1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

had almost 8 days then I relapsed last night...for a real dumb reason
    I hade very strong stomachache wasnt able to sleep ...tried to distract myself from pain... made it worse.
    It feels like Im sry to myself now. I shouldnt have done this. Had only 1 hour of sleep. pain didnt let me come to relax. Tomorrow will be better Im feeling better now. I dont wanna be ill anymore. It feels shit when I cant do anything... I plan a new streak. 7 days is good but I can do way better. i know that!
    Greets

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

3. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

I have reached Rivendell. And Elf i am!! :)
    rivendell.gif
    elf.jpg

Great day today, mostly spent outside with the family. Some urges but manageable ;)

Off to sleep now. Checking out ;)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 204

Made a lot more progress writing the sermon for my friend’s wedding, feeling a lot more confident about it. I’ve also been packing for a week at college and then a few days camping so there’s been a lot to organise!

Feeling good about my recovery; no urges today, although I get intrusive thoughts from old memories.

5. Day 11

Sometimes I get an urge to vent out facts which would rub all of you here, off. I'm going to stay silent for now.

Pressure is building.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2022
  6. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 87
    Only 3 days left for 90 day:)

7. Day 7 complete!

I feel much more tired than I would expect given that I woke up 40 minutes later than normal plus took an afternoon nap. One of the cool things about being on a NoFap journey to overcome PMO addiction is that it forces us to take stock of our lives, to learn more about ourselves and how we function. I don't think I ever would have noticed that if I wasn't doing NoFap. It's nice that I'm able to observe and learn about these patterns to hopefully improve my life in various ways, not just through removing PMO. I didn't make time to go running today as I had planned to do, but given how hot it is outside, that may have been wise, and I filled up the time with a phone call to a friend. I've never given up taking cold showers every day, but describing them as "cold" might be a bit excessive--I can't get the water to go past "cool." That's summer for you.

St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us!

8. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

45 (13 hard mode) days complete

My will is a little weaker after the friday party at work. But I will recover my strength and restore my will

9. Checking in,

I'm currently in the Moria, doing my LOTR quest. In reality I'm feeling that I'm in the flatline zone,
    I don't feel my superpowers, I'm a little bit sick, I've just woke up with the headache.

My family doesn't seem to like me right now, I'm really feeling like after relapse, except that I haven't relapsed,
    and after this stage I will feel much better.

[​IMG]

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Take extra care of yourself for I found out that unusual tiredness and sleepiness through the daytime, granted you had sufficient sleep, is often an early sign of catching some cold or flu.

11. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 7 no PMO. It feels good to have a week behind me again. Hopefully I will keep it going and rack up many more weeks.

12. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Day 1.
    I've send a massage to a sex addiction anonymous group in berlin. I might join them because I need more support then this form can give me. unfortunately my AP disappeared and that is a little sad, but it's still my responsibility to make my life batter.
    my addiction started as an escape form my really shitty childhood and this week I've talked about it with my mother and I hope that trying to fix my relationship with my parents would help me heal the wound in my myself.
    I'm trying to create a roadmap for the next year or two to try and think about what I want to achieve in my life. and I see that everything starts with this. so, I'm back for real.

13. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

12 Days Free of PMO.

Keeping to the path of redemption.

Stay Strong!

14. Relapsed.
    It has been rough few months. Unable to go past 10-20 days. It's pointing to something over and over I'm not paying attention to. Clearly there is a big mistake I'm making. It has to be in me. It's my fault. My beliefs, my intentions are not in the right place. It stems from my hankering for beauty. I got screwed by a good looking female, since then I have lost myself. I will have to work very hard to detach from this hankering for looks. My desire for success is attached to this desire for female beauty. It's a fucked up belief that has kept me in chains. My work lies somewhere, and I'm lingering at the bottom, fighting to stay clean.I think, i also need to get in a relationship with a good woman, not a 'good looking' woman. I've fucked myself enough. I want to try at this one more time.

The day I hanker for looks is the day I'm inviting trouble.

15. I think positive reinforcement beats negative reinforcement. A beautiful woman is a pleasant thing. Denying it, it just reinforces the attachement to it.

My father used to make me watch beautiful girls on the streets or photos. I thought it was a mistake.

Later he told me he does this to try to figure out what's so special about a beautiful girl. That way the attachement to it diminishes.

I've done the experiment and it does help to calm myself down.

Try the other way around simply accept its pleasant and don't fight it.

Just like I can acknowledge heroin is 100 times more pleasant than sex with the most beautiful girl in the world but that doesn't mean I'll use it. I know it's not the same.

16. Pitbull

Pitbull Fapstronaut

17. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

1 day
    Low urges yesterday and sad becouse my threadmill has broken. I have to spent like $300 to fix it. Thinking if it's a better option to buy another one.

Today I didn't worked out(my rest day) but took a cold shower.
    Keep strong my brothers.

18. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 14 / 1000.

Sunday. Day started with going to the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.

Later - the lake. It was cold and windy again. Still went swimming. As I said a few days ago - not much choice. Water will not get warmer in the autumn.

No urges at all. I am honest. Feeling this saudade thing. Feast, lake and other places today triggered lots of memories from my childhood. One poet called such memories visions. Picture, senses, emotions - it's like for a brief moment I am back in the past again. When I am on hard mode I get these memories more often. Or maybe I notice more. Past is past, but sometimes it gives the strength for now and for tomorrow.

So, yeah, happiness, bright longing, a little bit of worry, hope. In essence, I am feeling good. It appears that life can be good without pmo too.

Last thing for today - to go to sleep on time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow - Rivendell. Time flies.

{:emoji_zap:, :emoji_notes:, :emoji_chains:}

Stuff that should help to not pmo:
    1. No internet for recreational purposes until 6 pm.
    2. Waking up on the same time every day.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022