1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Joy of Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ifthisislove, Jul 4, 2015.

1. I had a cold shower and just after that I was about to post about it. Yes take cold showers every day it really reduces the stress. I think it relaxes the tension in the muscles.

2. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

This is awesome. I always rejected the idea of cold showers but now I want to give it a try. I really like how the guy describes it in that video he seems like a genuine badass.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

I've had cold showers for 5 days consecutively now. I've also got a job interview today so I'm focussed on that.

I found today's shower particularly difficult for some reason. I hadn't eaten, I've had two spin and ab days at the gym back-to-back and my legs and abs are feeling it very much.

4. Yeah Mark Queppet is the man. He has some other videos floating around. And he has a ton on nofapacademy.com I signed up for that for a few months and have been clean ever since.

5. Good luck brother, hope you can be calm and confident, and keep in mind you are interviewing them as well: you don;t want to end up in a shitty work environment / dead end job.

ifthisislove likes this.
  6. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Thanks Jack - trust me this isn't a dead end job whatsoever. I think I'm ready for it. Cold shower helped, just had something to eat and will do 10 minutes of meditating shortly.

7. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

Cutting ice with a chainsaw, that's so bad ass it doesn't even sound real.

8. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

I tried the cold shower following the instructions of that video from Mark Queppet. It worked just like he said. I guess I just needed someone to explain it in a way that made good logical sense.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Today it was Day 6 - I thought I would spend a few minutes with hot water before switching to cold for another few minutes. Yes @Payb4k I do think it relieves tension in the muscles and as a result, I feel very relaxed at the moment as I'm sitting down.

10. Rajesh_Koothrappali

Rajesh_Koothrappali Fapstronaut

They do help indeed when doing it the right way. I normally went from warm to cold. Now I went for cold right away. Felt a lot of emotions getting out, when I stepped under it. Took a lot of self control but I managed to become relaxed and I felt a lot better when I was done.

11. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

Did my second cold shower today and stayed in there much longer. The after effects are more noticeable this time, very refreshing. Honestly it's no big deal. I thought it was going to be way more difficult because I've always hated the cold and some people start to panic and stuff. After about 20 seconds the water just feels warm. Pretending that the water is warm really seems to do the trick.

12. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Today was Day 7 of cold showers, but this time I had several of them - all in the gym. Once for about 30 seconds before hitting the pool, then again after I was finished in the hot tub, sauna and steam rooms. I feel so refreshed and energised after my workout too.

As a side-note, I got several glances from girls on my way to the gym again, although it could be to do with the fact I was wearing an orange Reese's Peanut Butter Cups t-shirt.. :)

13. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

I've been doing cold showers for a few weeks (can't even remember exactly when) and I can say they're fun, for me at least, in a weird way I kind of enjoy the thrill it provides, haven't noticed any benefits really (aside from being much shorter) and lately I've been relapsing like crazy so I don't know how far it actually goes in terms of rebooting.

14. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Been doing cold showers every morning for about 6 months… Completely unrelated to Nofap. I read something on Lifehacker or somewhere like that, and I thought it would be the one thing that I absolutely, positively couldn't do. So in my head that became a challenge, and I gave it a go. I started off with the "James Bond" shower… As hot as you can stand for 5 mins, then as cold as possible for 5 mins, back to hot for 5, and finish off with a cold one. But that's 20 minutes… who's got time for that? (never mind the water bills!) So now it's straight into the full on cold. It's much easier when the weather's warmer too! I recently joined a gym and always end with a stingingly cold shower after a workout… I feel completely energised and "fizzing". I recently discovered a dutch guy called Win Hof (worth a google) who takes it to the extreme – and has a ton of world records for cold endurance. He reckons, coupled with meditation and breathing excercises controlled exposure to extreme cold can boost your immune system. When he started telling you it can cure AIDs and cancer, and flogging you a $99 program I kind of lost interest a bit, but I was intrigued for a bit :)

15. 8BitsOfStuggling

8BitsOfStuggling Fapstronaut

Hey! There's an app for that :)

JoePineapples likes this.
  16. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Today was Day 11.

Some days are easier than others, but today I think was where I finally cracked it. I didn't quite jump in, but for the first time there was a sense that my body had finally gotten used to the sudden cold rush when I enter the shower. The first 5-10 seconds are always the hardest, especially with the icy water hitting your back. Any negative thoughts and feelings are instantly given a jolt of freezing lightning and make you feel good. This stuff kills off depression better than prozac.

It's helped me to be much more alert and focused that's for damn sure and my self-esteem has never been better. I still have to work hard on the NoFap thing, but that's a continual work in progress.

So after completing 10 days yesterday, I asked myself if I should do 30 days. I still am, to be quite honest. I'll go on for as long as I'm happy with it I suppose.