1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Last Thoughts Challenge ***

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by InfinitePossibilities, May 26, 2017.

1. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

Inspired by The Gratitude Attitude Challenge

*** The Last Thoughts Challenge ***

If you died right now, would you have any regrets?

(If you feel uncomfortable or in any way offended by this, please do not proceed.
    This is meant to be a beneficial, inspiring exercise.)

[​IMG]

Preperation:
    • Close your eyes.
    • Imagine lying in bed, exhaling your last breath. The time has come to let go. Nothing is left to do, your existence being the person you used to be comes to it's end.
    • Take a couple of minutes to get used to this imagination.
    • Make this imagination as vivid as possible in your mind (as long as you feel okay with it)
    • If this exercise brings up any regrets, please feel free to share them with us.
    • Take this challenge at least every third month while on the NoFap journey or whenever you feel it could be beneficial to you.
    • Please remember: this is meant to be beneficial and inspiring. If you feel uneasy at any given moment, please do not proceed.
    Examples - Top 5 regrets of the dying:
    1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
    2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
    3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
    4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
    5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. InfinitePossibilities

If i died right now...
    • I wish I'd had not worried so much about my job, about money, about the life of others that i would like to live but was out of reach.
    • I wish I'd had allowed myself to simply enjoy life.
    • I wish I'd had allowed myself to feel contented.
    • I wish I'd had allowed myself to laugh or cry when i felt like it
    • I wish I hadn't avoided so many things i wanted to do because of anxiety

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

In No Order :
    1 . I wish I'd work harder to achieve my dreams .
    2 . I wish I'd bonded with my sister more .
    3 . I wish I'd went to New York to see my nephew again .
    4 . I wish I'd go to church more often .
    5 . I wish I'd had more patience with my parents .
    6 . I wish I'd never gave up so easily on certain things .
    7 . I wish I'd had the courage to approach women .
    8 . I wish I'd been able to say one last goodbye to everyone .

4. Jodo Kus

Jodo Kus Fapstronaut

This is a great idea! Although I think it should not be done in a way were you ponder about your regrets - finding more and more regrets over time. Could this happen? Anyway, I'll try to answer the question:

I would regret and I will regret

- missed chances to meet or get intimate(r) with a girl I liked
    - missed chances of getting to know people better or improving my relationship with them
    - missed chances to do/try awesome new things or to open new doors
    - missed chances of stating my opinion despite opposition and be authentic
    - spending too much time with boring, repetitive, inactive or even selfharming activites (they should be called "passivities")

5. InfinitePossibilities

Thanks for contributing! By doing this exercise one eventually may be more motivated to do things, because by viewing it from the perspective of a dying there are no excuses left.

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  6. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

This is a great thread. These are my list of wishes for the life I would have loved to live:-

• I wish I hadn't let fear hold me back from doing and being so many things when much of it was simply the fear of fear itself
    • I wish I had asked the girl out I was in love with when I was 21 and who liked me back and not listened to other guys who told me that a woman like her wouldn't want to be with a guy like me
    • I wish I had left home and moved away while still a teen and never looked back
    • I wish I hadn't wasted precious time catastrophizing about things which have never happened and were never going to happen
    • I wish I could be the person with others that I am when I'm home alone eg with no fear of looking stupid
    • I wish I had not compared myself unfavourably with other people and just lived my life on my terms unapologetically
    • I wish I hadn't spent so many years involved in religion/spirituality when it's led me to a big fat zero in terms of what I believe
    • I wish I hadn't fapped so much and actually gone out there into the real world and actually lived

InfinitePossibilities likes this.
  7. rskater205

rskater205 Fapstronaut

I have too much faith in God I don't think that He has guided me wrong

8. InfinitePossibilities

Sure, i'm sorry if this exercise appears to you as if god could guide someone wrong - i do also think this is not possible.

The purpose of this exercise is to view life from the perspective of a dying person. For some people, this can bring insights and motivation.

For example: it helped me with relationships, because by doing this exercise some years ago, i noticed that unsolved conflicts with people would be something i would regret the most. So if there is conflict in a relationship, i am more motivated to solve it.

9. rskater205

rskater205 Fapstronaut

The main thing is I just don't see the benefit it regret. Learn from our mistakes live in the present. Regret is for people who can't accept life is an imperfect, yet perfect experience

10. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

If I am to die right now,

I'll feel grateful and thankful for the beautiful sunrise I've enjoyed

For the cool mountain air
    For the laughter I shared with friends
    For the love I received
    And all the pork I ate and all the beer I enjoyed

And for this journey and the revelations it gave me! Thamzi! Peace!

InfinitePossibilities likes this.
  11. InfinitePossibilities

Pardon? :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. InfinitePossibilities