1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Welcome to Middle Earth brother :). You´re already on your way to Rivendell, very good. Keep going!!!

viagem.png

2. RiseToGreatness

yes, in each fall we know something more about ourselfs and how the addiction works. Some relapses are inevitable and necessary. Learn my brother. Let´s go!!! :emoji_muscle:

reiniciar.jpg

3. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

Day 116: Grey Wizard

It is getting easier in many ways but that does not mean that it has gotten any less perilous. The cost of failure is getting higher by the day.

4. RiseToGreatness

no, it´s really normal to have all those urges, the first 2 weeks are awful and hard because it´s when both the urges and the withdrawal effects hits really hard.

you got to keep your mindset optimum for the reboot: remember (read) your daily motivation for the reboot, why you need to do it, challenge your excuses for pmo daily. and also follow your triggers system very tighly. i mean, it´s better don´t even think in touching eletronic devices will alone in a room, you´re dead in the water. define exactly all the situations you feel it´s likely for you to peak, and create a barrier for everyone of them. and of course, don´t stay idle roaming the house, get occupied. that´s super important.

Gorgewalker likes this.
  5. RiseToGreatness

Excellent my brother. Long time no see :). Anyways, you´ve arrived at Henneth Annûn :), a secret refuge in Ithilien. Keep going!!!

dia 120 - henneth annûn.gif
    dia 120 - henneth annûn 2.jpg

6. RiseToGreatness

One more day of walking my brothers and sisters. Since the journey to Mount Doom will take more than a year i decided to read the 3 volumes of The Lord of The Rings ;). In the end i will probably read The Hobbit too ;). It will be fun to do the challenge while reading the story along :)

Meanwhile, let´s welcome our new brother in the journey:

@t8031t

Have a great day :)

7. Day 11: Urges haven’t been an issue yet. In the past, they have become an issue around the two week mark. Always causes a relapse. This time I’m prepared though. More motivated than ever!

8. Unfortunately I relapsed. Back to Day 1. But daily login and seeing all you guys report is key

9. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

I just relapsed
    I was having a great streak, doing things almost perfectly... But once again I screwed it all up because of alcohol. I thought that I would be fine if I drank just a little bit, but a little bit often turns into quite a bit and that's what happened to me.
    Inmediatly after drinking I felt the urges to PMO and to smoke and I sucummed to both.

When I think of the idealized version of myself I visualize someone who doesn't get caught in inmediate gratification (alcohol, pmo, smoking and excessive internet use), and whenever I fall into any of those things I feel like I am not as as good as I could be and that I might as well engage in those other meaningless activities.

So it is clear as water that in order to leave one of those bad habits behind I need to leave them all and, eventhough I haven't proven that yet, I know I have the willpower and strenght to prove it.

Let's be lights in this dark world, brothers and sisters!

Day 0

10. Dunamis_42

Dunamis_42 Fapstronaut

11. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

12. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

13. t8031t

t8031t Fapstronaut

"I got be the dancer to dance" means to take responsibility for your problems in life.

14. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

15. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 1
    Feel good. I did not feel any urges.

16. Wow, those first 3 posts are amazing! I like his (along with the people he credited) point of view a lot. I still don't know what I want to do in my life. So far, it's just being able to easily socialize, and so forth. Man alive this man went DEEP into the topic of pmo. Having a purpose... I'm only 16, most people don't know what they want to do yet. It's interesting, he's the first person (along with the other people he credited) to really make me question what I want to do with my life. I'm going to put this link on the first post of my journal.

Lastly, I would like to say something a little bit off-topic: yourbrainrebalanced.com looks just like one of NoFap's pages lol.

17. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well, I did four days again. I have just a couple more days as an orc.

Today I read the post someone linked to in this thread above which said to get urgency about my life goals and go for them, rather than concentrating too much on abstinence and recovery. This is excellent advice, and I think it will keep me going. I am journaling on paper about my life goals now.

18. Nice! Together to Mordor bhai!!!

19. aggressiveturtle

aggressiveturtle Fapstronaut