1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. theonlyway

theonlyway Fapstronaut

Day 25!

Also, nice job remaking the challenge! Although i would rather have the lenght to be 500 days, it is still a very nice challenge.

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!!

1 day done, feeling a bit broken and tired from the binging, but i did all my planned stuff today and spend very good family time. Proud of myself :)

So, are you ready? ;)

Let´s do this!

1 - i decree the end of all negative categories (nazgul, orc, uruk-hai). Every rebooter, every human being has intrinsic value and worth! This is a crucial inception that all rebooter (and human being in fact) must engrain to break free from this terrible addiction. So from now on, everybody starts at hobbit level, and starts the journey accordantly. From the Shire till Mount Doom.

2 - The challenge has the duration of 180 days. 6 months are given as a sign to rebooters move on to another goal. The basics of rebooting are done. From there on, the brain just rewires itself with time.

3 - For the rebooters that feel they still need to be accountable or like to stick around, i add 2 extra challenges - 1 year, and 2 years :).
    3.1 - 1 Year - you receive the rank of "Valar" which are the supernatural forces of Middle Earth, like Angels or Saints. These beings are superior to the Maiar, like Gandalf the White.
    3.2 - 2 Years - you receive the rank of "Eru" which is the supreme entity of the Tolkien universe. "The One", "The Creator", beyond time and space. In our case reaching two years clean implies a deep process of manhood. More than breaking free from PMO, it points to a deep change in maturity and growth. A Total Man, in which we are proud of.

4 - One of the basic coping skills that every rebooter needs to develop is sexual self-mastery (to prevent using sex as a way to escape pain or disconfort). Every man must develop this. So the first half of the challenge (90 days) requires complete abstinence from all sexual stimulation.
    Married people, however, live in different circunstances and face different issues, so for them a minimum of 30 days is required. Although i still strongly suggest a period of 90 days for everybody.

5 - To prevent any egoic sense of achievement, which can create a false sense of security, there will be no ranking board. Everybody is on his own stage of rebooting and we respect that. Support is given unconditionally as we are a Fellowship. You can however use your rank on the signature for motivation.

And that´s it. I hope you like it :). Brothers, please adapt your current streak to the journey accordantly, since all ranks and landmarks are now different.

Those who have passed the 180 days mark, if you did the required hardmode period, consider yourselfs White Wizards :). Congratulations!

I think the challenge is much better now, more real and motivating. I hope you like it :) Any questions ask away.

Have a great day brothers. Love you all :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  3. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 9

Today was a pretty good day. Helped out at a church event today. It was good to hang out with other people doing some gardening and contributing to the local community.

When I came out of the event, for the first time in a long time I wasn’t looking at people like I need something from them. I just felt happy in myself. It was quite liberating. The thought of PMO didn’t have any pull over me because it felt so good to just want to give to other people and learn from them and treat them as human beings. Think that’s what the gardening event did for me, it was good to work with Muslims and Christians and young and old people and just feel happy to be together, eating lunch and working together.

I want to do more things that make me feel this way. I’m looking forward to becoming a teacher, as that will be a very rewarding job.

4. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 190

Went to another wedding today, lovely catching up with family and the food was absolutely spectacular. On the other hand I ended up quite emotional on the drive home; I was overwhelmed with sadness and feelings of being alone, I have great friends and family but still can’t shake the feeling.

5. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

6. 30 days – Your loved ones send you a gift as a token of their love. Radagast, the Brown, in his rabbit sleigh delivers you Evenstar – a silver necklace with a white stone. "When the memory of the fear and the darkness troubles you...this will bring you aid".
    Quest Item – Evenstar :emoji_sparkling_heart:

One month free!!!

Spent most of the day resting, went to visit another city.

7. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

2 days

Thank you @RiseToGreatness for these changes! I think you greatly improved this challenge. It's now much more down to earth and much more beginner friendly.

