1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Today marks the 30th day. I've become officially... an elf.
    Couldn't be more proud of myself - plus did a lot today! This week I'm doing the night shift which is usually the easiest time to relapse so it'll be a challenge. A welcome one though, it's all about perishing in the hardest moments.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

2. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Welcome, elf brother! The vales of Rivendell and woods of Lothlorien resound with the rejoicing of your new kin. Quest on!

@RiseToGreatness I love the new quest items--check out the LOTR Quest Inventory I added to my signature. I created it as a "spoiler" so I can keep adding to it without my signature growing too large. Sort of a Signature Bag of Holding or Spatial Ring, if you will. Keep those items, magic, and aid coming! We need all the help we can get, even if it is just some imaginitive encouragement.

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

4. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 34

A good weekend with family. Still, execute auto-control when I am in the shower (looks like this trigger is deep inside my mind), and in general when I go to the bathroom. Yesterday I watched the last movie of the Lord of the Rings. Hoping everyone has had a good rest this weekend.

And the journey continues...

5. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 51

There are days when NoFap is the easiest thing I’ve ever done, and there are days when it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but now these feelings are blending together and it’s so confusing. I switch from knowing wholeheartedly that I’m not a PMO-user anymore, to then really fighting the urge to relapse.

I’m curious brothers and sisters, if you’ve manage it before, in your opinion how many days did it take you to completely reboot?

6. Pathfinder Lazarus

Pathfinder Lazarus Fapstronaut

Slow and steady for day 1, nothing to report! Onto day 2

7. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

After a couple weeks off, I'm back.
    I dived into a slump after the last exams. They were tough as hell. After them I started my well deserved vacation period after studying like a freacking pig for one and a half year without stopping. I guess I underestimated the effects of this resting period on me and relapsed a few days ago. I totally mistook it for a discipline less time that I deserved. Anyways, I'm back. Gotta get this shit over before it destroys my life.

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. Day 2 complete! I need to change my signature to reflect that. @RiseToGreatness The quest items look great! Thanks so much for continuing to run this challenge with lots of love and devotion.

If you don't mind, why are you here? I admire you for continuing to fight without bingeing or losing heart, but I think it's important to take every relapse seriously. Make sure it doesn't happen again!

St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us!

10. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

11. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 69 complete.

Doing good. Too often I get a soar throat. I take cold showers I work out and my imunity is still low.

12. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

13. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

14. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 10 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

15. 18 Days.
    Starting to feel cocky. Need to calm down. I'm diving deeper and deeper into stock world.

16. Day 18....today i felt my mind was trying to make me fantasize about my past experience...but i know i am standing strong this time, and i will always..

17. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

That’s a good point. It does seem that in my case the shame and guilt created the “rock bottom” that I needed to start me down this path. I’ll have to think about this one.

18. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 364 no PMO. Tomorrow will be 1 year. Feeling good about my efforts.

Yesterday I was suggested by YouTube a video that was an interview with a male P actor. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be him saying how bad the P industry was for him or perhaps how much he liked it. Anyway… to be safe I let it play in the preview mode (no sound only subtitles) until I got the feeling it was going to be about glorifying the P industry and so I clicked the button for “not interested” and the video went away. Hoping that long run I can use this technique to keep my YouTube feed clean of filth.

19. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Day 4!

I’m out of the hell that is the first 72 hours.

Still going strong.

20. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

@breaking-myths

I am so sorry man, the first 72 hours are just a nightmare.
    You have to map your life and understand where do you fall and avoid it at all cost for at least the first three days.

The most general thing is DON’T STAY ALONE AT HOME!
    Go sit in a coffee place / park / bus stop. Just don’t be alone at home. When I had big exams I would get to the library the moment it was open and not leave until they kicked me out at night. Make sandwiches, have a thermos with coffee and just stay there at all cost, even if you don’t feel like studying any more, stay there and watch youtube until you can study some more.

For me as a mobile phone PMO person, turning my phone black and white really helped me feel like I’m making a real commitment. You can do it on any phone and it really helps.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how...j0i10i22i30.5451j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8