found out the bikini model whose photos triggered me, was only 14). I did not P or MO, and I am very proud of myself for that. Also disgusted with the world in the fact that we have 14 year old bikini models. I don't care how mature looking they are, they are too young. Perhaps I am just bitter because before I realized she was 14, I lusted after her, but if I lusted after her, then you can bet there are a lot of men who do it, even after knowing that she is 14. What is wrong with this world. Well I cannot completely change it on my own, but I made the right decision and for that I am proud.

Best,
    Mathman1994

16. I will share with you my own strategy, which seems to be working.
    I made my counter say no P. As in my mind having to have no PMO, added more stress. I haven't fapped and I don't plan on it but it's like it's made this 10 days so much easier since I could m if I really felt the need. I don't think I will and hopefully come 30 days I will switch it back to no PMO. But just that little bit less pressure of being able to MO if you must. May just give some of you a little bit more of a head start.
    As when you M you need to reset. Bit of it's only p you don't.
    I'm still planning on totally no PMO if that makes sense. Just by reducing a little pressure. I really haven't had the urge to even do that

If you do however feel you must MO. Go stand in front of a mirror with your willy in your hand. And stop for a few moments and just think how stupid it looks.

That was a critical point for me when I saw myself about a month ago, I thought what if someone could see this, what would they think. Is the few moments of pleasure which is never even good worth, wasting your time.

Needless to say when I saw myself I quickly put my pants back on and grew just a little bit stronger.

Try new things until you figure out what it takes you to see just how you are robbing yourself of life.

If you want a girlfriend or wife one-day. If your still pmo'ing, you will be unable to perform and keep her happy.

Also meaningless s*x sucks. But I believe when it is with the one you love, as it's called love making it will be amazing.
    Picture yourself six months from now walking towards your future self. And he smiles and thanks you for fighting and for forgetting about the selfish act that is fapping.

Trust me even your mind renews when you read, or write or discover something else to spend your time doing. Go for a hike, go to a park and feed the birds.
    Go for a run.
    Build a bird house to give to a friend or family member for Christmas.

Time is the most precious currency we have. Spend it wisely.
    Just you being here means you care enough about your future to keep trying no matter how many times you fall down, you are worth so much more than you could ever imagine.

Fight for you, fight for your future soul mate.
    Fight so you lose the anxiety, fight so depression loses its grip.
    Fight so you can live out your amazing destiny.

You got this, and the odds are in your favor. The odds are in whoever is here on nofap favor, if you just keep trying. It doesn't matter how many times you fall, as long as you keep getting up. Evaluation of why and what triggered you then Making plans to avoid the same scenario.

You got this. And to whoever else reads it I believe in you and God sees you and I pray you keep on fighting.
    You will overcome this.

17. _Just_For_PRJ_

_Just_For_PRJ_ Fapstronaut

18. Fine Man

Fine Man Fapstronaut

Sure, sex sounds great, but platonic love is even better, personally. There is no doubt if you only focus on fapping instead of having genuine relationships with your partner, this is detrimental to your life. Speaking of this, I just accidentally relapsed today, after a long 3 week streak.

I won't call this a failure. I know the timing isn't right yet. Three weeks is my current longest streak and I'm proud of it. Initially I have no intent to fap, where I focus on my work and days pass by just fine. But when it comes to a few days earlier, I suddenly feel the urge of doing so. The temptation is just too hard to resist and I cannot even bear the pain. I cannot focus on my work. So ultimately I decided to do it once and for all, and guiltiness flows in without a doubt. This vicious cycle seems to repeat forever. I have no idea when can it ends.

But that's not the end of story. Back in November this year I also failed No Nut November, but failures are just the past, not the excuses for shirking your responsibilities. This time I also failed after a long streak, I accept the outcome. I truly know that if I evaluate clearly the causes, the consequences, my consciousness, my goals then I would learn from my mistake. Is it frustrating to accept failures? Yet, indeed, but that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I seldom type this long passage in the thread, but I feel something today and want to express it. I'm glad that I find out this community unexpectedly, and the bless for everyone here for your support. Before that I always think fapping is a taboo that me and my friends only consider it as adult jokes instead of talking it deeply. It is because I found you guys(and thanks for this amazing challenge @hoping_cannon ) that I'm able to resist my temptation for 21 days, which is super extraordinary and amazing. I hope everyone's goal can be accomplished and wish you all good luck. Bless you.

P.S. Nofap is perhaps my biggest New Year Resolution, kicking start from Day 1 but I'm not frustrated now

19. Platonic love perhaps has it's place. But I've had some pretty serious relationships and it was always best when there was at least some sense of love.
    Otherwise it just leaves you feeling dirty.
    I guess I was just trying to encourage people to quit this so they can experience love and intimacy one day.
    And not to go throwing their innocence away. I've seen to many people after hitting 90 days, go and waste themselves on whores. And where does that get anyone? No-where as you pay them to do whatever you crave.
    Which in itself is no better than PMO. A click to a site, or a flip of a bill.

Hold onto yourself. Have patience there is someone out there for everyone.
    Go meet a girl, get to know her just don't be in a rush.
    But be patient. And then fall in love.

Fine Man and hoping_cannon like this.