The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

A night without worries, no urges or anything.

Day 4 - Orc.

rotten_tomato, MS PBH, HE^MAN and 9 others like this.
  2. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

3. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

76 days have passed since I started the journey. I have had a lot of anxiety about a big life move I feel I have to make, but don't have the confidence to know that I can I guess? I gotta come up with a proper plan I guess.

My stress levels have been high for a long time now. I'm surprised I'm making it here, but I am. I know that if I can hold my streak during tough times I can do it during good times easily.

4. magopt

magopt Fapstronaut

Last night was a good one, though I heard that the PMO forces were lurking in the area I didn't see any.

(25 days)

5. ListenPaul

ListenPaul Fapstronaut

That's a good advice, I think. I used to do it in the past but I have grown lazy. I should resume it. I did it with the help of a computer spreadsheet. Every time before going to the internets, I used to write what I want to do and later, as you wrote, check out. Internet is a fantastic invention if used properly and without compulsion. Like today I watch a video how to wrap a present and did that.

We have to be conscious of what we do. Especially on internet. It takes mental energy but it's worth it. So yes, I think I should resume that spreadsheet. Starting now. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  6. ListenPaul

ListenPaul Fapstronaut

Day 30 monk mode journey.

The Elven town of Rivendell greets your arrival. A Council of representants explains the path to Mordor in detail. You´re an Elf now.

First of all, Thank You @Onan the Barbarian , @bob200 , @Redemptionisrequired and @GreenManLeaf for supportive messages. Much easier to find a strength to continue.

Day started ok. I can't complain. I got up on time, took a walk, nice breakfast, came here to see what's going on. Now I should move further. Lot's of stuff to do today.

Exercise no 4. No procrastination.

Today's exercise is to look around or check your mind and find one thing that you have been procrastinating for a long time and do it today. We all have these - fixing something, taking out the trash, mopping the floor, putting books into the shelves, buying a present for somebody, calling someone... We all have at least one thing that is silently pressing our heads and it shouldn't. I already did mine task today but I think I can do at least one more. I have lots of them. You can join me, if you like.

These exercises are not for making as more productive or anything like that. I try to think of exercises that would make us more conscious about what's going on in our heads and surroundings. Like if we feel low, or urges or anything, it doesn't come from nowhere. There is always a reason. If I feel weak and tempted because of virus - I should heal the body, at least drink some ginger tea... If I feel stressed and tempted because of what I have been procrastinating for a month - I should do that task asap and feel calm again. If I feel bored, lonely and, as a consequence, tempted, maybe I should write a friend and schedule a meeting.

These are very superficial reasons that I write about. Usually reasons of a long term addiction lie very deep. And a well trained consciousness is required to find these. But, as always, big things start from small.

Rivendell.jpg
    Source of picture: https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Rivendell

7. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

The urges are alright, yet another karma clearing period awaits. It always arrives before things get better from what I've read. Resistance is required!

8. Ready_to_Stop

Ready_to_Stop Fapstronaut

Day 227 no PMO. Day 1 of hotel by myself went fine. One more night. See you guys tomorrow!

9. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

10. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

11. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

12. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

Now I am no more anxious to talk with anybody and I am also along the popular kids in my new academic year of my college.

13. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Still going strong , but there has been a dip in my productivity .

14. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

half way done, you get this!

15. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

try to have a steady sleep and wake up schedule, that will help you sleep better.

however, when facing insomnia, it´s useless to roam in the bed, get up and do something. then after a while try to sleep again. however during the wake time, make a rule to not engage in any electronic devices (tv, mobile, laptop, etc...). none whatsoever. because the fatigue and lack of focus will make you a easy prey for the addiction.

i´ve relapsed many times in the past due to insomnia, and only when i did a specific plan for insomnia, i stop relapsing that way.

i hope this helps :)

16. RiseToGreatness

Hear hear!!! :emoji_ok_hand::emoji_muscle:

17. RiseToGreatness

well, you don´t need to be afraid of stages or time zones. it seems to me that what you´re really lacking is coping skills to deal with strong urges. and you need this knowledge because when urges gets stronger, they must be tackled, or they can easily override us.

so, my main recommendation to deal with strong urges is: cold showers, meditation and workouts. these will help you reduce the steam a lot.

however if by any reason, you feel that you´re on the brink of collapse, then you must activate the emergency protocol.

what i recommend is:
    1- physically relax (meditate, breath deeply,...) 2- engage in self-talk 3- do light exercises (light! don´t force yourself in this moment) 4- do positive afirmations to compensate the black hole of craving. dedicate the sacrifice of not giving in, to your highest version, the man that you want to be.

and that´s it ;)

for more details, check "my story and tips", on the signature ;)

18. RiseToGreatness

amazing brother!! :) very good, keep it up!!! :)

19. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

my back pain has reduced, but still here. the urges have also reduced so it´s good. overall the day was better than yesterday :).

i noticed that in the last days my social anxiety has dropped a lot, i can look and talk to people easily, especially girls, with more confidence and sympathy. it´s great :). i guess i´m really improving.

Checking out my friends :). Have a great day!! ;)

Here´s a classic to boost the spirit.

20. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 2 - Relapsed

So this one was pretty stupid, I was so caught up in the whole "gotta stick to my routine" thing from yesterday that when I had an urge come out of nowhere I just basically forgot about the list I made to help with the urges and so I just relapsed because I didn't know what to do and it eventually overwhelmed me.
    I'm not too upset about this relapse because I know exactly what I did wrong and how to prevent it next time: Don't focus 100% on one aspect of the addiction, I need to maintain a balance of keeping my guard up but also not letting my life revolve around my addiction. I need to understand that keeping myself busy and distracted with activities helps with dealing with urges as well as helps decrease the amount of urges, but I also need to be ready for when an urge does inevitably eventually arrive and I need to be prepared with the necessary steps to deal with those urges.