The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. logeyik

logeyik Fapstronaut

2. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 28

I completed an application I'd been dreading. Onan 1, Avoidance 0. A good day so far.

Today I have taken a cold shower, meditated, and done some informal prayer off and on. I got up at my preferred time of 6:30 am, too. I still have a couple more tasks to do, including a workout tonight.

4. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

5. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 5

Another chill day. My therapist had a power cut today so we've moved the session to tomorrow, I've also got my first accountability group session tomorrow too so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing how that goes. I spent a lot of time playing games with friends today so I didn't have time to watch Squid Game again today.

I had a couple of urges today I think mostly caused by triggers that I've seen before popping back up in my head as well as my addiction's voice being generally quite loud today.

6. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

If it is necesary to left youtube to get off of the influence of the pm , i will , many years with this , it is enough!
    [​IMG]

7. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 43

Got back from my travel. Hurt my foot in the first day and couldn't do half of the things that I planned to do, but still I'm glad for the trip, I relaxed and enjoyed spending a good time with family and friends. I checked in one day during the travel, and I metioned that I was having some stronger urges, but I thinks its passed and I'm back to the normal day-to-day ones.
    I've been also pretty impressed with myself. Honestly, I would never think that could reach this streak after so many short ones. I was expecting a slow and progressive improvement. Because of that, I've been feeling confident enough to start fighting another addictions: coffee (which I've been fighting already) and sugar (that I'll start soon).

@bob200 Hope I get through this without falling bro! Try going for a walk in a park and do some breathworks when you get those feelings back, it might remind you that life's much bigger than our problems. I do this when I'm in the middle of a storm like this of yours.

@EpsilonDelta Man, I get these anger problems a lot and I they usually turn into triggers when I don't release them. Tearing cardboard apart or doing some sprinting running are things that help me to relieve those feelings.

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 82. I suppose I've done everything I intended to do today, so that's good. Was slow to get going though. Not a lot to say about today really.

Revanthegrey, Toni7, MS PBH and 12 others like this.
  10. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

11. Christoph108

Christoph108 Fapstronaut

17 days
    This time I'll make it to the 90

Revanthegrey, MS PBH, HE^MAN and 10 others like this.
  12. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice, bro! I think most of us need to be careful with anger and other extreme emotions, since they can trigger a relapse. :)

13. logeyik

logeyik Fapstronaut

Man I feel sorry for you.
    Never lose hope and keep moving forward!

14. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

466 days high king
    535 days no PMO, semen retention

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Revanthegrey, Talz, HE^MAN and 8 others like this.
  15. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

16. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

17. Ready_to_Stop

Ready_to_Stop Fapstronaut

Day 233 no PMO. I was still feeling down and angry yesterday when my dad called and I had to take him to the hospital. He will be ok. It’s interesting how helping others is so good for lifting my mood. I need to find a way to help others more often. When he called I just jumped into action and immediately forgot about my problems.

Revanthegrey, Talz, MS PBH and 10 others like this.
  18. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 17

I’ve survived yesterday, it was shit. I was just tired and cranky all day long. But tonight I’ve slept 8 hours and I feel so much better.

The urges are getting stronger and one thought in particular is massing with my head. I’ve been reading about what to do in berlin in the winter and everywhere I’ve look they write about the sauna’s in berlin and how everyone is naked there and stuff like that and it is massing with my head. I come from kind of a restrictive society, and all of my life the idea of nudist beaches and naked saunas always sounded like one big happy orgy party and I was obsessed with it in my PMO days.

Is there anyone here from northern Europe that can calm me down and tell me what the hell are this sauna phenomenon all about? I would really love to hear that there is nothing exciting there because I can’t stop thinking about it.

Revanthegrey, Talz, HE^MAN and 8 others like this.
  19. Ready_to_Stop

Ready_to_Stop Fapstronaut

Another thing I wanted to ask about. YouTube has this thing on their app called “Shorts” that shows up on my regular feed. Some days the videos there are fine but a lot of times they have tempting content on them. I have not completely fallen (only clicked it a few times and realized it was a bad idea and got out of there) to the videos but it does seem like it could be a problem at some point. Do you guys know if a way to turn those “shorts” off in my feed? It seems to be short videos from TikTok. I’m not on TikTok as I assume that would be an awful place for a recovering addict.

Revanthegrey, Talz, MS PBH and 8 others like this.