1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

2. icebreaker p

icebreaker p Fapstronaut

3. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I think I should have been more specific. He is a hypnotist that specializes in trauma removal, I just happened to find out about him through the red pill space is all. But yeah, we are mostly in agreement that it is generally a negative space.

4. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

3 days. Really struggling. Lots of temptations. I just want some tenderness. I need someone to rescue me. Save me from her. She scares me....

Whoa! That was just listening to what my inner child was saying. It was the only way the little fella had to escape from the fear of her. (Mom). I guess I can tell the little fella he is safe from her now. She isn't near. I'll rescue you little bud. I guess I just need to pray to God that whatever holes there are that they be filled.

5. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

13 days
    Low urges yesterday, but sometimes in the day searching some dopaming sources.
    Today I didn't worked out, I rest more in the morning. Yesterday the doctor said me that I have to try to relax more, so tying to have in mind that.
    Keep strong my brothers.

6. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 2

Feeling pretty off today. Didn't eat very well and slept a lot. I feel really tired right now even though I got more sleep than normal. Throat feels weird too. Not much to say about today really... I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my night. Normally I'd PMO in a situation like this, but I resist!

7. daddyG1981

daddyG1981 Fapstronaut

Day 35 checking in, I’m a Dwarf

good day yesterday, not too many strong temptations that I wasn’t able to easily resist for a change. Finished a good book on recovering from sex addiction and have been putting exercises into practice.

Tonight I’m going to a birthday party with my wife. There will be quite a few triggers possibly and alcohol. I think I’ll be having quite a bit of internal dialogue and challenging my thinking later. Use it as a test to grow, and also enjoy some ‘real’ social interaction without the haze of lust

stay strong everyone, this dwarf has your back

8. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

1 day
    We need to overcome this addiction once and for all!
    Edit:
    Home alone for 1.5h. Usually I check in every 30min with a status update but I want to try it this way now. Urges existing but my motivation is high. I will dig up my old emergency protocol again.
    Edit:
    Check in, all good
    Edit:
    Check in, all good

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  9. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

On the point of facing reality and confronting pain - all my relationships up to now have been a sort of dark refuge/ safe space where conditions are perfect for blocking out reality and perfect for living in fantasy - the fantasy that I am going to live forever in the comfort of my girlfriend's arms - deep down treating her like a surrogate mother who lulls her child to sleep. It is this upside down direction of my interior that drives me to PMO, the incorrect view that the goal is the infantile comfort of the mother rather than the goal of growth, development, maturity into manhood. As a result in all my relationships my partner had the key because my deepest set fear was that this infantile driver of my whole life would be exposed. I was addicted to the dopamine they gave me by comforting me while all the time telling me I was a man. It is time to grow up, cut the umbilical cord, turn my direction upward, start climbing, and embrace the growing pains of becoming a man for real.

10. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 14 complete

Yesterday I woke up with my wife so I didn't post. This night I had dreams about sex again and I woke up horny. But I will spend today with my wife so no big temptations foreseen.

11. metamorphosed

metamorphosed Fapstronaut

12. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

13. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 30 no PMO. No temptations for me yesterday. I’m feeling good about making it 30 day. College football today so it should be a fun day.

14. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

109 Days Free of PMO.

Feeling off today, fatigue mixed with some apprehensive anxiety, even though I have slept long enough. I have a few things on the list that I would like to complete, but we'll see how the day unravels. Not much has arisen on the temptation stand point, but vigilance remains. They say the 6 months after your first 6 months is the higher threshold for a relapse, which is why vigilance must always remain.

Stay Strong!

@daddyG1981 Congrats on the rank up!
    @Ready to Stop Well done on getting on 1 month!

15. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

congrats:)

16. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

17. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 450. Today I start exercising again. Not to have a better body in apparency. But to be full of energy to do God's will. God gifted each one of us an amazing body and soul, we have to take care of ourselves.

18. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

For the past 24 days I had pretty much low urges as lust or sexual desires in itself were never my weakness , it was the inability to hold my ground when I was under stress . I often resorted to binge watch web series or resorted to fap when things become a bit rough(usually during my exam time ) but often when the problem is over I have found it difficult to recover from all the pmo I would do during the stressful period.

In the next week I would probably face my first real test as I begin my mid term exams , but this time around I am going to face my problem head on and study for my exams from today so that I can get past through this tough situation .

Often I never wanted to fap during this time ,but often subconsciously I would get a feeling that I would break if I don't fap. This is only a problem caused by my lack of preparation and that's exactly where I am going to crush my pmo urges by getting a solid preparation before the final moments of the examination.

Day 24 :emoji_muscle:
    Sometimes what's key to victory is to keep your calm when things feel uncertain and you start to doubt yourself.

19. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

0 days. No hard-core p though. Which is good. I was up until 5:30 am searching. Reminds me of school. This is how bad it was. In high school I would wait all week until the weekend so I could stay up all night to watch late night tv in hopes of seeing some softcore movies. I would stay up for hours and maybe see,on a good day like, 15 minutes worth. That's how desperate I was. The only softness in life that I knew. Sad. It is a tragedy.

It is a tragedy but my life does not have to end as a tragedy. I have been healing so much. God is so good to me.

My prayer life is really coming along. If I can get that in good order everything else will fall into place.