1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestion brother.

2. breaking-myths

Yeah will give it a try.

3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

98 Days Free of PMO.

I will be resting again today, prior to work starting, as I feel off. Last time this happened was around day 56, but it was much stronger. I'm thankful that there is progress there. PAWS can be tricky and triggers must be identified.

Stay Strong!

@daddyG1981 Ah yes, @Baki Hanma had shared a clip prior. I started watching the discussion on youtube yesterday. Definitely fitting to our struggle. It is interesting that the anticipation is the cause for the release and then it drops. If I am not mistaken, Dr Huberman has an array of videos regarding tailoring your dopamine system to be reactive to long-term gratification. I.e loving the process of working towards a goal. He also has mentioned giving yourself time after completion to stabilize receptors and begin anew.

@breaking-myths Just a heads up brother, there is no more Nazgul/Orc. Ranks were updated, check page 1. From day 0 to 14 you are a hobbit.

4. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

5. breaking-myths

All right will get it updated right away:emoji_thumbsup:

6. Two days ago was my two-year anniversary of joining the NoFap community. It saddens me that I have not been able to show any amount of progress in that time. Now, I will be taking an indefinite break from the forums. I will continue the NoFap lifestyle on my own, but the interaction with the community has not been helpful for me, and the hour I spend here each day will be better spent elsewhere. May God be with you all.

7. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

3 days
    Low urges yesterday, worked in the stuffs that I planned. My job get me infront of a PC all the day and after the work I went to watch TV, that is not healthy. I have to figure out another kind of activity to relax that don't need a screen infront of me.
    Today I worked out and took a cold shower
    Keep strong my brothers.

8. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

You're welcome brother, also nevermind that website wants a whole year up front if I'm not mistaken

Anyways https://www.ehypnosis.com/programs/improve-sleep that thing helps me although it's not perfect.

I like to listen to the advanced 1hr version and read Manga at night before bed, seems to help. Kinda nice reason to get to read an hour of manga at night :)

9. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

10. Heromode

Heromode Fapstronaut

Day 36 checking in.

And it was slightly hard but i can feel my will over my actions increase day by day, I only saw 1 video of 10 minutes on YouTube and then i closed it.
    I literally did like a horse wearing Blinkers, I finished the video and tried not to look at the thumbnails, just close the window and get up to do my workout! (Uff temptations and distractions.... but we gotta stay focused!)

I finished the Greek story of the Iliad and my next read will be The Odyssey.

Have a Good night and see you guys tomorrow

Stay Strong, Stay Savage!
    We all going to Make it!

11. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

I'm supposed to follow God. To keep having Him in the center of my life, but today I felt really attracted to a girl, and I kinda acted towards her...I'm not feeling loved I think, feeling unworthy, feeling like a failure. I do not want to beg for love with my way of acting or interacting with others.

12. daddyG1981

daddyG1981 Fapstronaut

Day 25 checking in. Heading to Moria.

managed to stay strong 2 days home alone, my wife is back today. I’m definitely still riding the momentum of my first streak here. For those on here who have had a relapse and then started again, this is more impressive. I hope I have your strength if I falter. Respect!!!

13. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

End of day 4

I forgot to post yesterday. There were two dangerous times, two mornings, Monday and Tuesday mornings, when I was alone. I survived them without trouble. I am not taking my phone to the toilet.

14. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

15. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey fellows!
    Check in day 288!
    Valar i m coming!!!

16. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Great work avoiding that relapse. That’s how most relapses start for me. I do the whole “I wonder if they have videos like this?” and eventually my mind can’t take it and I have to go see.

17. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 20 no PMO. I fly out today for a two night work trip. Not sure if you guys recall but the last trip fell on the last night. Not going to make that same mistake this time. New rule… no phone in the bed at night.

18. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

18 days
    no time for PMO :)
    no time for NoFap :(

19. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

Day 0. Tried setting my covenant eyes so I could not uninstall last night with my accountability partner. We could not figure it out. We almost got it set up. I did some research after when I got home and figured it out. We are getting together again Thursday. I sent him the page with instructions. Maybe he will be able to set it from his end before then. I hope so.

Got a new mattress yesterday. Slept like a champ last night.

Put in my application for a good job the night before last. My friend works there. He talked to his boss. His boss told HR to look out for my resume. Hopefully I can start next week.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  20. breaking-myths

Onward and forward. Having a cold but that is not a reason to relapse .I might not be able to do things that I have been doing with the same efficiency but still I will just do whatever possible.