I must say however that I think this 90-day-hardmode is a bit too much for me. Even 30 days would be too much for me. But I would have to go for 90 since I'm not married to my girlfriend yet.

I don't consider sex before marriage problematic in any way. I'm not Christian and I hope this is not a Christian challenge now?

I'm trying to deepen the relationship with my girlfriend (which I will propose to this year) and one way to do this is by having sex. Our sex life is very bad due to my years of P addiction. I know that some of you might say that the best thing I could do to improve it would be 90 days abstinence, but this is not the only way.

I haven't told my girlfriend about my addiction so she may wonder why I won't sleep with her for three months.

I'm part of the fellowship for many years now with lot's of breaks. I can't just leave now...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  8. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Thank you @RiseToGreatness

This is kind of a bittersweet moment for me. I’ve been a part of this challenge for over a year and a half now. During that time, I’ve reached hobbit status 4 times and once I was even a day or two away from being an elf.

Right now, I’m on day one, doing the right things and improving myself, but somehow I just don’t feel worthy of being a hobbit. It’s funny, I know it’s a “fake title” but for so long my goal was to become a hobbit that I feel like I’m cheating myself by leveling up now.
    the change to the challenge looks great, and I’ll talk to my wife about doing a 30-day hard mood, but I wish to remain the last orc in the world, just this once, I want to earn the level that I’ve dreamed on for so long. I’m totally fine skipping from hobbit to dwarf (I was always on their side in the elves-dwarves fight).

So far today I’ve done some meditation and went to study at a coffee shop so I wouldn’t be tempted while being alone at home. so I'm happy

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Cheer up and think about the successes of your life,your goals and your hopes. This will surely help you to get out of feeling sad and lonely.

10. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 113th day.

Thank you sir! I'm thinking a big part of growth for me is to bring thoughts like that to the fellowship instead of keeping them bottled inside. Overcoming isolation. Lessening the distance I put between myself and others.

@RiseToGreatness

Those bonus goals after the main challenge are a great touch.

Do you have a copy of of the old challenge? I'd like to carry on with the legacy path (and label it as such). If I do happen to fall I'll start fresh with the new challenge.

11. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Day 74.

NO ONE SAID IT’D BE EASY
    “Good people will do what they find honorable to do, even if it requires hard work; they’ll do it
    even if it causes them injury; they’ll do it even if it will bring danger. Again, they won’t do what
    they find base, even if it brings wealth, pleasure, or power. Nothing will deter them from what
    is honorable, and nothing will lure them into what is base.”
    —SENECA, MORAL LETTERS, 76.18
    f doing good was easy, everyone would do it. (And if doing bad wasn’t tempting or attractive, nobody
    would do it.) The same goes for your duty. If anyone could do it, it would have been assigned to
    someone else. But instead it was assigned to you.
    Thankfully, you’re not like everyone. You’re not afraid of doing what is hard. You can resist
    superficially attractive rewards. Can’t you?

12. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Thank you rise for the changes, I think it looks more "accomplishable" for most of the brothers that join us. And that might be a good help for them.

But personally I want to keep going on with the old challenge if you don't mind. I don't feel that I destroyed the ring at all... And probably all the brothers with 180+ days feel the same. My mind is already set to destroy it at 500

Also I want to give you my opinion, I don't think it's really Christian to make "Eru" the final goal. I would make the valar the final one, we are not God, we are below him, always. Even if we are Saints (and we'd know this even more if we really were Saints).
    Making Eru the final goal makes me feel this challenge more like the dragon ball challenge or something like that. Tolkien's universe goes hand in hand with reality and being Eru would be too unreal for me lol.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  13. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

14. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

15. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

day 2

I was not able to check in last night as by the time I got back home, the internet connection on my computer has been shut off by my router, a designed behavior.

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Having a great weekend, just relaxing. Beautiful weather, think I will go for a walk. "the road goes ever on and on..."

17. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

That's a good idea bro.
    Day 73 . Good luck all!