The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 1!
    An orc again, keep strong my brothers!

2. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Hello @ListenPaul, in a couple of days you'll feel better. If you don't binge you'll notice that you have grown a lot and the next one will be better. We are in this together.

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

4. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Insights like this are powerful. Investigate that concept fully—you CAN find (create, receive, perceive, pursue) healthier ways to deal with stress. There are many, many great ideas in this forum and other resources. Keep fighting on!

5. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

As there isn’t a “triple maximum love” button on here, only a “like” option, I just wanted to triple maximum love your post. That’s what it is all about brother!

6. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 64

I sailed along the river Anduin without realising it! I feel as if I’m becoming somewhat complacent on this journey, forgetting that I’m on my longest streak in 11 years - perhaps this is the enemy’s way of attempting to make me stumble.

It’s becoming harder to remember why I’m doing this, more and more I feel the urge to relapse, talk to girls on dating apps etc, all as a means to find catharsis in something physical because that’s the standard the world can sometimes project on to men.

I have to remind myself that I don’t want to relapse to PMO, I don’t want meaningless conversation and sex, what I want and what I truly need is something meaningful, honest, and real - which I can only find by persisting in this journey.

This has been a huge inspiration to me, I would rather know what it feels like to spend quality time with my future children than know another relapse. I’m very happy for you brother!

7. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Congratulations!! it makes me very happy

8. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

9. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

10. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

The enemy has ALWAYS used apathy, complacency, and numbness against us. Those are some of the most potent weapons wielded by the forces arrayed against us. REMEMBERING is your best defense--remembering to care deeply about others even when the world says you should just take care of yourself; remembering to feel deeply even when it takes courage to admit your fears and hopes and hurts; remembering that you are much more than the lonely lad lusting after objectified images and adulturated experiences that this world makes men out to be. I am right behind you--keep blazing the way ahead for me.

“We care lest our own lives be empty.” --Drizzt Do'Urden, The Crystal Shard (By R.A. Salvatore)

11. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

I seeing you from last year you are a brave man, you never gave up brother, don't feel bad for yourself. i advised you to make +1 days after every new streaks please. For example if you relapsed this time on day 5 you will be on next day 6 if required. Don't lose hope brother read some books busy yourself in some activity.

12. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

13. Day 2 complete!

Felt some loneliness tonight after getting back to the seminary before most other guys are back. I distinctively noticed my brain pushing me towards PMO and I emphatically, deliberately rejected that. My head was clear enough to realize that what I truly sought and needed in that moment was not something PMO could ever bring me--it would only do the opposite and make things worse. Now I just have to hold on to this mentality beyond the post-reset refractory period.
    @Say_Goodbye Something like this right here might help. How much time do you spend outside? Are you able to spend a little more time outside? I don't know if these stressful situations are something internal that you can take a break from or whether they're external and you need to find on-the-spot ways of dealing with stress.

@Niklaus The lord of Owls I think perhaps you could be slightly more extreme--if you'll still be playing some video games on the weekdays, but with limits, what about continuing those limits through the weekends as well, so they apply on every day? Consistency and habit-forming are two good things to practice for this fight.

@Ready to Stop That's the kind of thing that we need to see in our fathers and men. You won parenthood that night.

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, pray for us!

14. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

16. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

17. Thanks man

18. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 1
    I feel terrible about this relapse because this time I gave up so easily. I've to get it together because this situation might get out of hand.