1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lodge Of Seekers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ᴍᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ, Apr 16, 2017.

1. This thread is a digital gathering point in cyberspace.

Lodge describes the relaxed and communal aspect of the thread, discuss and share as you will.

What sort of seekers you may be wondering if that term is foreign to you? Seekers of truth and enlightenment.

People who see beyond the limitations of self, perhaps if it is only a vague feeling of having a glimpse of some light off in the distance over a dark hill, maybe they know what truth is but are still bound fast to selfish indulgences and have earthly desires to be fulfilled yet.

A seeker is merely one who is aware of the truth and chooses to walk towards it, regardless of how caught up in the world they may still be.

Quotes, poems, insights, videos, and anything else may be shared here for all to collectively sip from the unfathomably deep wellspring of universal truth.

2. Speaking of lodges, I just recalled staying at an Econo Lodge with my grandma while on a trip to Disney World in Florida. A stark reminder of the fleeting nature of life. Her days are almost numbered and mine are too actually due to the severity of my addiction.

This Lodge is of the world but the topics to be shared are not of the world, at least from my end. The highest attainment is to be found not in some remote Himalayan cave or Chinese mountain temple, although sages may dwell in such places, but rather the truth permeates every molecule and mote of dust in the boundless cosmos. One must remain in the world but if they seek truth, expanding one's awareness to the timeless teachings will be necessary. I am only a traveller passing through here. Starting a warm fire in this lodge and resting (rebooting) while I gather the strength necessary to continue my path with Teachers offline.

Tis a cold and dark life to be cut off from the truth. Lies taste sweet at the beginning, however torment always follows the false. Some people choose to learn the hard way, all must meet their maker all the same however.

I will share more this week. I'll be in and out of the lodge during my journey here sporadically.

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Well how much "truth" do you actually know if your demise is imminent?

4. I was speaking of a possibility without clarifying I did not mean that as an absolute.

5. Pinned by Dharma View
    Enriching Exchanges 4 months ago

"I first want to thank you for uploading this video. After watching this video, I asked myself what did I take away for having spent 40 minutes of my life on this. At a very shallow-level, this seems to be some kind of corporate-training session for sales-representatives who work at a medical device/drug marketing firm in India sometime after 1989 (the date, I am not sure about). In terms of the content, my reactions were multifold. First, Swamiji is a fascinating speaker, almost a theater-artist. Through the inflection of his voice, his gestures, the shifts in his facial expressions, and artfully combining them with crisp simple thoughts sprinkled with a humor and gentle ribbing of the audience, he is able to easily enthrall his audience. Second, he picked a simple message, executed it neatly, and was eminently practical. For instance, he did not drown the audience with the complicated questions like nature of reality, the self and whatnot, nor did he deal with the complexities of everyday reality in the life of a professional. He simply dismissed the latter as a nuisance with what seemed to be the following line of reasoning: "External conditions may or may not be conducive, but you keep your focus on putting in excellence". I find it useful. Thirdly, although he is himself a deep thinker, he does not necessarily want his audience to wonder too much about why the world is the way it is in ; rather he seems to be making a clear distinction between his role and that of his audience. To me it appears that he delves deep into the "why are things the way they are?" questions not simply to understand, but to generate answers for the "how to act?" questions the audience has. There are two types of seekers. Those who are interested in understanding and reflecting, and those who are interested in what to do. I think, at least in this lecture, Swami Chinmayananda appeals to the latter type of seeker. Initially, I thought I am not sure if I agreed with him at a couple of levels. But then, I found myself willing to suspend my disagreement and end up agreeing with him, at least partially. That is the hallmark of a powerful speaker! Finally, while I found this talk eminently practical, I did not see anything particularly vedantic about this. That does not take away the value of the speech, though! Again, thanks to Swamiji for his lecture, thanks to the uploader for making it available, and thanks to the force of nature/God/what-have-you for making it possible for me to be watching this. Harihi Om!"

I won't be sharing my own thoughts in regards to truth in this thread.

I was intending this more for sharing universal resources from all spiritual teachings.

You're free to share your own unique insights.

I didn't come to NoFap to chat it up.

6. "Under the bright sun, many of us are gathered together with different languages, different styles of dress, even different faiths. However, all of us are the same in being humans, and we all uniquely have the thought of 'I' and we're all the same in wanting happiness and in wanting to avoid suffering."

~ Dalai Lama ~

7. My journey is almost done here. I will miss this place. The tides of time call for me to pack my digital rucksack and venture forth away from this place in the coming months. Might post one more time in here before I go.