1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 23rd day.

Throughout Sunday evening and Monday I binged an anime. It was a 25 episode series so there was 9-10 hours of content. Doing this is harmful to my health as I was only getting 4-ish hours sleep a night. I can tell I was impaired through the day. Logically I know a lack of sleep will diminish my awareness when performing a tasks like driving. When I'm in the moment of the binge I think very little of the consequences. Driving a car is a dangerous task and I could kill someone (or myself) if I'm not careful. For a bit of irony, the medication effect of the binge would have been used to cope with life stresses such this.

2. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

today is Day 2 for me - no early checkin today and no late checkin yesterday because the girl was visiting me and we talked and cuddled the whole night. No Sex but Im all good with that. 1-2 times I was rly horny but I didnt let it win. Pure things dont need to rush. Updated my counters as well. the month scores will increase:)
    Have a great time.

3. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

4 days
    Low urges yesterday, worked almost all day. Without social networks this process is always less difficult.

Today I worked out and took a cold shower.
    Keep strong my brothers.

4. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

You have my prayers :emoji_pray:

5. RiseToGreatness

ah, nice to hear from you my brother. Big hug :)

6. RiseToGreatness

no no, maybe she has a point. Do you feel you´re not giving her the proper attention and time? that can surely hurt a relationship. And if so, what can you do to combine the two areas (work hard and give her the right attention) ?

If you do your part, you´ll be at a better position to point out the things that you don´t like in her behaviour, and by your example and words, she can motivate herself to change her own behaviour.

I hope this helps :)

7. RiseToGreatness

"He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too. For always evil will look to find a foothold in this world." ;)

8. RiseToGreatness

Checking in brave Warriors :)

What can i say, the morning started poorly with the usual fatigue, anxiety and leg pain. but as the day went by, my mood is becoming better, but still with low energy.

this is pure withdrawal, but what i can tell is that this withdrawal has been way more bereable than previous ones. why? first of all, at night my usual hobby is books. i go outside to the balcony and just read throught the night, it´s great :). That way i don´t blow up my dopamine watching TV all night.

second, the wim hof breathing and cold showers really help to reduce the withdrawal effects. i still feel them, sure, but they´re less intense as before. also heavely reducing sugar and alcohol helps a lot.

now, one might think, does the level of memorized pain from past withdrawals reduces the frequency of relapses/binges? yes, for a minor part it does. but for the large chunk of it, it doesn´t. Only a good defined strategy will keep us sober, and only a good defined strategy will prevent us from binging after a relapse.

That´s why sometimes i keep getting back to this video. watch this if you haven´t already, it´s really enlightening.

well, these are just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading me brothers :).

Have a great day!

9. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut