1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

2. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

3. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

4. RealKnight29

RealKnight29 Fapstronaut

Day 1. I'm feeling better than yesterday, but I know there is a long way to go on this process.

5. Day 4 complete!

Staying away from urges today was pretty simple, thanks be to God. I spent three and a half hours out on the trails, some of the time running, some of it walking. Sixteen miles! And after dinner I watched the movie A Man For All Seasons about the martyrdom of St. Thomas More. There was a man so dedicated to his conscience and holding fast to what was right that he was willing to die for it. PMO is a killer metaphorically, so we need some of that dedication ourselves.

You're like that flower, bro. Just keep coming back.

St. Thomas More, pray for us!

6. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 59 . only 1 day left for day 60.
    I decided to stop going and paying to gym. yesterday I found a video about making home gym using natural things .
    Today , I am going to make my home gym using bamboo trees , cement ,old tyres with my friends safely.
    Have a nice day!

7. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 17 complete

we are friends with my wife again. I see a lot of improvement getting back to her this time, I wasn’t blaming her for having silly emotions this time. We came back home from our relatives vilage place late. I slept for 7.5h not on the regular sleeping time, but slept like I was in a comma. Now I feel that my body is a bit tired and relax and I feel rested overal. There should be no danger of pmo today.

8. 18 days – PMO forces have spotted you!! With haste you use the Bucklebury Ferry to cross the Brandywine river.

Overall a great day today, I've spent a few hours learning stuff and also went for a walk to the beach with my wife.

Also I've attended an NoFAP accountability meeting, it was great, I've got to know a lot of kind people today.
    It also gives me a motivation not to fail, so I won't need to tell that I've relapsed during the meeting discussion
    and I won't feel any shame about it. I know I'm doing this for myself not for anyone else, but still it's an additional motivation to keep going.

I the morning I had a good sex with my wife, which we didn't have for a long time.

[​IMG]

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I noticed some kind of cheap showing off flying from you. Apparently you don't have any problems with pmo and bragging on having 1000+ free from pm and 7 months from o, so what is your purpose of being here?

a_unique_user likes this.
  10. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 12 as an Orc complete!
    Feels like I'm fighting urges every minute now :D

"My crown is waiting as soon as I get the courage to wear it."

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  11. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!

It is with a heavy heart that i communicate that i have relapsed last night. Had sex with the wife in the morning, and totally forgot about the chaser effect. i was very horny all day, then stayed home in the afternoon, felt some hesitation but didn´t cave in. at night my family had to leave to an event, and i was home alone again, started fishing. refrain myself. but then, some hours later, i couldn´t sleep and at dawn i relapse :(

amateur mistake, for not paying importance (or even reminding myself) about the chaser effect.

anyways, it was good to relapse (in a way) because i was sliding so much on the past weeks, that it almost didn´t feel good to carry on. this way i can start fresh.

141 days, this was my second longest streak, but it was no doubt the cleanest streak i have ever had :). i have develop a lot on the past year, not only on my rebooting skills but also in manhood and maturity, which is essencial to break free from this terrible addiction.

my brothers, i´m gonna change some things on the lord of the rings journey, things that have crossed my mind a few times, to adjust the LOTR challenge to the best reboot process possible.

first of all the challenge is too long. my original idea was to keep brothers in the journey for the entire brain rewiring process (hopefully happening within 500 days). But from my deep studying on the last year, around 120/150 days that´s when the rebooting skills are strongly develop, and then we should carry on with our lifes and move on to another goal. the brain is still rewiring sure, but we should move on and not get stuck in a loop (shadow career).

notice that moving on and following goals is absolutely mandatory to keep sobriety running, because it keeps our life´s inspired and serves as a vessel to transmute sexual energy.

second, self-love and self-friendship is essential to overcome an addiction. calling people "orc´s" and "uruk-hais" doesn´t really ressenble to someone who has love and friendship for himself. my idea was to create a negative reinforcement to avoid relapse temptations, but it was made in the wrong way.

third, there will be a mandatory hardmode period for a part of the journey (if not all). this is important to deepen the brain rewiring, recover the body, and develop sexual self-mastery.

these are just ideas on my mind, i´m still gonna develop this better, but expect changes to happen. But the challenge will be as appealing as before, rest assure :). The changes will take place after @Ready to Stop and @MS PBH become White Wizards. They will be our last original White Wizards :)

I hope you guys understand and trust this for the better.

Big hug

12. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

Hey I would like to have a personal AP from the Lord of the Rings Challenge. Is there anyone who would like to be my AP during this challenge? Probably someone at hobbit, elf or dwarf level, so I can also relate better to their level, but I dont mind higher levels either, since I can learn from the experience of higher levels. Im aiming for at least 90 days and probably higher. Ive previously done above 100 days on this challenge not long ago. I would be grateful if someone could help:emoji_pray:. I really feel like having an AP from here could boost my performance on this challenge.

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Thanks brother for encouraging us from the beginning to final destination.

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 489 no PMO. @RiseToGreatness so sorry to hear about your fall but Just learn from it and start again. When I was reading your post I was thinking “he is going to change it right before we get there???” And then I saw at the end where you said you would wait until we got across the finish line. That would have been devastating to have come this far and not finish. Obviously this is your challenge so do as you wish but given the huge success and popularity of this challenge I would personally encourage you to not make such a drastic change. Just my opinion obviously and I will respect whatever you do. This challenge has helped me tremendously and I just hope that it continues to help others. Stay strong everyone! We can beat this addiction!

16. Totally agree,
    I have this also on my mind.

Some time ago I had a great streak, about 120 days on no PMO(without peeking), but then I've relapsed... and after I relapsed a few more times.

So, 150 days is 1000% is not enough to destroy PMO ring

17. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

18. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 28!

@RiseToGreatness really sorry to hear about your reset. Keep going strong man, you truly are an inspiration for all of us. This challenge (and your moderation of it) is a big reason why i feel motivated to still keep coming back to nofap.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022