1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

Saw a movie last night and fished a bit, didn´t find anything particulary arousing but i was looking for it and felt very excited. i think this attitude was due to fatigue and overconfidence. i didn´t finish watching it, nor i will finish anyway, the movie has lot´s of triggers. plus i pick it precisely because of the triggers :confused:, but i was not aware at the time (fishing).

Strong urges this morning, so i breathe into them, and channel them (sexual transmutation) into my handwritting goal. my calligraphy is getting better by the day :)

Nothing more to add. Have a great day brave Companion and a sweet Sunday :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  2. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

3 weeks! 21 days! 504 hours! This is amazing!

I’m just so happy to be clean. I’ve never thought I could get to this point, and it feels great.

I know it could sound silly, but for me, learning juggling was amazing to help me in times of trouble.

I’ve linked a video of the man who started the HeadSpace meditation app. That app helped so much. This tad talk is about meditation, but while looking at this tad talk he is showing that practicing juggling is surprisingly similar to the meditation.

Trust me, juggling is hard enough to keep you engaged in the present moment (and help with the urge). Beneficial in the sense that it really helps improve coordination. And really satisfying to having this fun ability that you can show off at random times in social events. And you can learn how to do it from YouTube in a couple of hours.

3. GreenManLeaf

GreenManLeaf Fapstronaut

0 Days again
    "an old robed man came to me in the night, he urged me to start my journey, he also gave me a warning, that the ring wraiths were comming, I grew scared and ran back to the caves wearing the blody ring"

Back at square one again, I woke up last night with an unusual urge product of a dream, somehow it happens to me each time I see this one girl, I am not that much into her, and I barely saw her, but I have noticed this recurring pattern, so wierd. What ever, its best to let go of remorse and keep going, the good side of it all is that my average streaks have grown from 2-3 days to 15-20; Rome wasn't built in one day they say.

4. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 141, trod on!

5. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It's day four for me.

I know that I have not made the final decision that I will not masturbate anymore when I can be sexual with my wife instead, though that is the decision I am trying to make. My mind keeps telling me that it would be okay in the future. I have learned to realize that I am thinking this way at least, but now I need to combat it, to make the decision once and for all that I will not masturbate. I want this, but something is holding me back. I wish I knew how to just do this.

For now, I take the journey one day at a time. I try to put my plan into practice, and one day I think it will work. Maybe that's what it takes: persevering and working the plan until it clicks.

I cut down on caffeine as I have done many times in the past. I feel well about this, albeit tired. I want to quit one day, although it is a less important goal than quitting masturbation.

I know that I can do this.

6. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

7. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

8. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 87

I had a dream I relapsed last night, glad it turned out just to be a dream.

9. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Struggling with chaser effect urges. Man, the addiction is so powerful. Have to practice my skills now of observing the thought and redirecting my focus towards some small achievable goal.

10. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Guys, I am watching "Kingdom Men Rising" and while you don't have to agree with everything in it, there are some super relevant interviews from about minute 39:00. I literally paused watching it to post this here. I can't find the clips on you tube, but if you stream the documentary and go to minute 39 you can pick it up from there.
    "when you are not spiritually alive, you're left with nothing but your senses. So now you're trying to feel alive and you're using your senses to get you that, when that was never God's intention. It's a poor substitute for being spiritually alive."

11. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Found this also which might help (it has helped me)-

12. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 10 - New record!!!

Today I have beaten my record of 9 days from February! I wish I could say today was great but it kinda wasn't all that great, I haven't eaten much due to a bunch of reoccurring urges throughout the day plus I had some really bad chest pain from overexerting myself during my workout. Don't get me wrong I'm over the fucking moon about the fact that I've finally beaten my record AND reached double digits for the first time, just the contents of today have been kinda poop. But nevertheless, today marks the longest I have ever gone without PMO since the age of about 9.

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

14. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

15. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 12. This has been a rough road. Caught myself fishing today. Really having some self-doubt lately. Need to keep pushing ahead and create a healthy sex life

16. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

22 days
    This time I'll make it to the 90

17. Day 1 complete!

Little bit of chaser, but nothing too powerful. I was NOT about to let myself get into a pattern of bingeing after having just fallen so recently. If only I could keep up this mindset for weeks at a time. Really, having masturbated at any point in the past is still too "recently."

18. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

0 days Nazgul wanting to join in. Let’s go brothers, I wanna be a Gandalf someday, but for now my goal is to make it to Hobbit. Thanks for your support.

19. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

471 days high king
    540 days no PMO, semen retention

20. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Today was an exhausting day at work. I felt like I did a little better with the irl fishing thing, but really started to slip towards the end. I am going to have to put more thought into what to do career wise... I really just like the idea of working for myself, but I don't know how realistic that is.

HE^MAN, Bucketo, MS PBH and 9 others like this.