1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

2. Thanks. Glad to be here!

3. Im there with you brother. Zero motivation but pushing on forward. No desire to pmo today.

4. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

5. Some one just asked me about how to deal with urges

But the bottom line is, when those urges come, what will we do? How will we react

The urge is just like any other feeling, just like any other thought it means nothing by itself. One has to realice the emptiness of feelings good or bad and simply do not dwell on them, they will pass.

I think understanding what emotions, thoughts and feelings are is essential to overcome an urge.

Using reason to dissect our own emotions so we understand them and meditation helps quite a bit.

6. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete - one day at a time. :)

7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 56
    4 days left for Day 60
    Good luck for all!

MS PBH, SSS Vision, Slider8 and 11 others like this.
  9. Day 1 complete. Feeling very peaceful. All my weaknesses and shortcomings are laid out before me, but they do not define me, and they will not break me. @Tilopa is correct that pride is the path to a reset. I must walk as though an urge is right around every corner, because it very well may be, and do whatever I can to prepare myself, knowing that I will have to struggle mightily. I've learned a lot here on NoFap. The next trick is applying it to my life.

St. Thomas More, pray for us!

MS PBH, Baki Hanma, Slider8 and 10 others like this.
  10. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

11. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 6

Got a flower to put on the deck. I'll pot it and do some weeding tomorrow. Urges are definitely present.

MS PBH, Baki Hanma, Kairose and 9 others like this.
  12. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 9 as an Orc complete!
    Roller-coaster of emotions, "heavy" dreams, exhaustion right after waking up. That's me right now.
    But I'm finally back on a regular exercise routine and slowly making my way to a highly productive day.

"Your words have the ability to shape your world... change your words, change your life!"

MS PBH, Talz, Baki Hanma and 9 others like this.
  13. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 14 complete

my wife is still sad that I didn’t communicate well with her while I was away last weekend. I have to spend some more time with her alone to talk it out. I have some urges lately, most of them are to look at women.

MS PBH, a_unique_user, Talz and 9 others like this.
  14. Neu

Neu Fapstronaut

Day 51. I'm a dwarf.

Been too busy to be active here, and it's unlikely I'll be - a lot of festivals ahead, looking forward for that.
    Things haven't been going that well personally, there's this certain situation on my mind I wished it could be sorted out, hurts.

But I'm doing great. Stay strong fellas!

15. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 486 no PMO. I didn’t sleep well last night. Not sure why. I feel like I had a good day but for some reason I feel stressed. I tried to meditate and get back to sleep but so far I’m still awake.

16. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

17. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Developing an AM Routine, consisting of: 1. Waking Routine, 2. AM Practice (qi gong and meditation), 3. Quiet Time (Habitica, NoFap, reading). I wrote each of the three out, one sheet of paper each, yesterday. Today I am developing them, as I say, and working them. I finished 1 and 2. Now I am on 3.

Good luck to all, and may you not need luck!