1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Try do write a diary to notice the links between your workouts, sex life, nutrition and the bursts of anger, so that you may play with those variables in order to get desired increase in tolerance and patience.

2. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Day 8 done! Now an Uruk-Hai! We are in this together!!

3. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

I lift heavy weights mostly, long sets of good amounts of weight, and i run short distances too. I enjoy defying gravity and feel good about building my muscles as well.

Yeah i did not felt good either after my rage.

I enjoy them a lot, it has become part of my lifestyle, it is who i'm. I can't picture myself going more than 2-3 days without lifting

Do diaries really work? I've done some journaling in the past but got nowhere... that kinda made me not pursue anymore writing my feelings on a notebook, i'd rather put here where i can get some valuable inputs from guys older and wiser than me.

4. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

5. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 329 no PMO. Snow day yesterday and did some playing in the snow with my family. Great day.

Chi405, MS PBH, til_im_free and 7 others like this.
  6. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

That's one reason definitively causing aggression and impatience. I am 100% sure of this.
    I invite you to check the truth of my statement by switching your workouts more towards endurance(12-15 reps per set with shorter breaks between sets) and running longer distances(from 2 miles and up )in a jogging tempo, for a few weeks or even a month...to feel the difference in your make up and emotions.

7. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. Starting day one again.

Nothing special to say really. I just hope that I will rise up to the challenge today.

I want to dispel the feeling and believe I have that PMO is the greatest pleasure in the world and for that I want to ask you guys, what is your favorite feeling? After you got 90 days or something like that and you felt kind of free what was the thing that gave you the most pleasure?

8. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

One of the bast advice I’ve heard in this area is that diaries help you get in the habit of “thinking about thinking”. It allows you to spot changes in the way you think and catch the way you’ve felt in the past around certain topics. And from there you are much more likely to be able to change yourself.

I have a personal diary that I’ve been writing stuff in every week / month / whenever I want for over 12 years now. And for me I think there is two huge stuff that I get from it. The first is when I write stuff and need to understand my own feelings enough to put them in writing and that help dealing with the emotions in the present. And the other one is re reading everything I wrote in the past and suddenly realize how much I’ve changed and how much better I feel now compere to the past + where do I want to go from here.

9. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

So much of what you’ve wrote resonate with me.

I also feel like more than half of the reason for my PMO relapses are because of the need to run away. I feel like we need to see in advance what could help us when we are triggered.

And about the overwhelming part of the todo’s we all have. My suggestion for you is to do a “Brain Dump” (google it) it’s basically just sitting down and writing down EVERYTHING in your head and just clearing your mind a little bit (it’s feels great to get everything of your mind). And then you have a huge page of stuff and you can start with literally picking one thing you can do right in that second and do it (just so you can mark it off the list and feel that small feeling of a win).

You can do it brother!

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

They really do work if you honestly and consistently work them.;)
    If you have a perfect memory and can remember everything to make links and understand what influences what , well that's just brilliant keep it up !;)Meanwhile without discipline to journal what's going on it takes so much longer tto become aware whats going on and without awareness you can't change a thing , because you are not even aware of it's existence and influences.
    ...It might be a good idea if you become persistent in it , but it's harder to find the right stuff when you need it, as well, as I see it, it's easier to jot it down in the notebook using an old-fashioned pen

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Same here bro :):emoji_punch:the only things that stops me from workouts are bad cold, flu, sprain,strains and broken bones!;)
    ...and to be honest I have had my fair share of them and didn't completely stopped in any case just modified workouts to stay generally fit.;)

12. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

After pass many days at the mountains, i return to end this...as an Uruk-hai for the moment:oops::D
    [​IMG]

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hey I know the staff and was doing it for quite a while! Although I didn't know it's called 'Brain dump'. I learned it ,I think, from Brian Tracy's book 'Eat that frog'.

14. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Congratulations! You feeling like this, uncomfortable with your current situation, I think it's your spirit asking for a better life. You know deep that you were made to be a true son of God, to be in his Glory is your destiny. We are not slaves!

Be joyful my brother, with eyes open. Because God will manifest his will to you.

15. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Hahaha I’ve never heard about that book, but I’ve added it to my reading wish list. I found out about “brain dump” one day by simply googling something like “what to do if brain is overwhelmed”

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Chi405, Ready to Stop, MS PBH and 8 others like this.
  17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

18. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 164 & 165

Feeling great! :emoji_muscle:

Chi405, Ready to Stop, MS PBH and 6 others like this.
  19. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Welcome back brother!! :)

20. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, very busy day, full work mode.

On the next few weeks i´m running a new project for the company which requires a lot of time and effort, so i won´t have much time to be here. but i will do the best possible to check in daily, though.

i´m feeling a bit agitated with all the project around me, but i´m hanging in. specially i´m being aware of stress when it builds up, and do brief meditations to vent it out. i´m also keeping up the good habits, no negligence ;)

Have a great day Fellowship!!! :) Checking out.