The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. logeyik

logeyik Fapstronaut

84 days ! One week to reach the 90 days !!!

2. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 0

I slipped up this afternoon. I'm not gonna let it get me down. Time to get back after it.

Basically, YouTube threw a recommendation at me I wasn't expecting and it triggered me. I resisted urges for about an hour or more, tried to refocus, but caved in. Thing is, I use YouTube to listen to classical music while working, not much else. The old devil site remembered me, though. Gotta get more tech savvy.

Anyway, on the one hand, I lost a good streak; on the other hand, I'm 73/76 during the last 76 days. Seems like something I can build on.

Today I'm going to pray, meditate, read. This evening I'm going to life weights and go to bed before 11, hopefully sooner.

3. Ishy901

Ishy901 Fapstronaut

4. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

5. Christoph108

Christoph108 Fapstronaut

31 days
    This time I'll make it to the 90

6. Day 1 complete!

I don't know how I managed to get so much done today, but it feels great. Actually, it may have been that I just had less to do, but I was done with all my responsibilities by 8:30. Since it'll be Halloween in a few days, I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. I saw it for the first time last Halloween, and I think I'd like to make a tradition out of watching it every year. After that I spent a little while going through some files of writing projects on my computer: reorganizing them, making some small edits here and there, re-reading a couple, and generally tidying up. I didn't quite finish all of that, but the rest can wait for another time. After this I'll go make an entry in my journal and hope to be in bed by midnight.

Pope St. Gregory the Great, pray for us!

7. Resilience 16

Resilience 16 Fapstronaut

8. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 2 - Orc

Some urges but managed to overcome them. Tired asf though

9. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

480 days high king
    549 days no PMO, semen retention

10. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

You are kicking my ass in the pull-up department. I'm at 100 push-ups now, but need to improve at pull-ups a lot still. I'll keep trying!

11. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 3

So I made it to 100 push-ups today as mentioned in my last post. I was doing two sets of 25 often as part of my routine, but I decided to up it considerably. I should have upped it awhile ago. I did four sets of 25 with a break of a few minutes in between. I would like to be able to do 100+ in a row again at some point. I feel a good pump though; looking entry level buff! I would like to get my squats and leg raises up to a similar level. Pull-ups will be a much longer term project I think. The goal I set there was not realistic and so I doubt I will reach it, but you never know!

Went for a walk with a friend earlier today which was nice. It was cold and windy, but glad I got out. Other than that I didn't do much. Watched some crypto videos, accidentally fell asleep for awhile... I've been tired for sure. Been having a lot of relapse nightmares where I wake up and think I've relapsed, but that didn't happen today which is nice.

Urges are there on some level, but I haven't been hit by any real big ones yet. Hopefully most of my progress from my last streak carried over.

12. logeyik

logeyik Fapstronaut

13. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Do not compare (bad for the brain and stuff), as this is not a competition and I've been already hitting the gym before this, I just did not focus on the pull up game. Let's see how far can we go!

14. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Let the journey begin

I’m restating my counter one last time, I hope. And getting this show on the road.

Day zero, but I’m already the happiest Nazgul in the nine.

Good luck everybody. Lets destroy this ring together.

15. Ready_to_Stop

Ready_to_Stop Fapstronaut

Day 247 no PMO. I’m stressed at work right now. Woke up at 4am worried about a few things at work this week. I don’t feel like a relapse is about to happen but I still need to get my stress under control. Gonna go get a workout now. Have a great day everyone.

16. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

17. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Ok let's do this little challenge, day 0
    [​IMG]

18. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

Day 7 - Orc

Yesterday was alright in terms of urges, although I was exposed to more potential triggers than normal, not through my own fault. One of my coworkers showed me a pic of some girl in tight pants. It was really random, he’s been fairly professional up to this point. I hadn’t expected that from him, nor had I indicated that I would want to see something like that. Then my roommates were watching a TV show in the evening where there was montage of sexually explicit stuff (I won’t go into details). Again, random that I happened to walk out during the only sexual part of that episode. I removed myself from those situations though, and I didn’t feel too strongly tempted afterwards.

The vibrating alarm watch has been fantastic, I’m so glad I don’t need my phone in my room at night anymore. If bedtime urges are a struggle for you, investing $20 in a watch like this might be worth it to get your phone out of the bedroom.

I watched a video about knowledge vs understanding by a psychiatrist dude. He basically said that for most of his addiction patients that manage to quit successfully, they have a moment of clarity where they understand that their addiction is actually bad for them. Up to that point, they have the knowledge or information that it is bad for them, but they don’t really believe or understand it fully. He said this understanding is usually brought upon by a moment of intense clarity or focus, like when holding your newborn child for the first time (like with Archie.hill). I’ve been thinking about whether I actually believe that PMO is bad for me. I know informationally that it is bad for XYZ reasons. But do I believe that in the moment of an urge? If I did, I think it would be easier to resist.

Enough talking from me. Hope everyone is well, God bless.

19. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Days 5 and 6 completed (apologies for missing a day)