The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr.gentleman

Mr.gentleman Fapstronaut

Relapsed today. We are getting stronger and stronger every day. Let's go guys

2. This will be like
    mortal-kombat-straw-hatz.gif
    In 2 months

3. path2virtue

path2virtue Fapstronaut

Brothers I'm back. I was tempted by the ring for the past 2 weeks. God-willing this time will be the last time I embark on this journey. We're all in this together brothers.

4. Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition Fapstronaut

I'm thinking of taking a break from my smartphone and getting a 'dumbphone'. My phone is a massive distraction and the quickest way for me to access P.

5. logeyik

logeyik Fapstronaut

That would definitely help imho

6. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother, hope to survive it.
    Well maybe it has something to do with having everyday morning wood for a long time which made me used to it and slacking to act when will power had a word.

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks bro:)...I thought about it and came to another possible cause-I have changed my morning routine(today) and last two or three days felt sick and was taking aspirin and ibuprofen (they might have messed with my brain somehow)
    I wouldn't use words solid, happy and inspired but rather worried, greedy and a bit hopeful-someone who believes things are possible but fails to live them out....for years(somewhat miserable failure but at the same time somewhat hopefulo_O Dum spiro spero)

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear, man. Congrats on a long streak, though! When you think about it, one reset in 150 or so days is pretty good, something I used to not even be able to imagine.

I don't know if that's the right thing to say or not, but you always lift me and the other Fellows up when we've slipped or been slipping.

Get back in there, you got this!

9. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 24

So busy, and yet, can't seem to get back to work. Had a good talk with a colleague, though, and a cold shower this morning that helped with some things. But on we go. One day at a time for this hobbit.

10. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Nice bro!!! You did it! Try to remember your one week ago self, fearing that you wouldn't do it. But you did!

About the dream, it happens. Actually, it probably happened just because you were determined not to fall, even though you were also afraid of slipping. Our mind works to give dreams when it knows that we won't do it by ourselves, so it actually healthy. Just take care with the chaser effect, this is really dangerous.

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

12. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

I have been having a hard time making it past approximately day 2-3. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be an orc forever

Day 1 though!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  13. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 1

Today was nice, I've been keeping myself really busy today so I haven't had any urges that I can recall.

I seem to have gotten a nice routine going -for work days at least- which looks something like this:
    • Wake up, get breakfast
    • Play a game either with friends or on my own in the morning for a couple of hours.
    • Work out, shower
    • Go out on usual walk + Usual Japanese studies
    • Meditate once I get home
    • Work (which usually goes on until I go to bed)
    • If I finish early and have spare time afterwards: study more, watch a show, read a book/manga, play a game etc.
    It's not the most productive routine in the world but it makes me happy and makes me feel like I'm progressing toward something in life instead of feeling stationary.

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. Christoph108

Christoph108 Fapstronaut

12 days
    This time I'll make it to 90

16. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 2. Day by day doing my best it’s hard but not impossible. One day at the time.

17. Day 4 complete!

Good stuff today -- run, cold shower, lots of prayer time, and in the evening to keep myself occupied I spent some time reviewing my Greek lessons. I can see Isengard on the horizon.

St. Therese of Lisieux, pray for us!

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

Day 2
    Yesterday went ok, as I made myself drop into books and studies all day long. So I didn't get time to think about it.
    As I woke up today, I had an urge, but I got out of bed, and started moving around. And here I am checking in to leave my urges behind.
    Wish me luck.

19. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Welcome back brother!! Let´s do this!! :)