1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Another white wizard! Respect!

Do you have any tips for us in the lower ranks? :)

2. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Thank you!

First-

HAVE A POWERFUL REASON

My biggest motivation was the birth of my daughter. I stopped just 2 weeks prior to her birth and I’ve never PM’d since she’s been with us.

She was my powerful reason.

Second-

QUITING IS YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AND ALL THAT MATTERS

Every other focus or goal takes backseat and can be temporarily suspended if a PM (or PMO) urge strikes.

Addiction knows when you are tired or overwhelmed and your defenses are thus weakened. This is when it will attack.

in these moments, drop all other obligations or commitments and divert all of your energy and focus to abstinence.

When I needed to fortify my position and retreat to my stronghold, I played video games (old nes games on an emulator) until the urges went away. Simple. Same. Strategy. Everytime.

these moments are temporary and usually short lived.

Once the urge is gone, get back to responsibilities.

THREE-
    know that it gets easier and eventually you hardly ever think about it anymore.

I used these ideas to quit cigarette (21 years) and alcohol (7 years)

don’t let the simplicity fool you.

they are powerful and will work if used whole heartedly and consistently.

Good Luck!

You’ve got this!

3. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Congrats man, superb achievement and thank you for these tips - highly appreciated. I was only thinking about how great it is to be almost 3 months sober earlier, yet I found myself tonight scrolling through amazon prime films with a fishing mind - I even watched a trailer of a film I had no interest in but just the fishing mind wanted to find some triggers - thankfully there were none. So I stopped and I picked a film I did want to watch with no triggers and within 10 mins into the film the fishing urges from earlier had passed... You are so right when you say prioritise abstinence above all else when the urges hit, because when you let them linger they gather momentum, start opening the old deltafosB highways, which start the dopamine of anticipation flowing - and this dopamine always tastes of more and obscures the pre-frontal cortex. Nip it in the bud and stop fishing - that is going to be my motto for the next 2 weeks

4. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

@RiseToGreatness , hang in there, you got this! Congrats, too, on over 90 days!

5. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Checking in, Day 35

Kind of a mess right now, as I am very tired and disorganized. Some of this is beyond my control, as I am in a very busy season right now. But I also need to get back in touch with my regular schedule and routine. I know I can do it.

Wishing everyone a great day.

6. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

7. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 89

I feel like I did a lot today, but I didn't get everything I wanted to get done either. Certain unexpected things happened, and I was a bit slow to get going in the morning. Overall good day though, gonna get to bed now.

8. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 24
    I hate this feeling so much
    I just feel like I'm slipping slowly towards PMO again.
    I need to get my shit together and remember why I'm here.:(

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, Talz and 11 others like this.
  9. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

10. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

11. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Currently on a holiday. Ill try to checkin more often

Day 17 - The Shire, Hobbit

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, Talz and 14 others like this.
  12. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

14. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 240 no PMO. Good day yesterday. Spent the afternoon with my daughter. Last night instead of watching TV when the kids went to bed my wife and I read a chapter in a book together. It is a relationship “self help” type book called Attached. The idea is for us to better understand our relationship and make it better. It felt great to be proactively working on our relationship instead of just hoping it will get better. I always thought it would be weird to read a self help book with her but it was very enjoyable. Have a great day everyone.

@archie.hill BOOM! Great job!

@RiseToGreatness great run over 90 days. No chaser… get back on the plan. You got this!

15. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

473 days high king
    542 days no PMO, semen retention

16. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

17. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

Hey!
    I’m back checking in at this forum after a while. I’m at day 13.

18. But you make it one day after another. Isn't that great? And you don't need to go back to PMO. Swallow the bad feelings of withdrawals, quit the negative thinking and find something to do.

How was your job interview, by the way?

That's why it's time now that you care for yourself. Do something good for yourself, heal and prevent your stresslevel from going through the roof.

19. Awesome man!
    Such good advices! I'll take them to heart.

20. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Hi Guys, fishing badly today, I need to stop or I am finished. Please help -how to recover from the urges I have just fed by fishing????? This after really enjoying the almost 90 days freedom. I need to draw back from this now... and get back on track but my mind is locked in on only wanting to fish

[​IMG]