Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.
Day 16 as an Hobbit, complete!
Yesterday, I thrice fought the urge/temptation to look at a couple of compromising website.
At one point I even entered the address, but quickly closed it, got up and walked away. Well I closed it of my own volition, but was immediately interrupted by something that needed me to leave my desk. A "saved by the bell" sort of situation really.
It's a bit ridiculous how easy it is to slip and fall the exact same way, so many times.
Day 12 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr
Heavy urge last night but did not give in. Have a good weekend everyone
Good morning, following brothers!
Temptation has been hitting me hard lately, but I'm giving my best in not letting myself give in. I've been waking up early, and I really want to make a habit out of this, cuz it's great to see the day rise. It remembers me of a Bible proverb:
"But the path of the just is as the shining light, That shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Proverbs 4:18
May our lives keep getting brighter as we abandon sinful practices.
Day 474 no PMO. Today is the last day of our vacation. Fly home tomorrow. Not looking forward to reality but I’ll just put one foot in front of the other.
To wake up early you've got to go to bed early otherwise it makes no sense -to go to bed late wake up early and be sleepy through all the day.
So, the reality you're coming back to is not the one of your dreams? What can you do to make it the one you really desire?
I think that workouts should be just sufficient to keep the body in good form for performance of necessary daily activities and hobbies whilst all the chase of unnecessary strength is a vanity and vaste of food ,overeating and much increased chances to relapse to pmo. And it is not the r green with his ways of the world that is really beneficial on your path but the books that speak about moral correctness,about managing emotional states - they can be of biggest help and make a real difference in success and failure.
Today is a calm and quit day
Hey ! bro I think I haven't a big streak but i think following details are helpful to you. These are things what I use to fight with bad thoughts
1) Start home workouts or Going to gym is very helpful to clear bad thoughts in mind.
2) Get cold showers after workout.
* This will help to reduce the muscle pain after workout.
3) Eat healthy foods.
4) Tracking your muscle gain.***** If you are doing masturbating you can't see muscle gain and you can't do exercises*****
5)If your mind tells to watch porn this time you must watch lot of workout and body building videos on YouTube .
* you can watch Larry wheels videos.()
6) Don't waste time by watching girls in Tiktok and other social media platforms.
7) Don't be alone. engage your time with friends or your family members.
These are the steps that i follow to overcome the addiction. You can use it bro.
Day 1 / 1000. Battles won against pmo: 56.
I reset yesterday again - due to watching. Today I am tempted again. It's only day one. So, who cares?
Well, I care. If I said that I am the person who doesn't do that nonsense anymore, why would I do it?
I feel very compulsive. My whole emotional state is like I am denying myself something very important. I can't blame my body. Maybe it doesn't realise that it's just pictures and procreation isn't happening.
This whole thing is still very weird to me. I don't understand anything. Same mind striving to become free from pmo and same mind doing everything to get one more dose.
Eh... What can you do. I am not the one to give up, even though this tug of war could last years.
and 0 days
Check in day 257
Quietly celebrating to myself, unbeknownst to the people around me. Its been years since I made it to 3 weeks but here I am currently on day 22.
Day 6. Some urges and temptations, the nofap panic button it's helping me a lot, yesterday I did legs workout with great energy because of my nofap journey, a life free from PMO it's a real life , that ring must be cast into the fire.
Everytime I want to fall on relapse , I start imagine that escene with lord Elrond saying to Isildur " Cast it into the fire" and reminds me that I'm able to put that face of evilness of a person that has been taken by the power of the ring like Isildur while hi walks away. that escene its like my soul screaming deep inside of me saying : " don't be Isildur , do it better , cast it into the fire !!! .
Day 0 Nazgul
Failing again. Watched P and edged this morning.
Checking in day 210.
Maybe my terminology is wrong and I don't know what edging means, or maybe you misunderstood when I said that I started, but I did not go through with anything. I did not masturbate or self stimulate. I had a very strong urge and began to rationalize how easy it would be to give in, and I was right at the edge of falling to the temptation before I mentally shouted "No!" and changed locations and went into evasive manuevers (deep breathing, cold shower, and filling up my schedule until the urges passed). Sorry if I confused anyone. Maybe you can tell me what edging means that would be a streak-breaking behavior. I'm 44 and my use of sexual lingo is not always up to date!
I hope you get some good feedback from the big streakers too, because we all benefit from their wisdom. I may not be in the elite ranks yet, but as far as porn goes I don't feel bound by that anymore and will offer just two key suggestions:
1. It sounds like you are dealing with a lack of meaning in your life. If you want to stop watching porn compulsively, you need to find purpose and pursue it. Find 2-3 things in your world that you can find satisfaction in improving, and make it your driving purpose to improve those things in a meaningful way every single day. Start with improving your physical health; you could focus on gaining energy through a routine of exercise, meditation, and healthy eating, and find purpose in how you prepare your meals, what milestone you hit for fitness, or how much quality sleep you get each night. Then improve a relationship or two; come up with meaningful daily rituals for strengthening these relationships by doing thoughtful acts of kindness, learning how to listen better, or scheduling quality time with the people you care about (or want to care more about). Finally, find a cause or project or hobby you really enjoy or care about, and spend significant time every day on it; perhaps learning a musical instrument, or nature walks, or trail running, or writing, or volunteer work, or whatever motivates and energizes you when you are doing it. None of these purpose-driven activities need to cost money.
2. If you have meaning and purpose in your life and positive activities filling most of the time when you aren't sleeping or working, then the challenge of defeating porn becomes much, much easier to work on. If you can substitute healthier online activities whenever the urge for porn pops up, that's a great place to start. Committing yourself by making porn frustratingly hard to access (using filters, blockers, or accountability software) may be helpful or even necessary as well. And then just be gentle with yourself about it. If you mess up, don't turn ten minutes of porn surfing into hours of compulsive binging--break the addictive cycle, and demote your porn use to the level of an occasional bad-habit slip up rather than destructive complusion.
You can do this--one step at a time.
That's my check in for today.
Sitting pretty on 43 days with no PMO to haunt me