Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.
Keep going bro!!! you´re doing great. It´s hard but it´s worth it. Just keep going!!!!
75 days my brothers
Check. Not sure checking in here every day is doing me any favours. I might start checking in weekly, or when I'm struggling, as opposed to every day.
Day 4 completed successfully
all the best brothers
Nothing much to say for today. I did not feel an urge, my thoughts were far away from p.
Haven't given in! 14 Days smashed!
Check in: Day 50
Day 23, keeping busy
Oh, by the way, I've realised one of the main reasons I keep relapsing is a lack of urgency. A year ago, when I had my >100 day streak, excessive PMO was absolutely ruining my life. As a direct result of my PMO usage I was a complete wreck mentally and physically. I had no friends, no self-worth, no grades and no physical capacity. I abstained because I absolutely had to. It wasn't a choice.
Now, though, I'm PMOing once or twice a fortnight and whilst it still has a massive adverse effect on my health it's no longer a life-or-death situation for me. In contrast to 2019, I have some friends, my grades are okay and I work out daily. Still not great, not my full potential, but not rock bottom. I'm neither on the "pink cloud" nor the dark abyss. So I need more reasons to quit PMO, because if I keep this up there's no reason I won't fall right back into that hole of daily porn use. Not to mention, just because I can now consider myself a "high-functioning" PMO addict doesn't mean I don't feel like complete shit right now after my relapse. I'm going to start reading around the awful things porn actresses (and actors) are subjected to, as well as remind myself of the effect porn has on the brain.
Day 5 completed successfully
be careful and surf over the urges like surfing on a wave and don’t cave in
be strong be bold and work towards your dreams
for the contrary. a daily check in is an assurance that you stay commited with the reboot. the reboot is not just staying busy with other things, is also to dedicate a piece of your time to the reboot (daily accountability, reading on the subject of porn addiction, etc etc).
the more you stay away from accountability, the more likely the addiction can caught you in a vulnerable moment.
very good bro, nice and steady. no promises, no stress, just this day = no pmo.
nice work bro. You arrived at Moria. You´re a Dwarf now . Congratulations!! keep going mighty dwarf
take this test bro. it might help put things in perspective:
“The following 11 criteria are inspired by the APA's (American Psychiatric Association) substance addiction diagnostic tool and with some adaptation each criterion applies equally as well to porn use (…). Make a tally mark for every statement that applies to you.
- You use more extreme pornographic material than you planned, use porn more frequently than you planned, or have used porn over a greater time span than you planned.
- You have several times expressed that you would like to quit or reduce use and/or have unsuccessfully tried to reduce or stop use.
- You spend an inordinate or inconvenient amount of time acquiring, using, and/or recovering from the effects of porn.
- You experience strong cravings for porn.
- You have compromised major obligations at home, at work, or at school due to porn use.
- You continue using porn despite knowing that it is consistently causing or worsening social or interpersonal problems.
- You have skipped or given up significant social or occupational activities in order to use porn.
- You use porn in ways or locations that are physically hazardous.
- You continue using porn despite knowing that it is consistently causing or worsening physical or psychological problems.
- You have acquired a tolerance and need more lengthy, varied, or extreme porn to feel the same or similar pleasure as when you first started using.
- You experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms when you abstain and may use porn to alleviate these symptoms.
According to the APA, "As a general estimate of severity, a mild substance use disorder is suggested by the presence of two to three symptoms, moderate by four to five symptoms, and severe by six or more symptoms."
love the messages bro. thanks!!!
checking in 76/77 days my brothers.
Yeah, I have a major problem. I took that test before and scored 10/11 (everything besides physically hazardous use). There's no denying I've pulled myself up a lot in the past year and a half, but I have a long way to go.
One day at a time