1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

3. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

4. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 1.

Well, here it goes... I am a pathetic loser. I really have no honour... What did I think by shutting down blockers? Probably, "let's do this, nobody has to know." But I know. At least I am honest enough to admit the failure.

So, the truth is, I failed. But I am not giving up. What other options do I have. Going back to the life of constant pmo? That would be even lamer.

I am angry. But I am good angry. Hopefully this is the last time I let stressors of life force me to relapse. F*ck anxieties, f*ck annoying tasks, f*ck arrogant people,... What are the usual reasons that cause a relapse? "I am tempted, but I can't go outside and rest now, because I have stuff to do." "I am tired and tempted but I can't go for a nap, because now it's not the time". "I am tempted, I want a day off. I can't get one now. I am not worthy". Sly tricks of the brain to use my perfectionism and inner critic to force me into relapse. Enough is enough. I am putting inner critic into his place. A year no pmo is going to happen. I am thinking how to take this good anger to other days of the journey.

And yes... Denim jacket-raward will be on July 3rd now. I think that's a cool reward. Whenever I am wearing that jacket, I'll know that I went 90 days hardmodes. It should give me strength to continue. But, first, I have to earn it.

I see that today there will be hard talk with psychologist. I am prepared. I think he'll understand. They are well trained professionals.

I am angry. But this anger makes me focused. I am restarting the journey.

Drive_focused_2.jpeg

:emoji_palm_tree:

Next reward - denim jacket on July 3rd.
    Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 1.
    No caffeine (no coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.).
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day.

Ūruz, 500, Reghu and 3 others like this.
  5. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Day 79 - Warrior

@Reghu Yes, building a physique and the lifestyle of it if you do it properly.

Fighting as a
    Warrior of Gondor
    [​IMG]

Ūruz, 500, Reghu and 4 others like this.
  6. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

You have a good approach, my friend. I have a lot to learn from you. I really lack self-compassion, when it comes to days off.

LuckyMan, Ūruz, 500 and 4 others like this.
  7. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

8. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friend's!

16 day's Free of PMO.

A day of rest and reflection. Although, it did start with some anger and words with others.

Stay Strong!

16 days – Touched by your bravery, the gentle Elves of Rivendell give you an elven cloak. The cloak has a hood and is fastened by a green brooch. It acts as camouflage when PMO units are around.

Quest Item - Elven Cloak :emoji_running_shirt_with_sash:

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse brother, but I'm happy to see your resolve is fired up. I am not always compassionate with myself, it is a work in progress. I think you have taken the right approach to speak with someone about it, I had done the same amongst a few other things too. All this helps in providing tools and a different perspective to what occurred. Let's continue forward, my friend!

LuckyMan, Baki Hanma, Ūruz and 5 others like this.
  9. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

was very busy the last days... hope everyone is fine!
    I have 8d 1h and 8min right now.
    Thats great!

Stay in focus brothers.
    Remember:
    Focus=Fate.

10. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Just about to finish work today, thought popped into my head "why don't I look up that tv series ( one that has triggers )" popped the title into google and the search results did not find it, so I tried a different spelling, still no joy. So I stopped, and realised I had just been fishing. Stopping now.
    Dusting down list of consequences again - and by these commitments I am now resetting my counter again after 3 days, although I did not see or hear or even glimpse a trigger, yet I fished for one, so I am resetting...
    - Consequences : urges/ thoughts - BRACE ; innuendo in work - sacrifice the laughs & change the subject while keeping the humour; nocturnal emissions - handwash soiled clothes ; looking a triggers on tv - no tv/ streaming for a workweek ( doing this anyway); looking up actresses - detox diet 3 days; actively fishing for erotica - reset my counter; P - do 3 day fasting with 24 hour vigil in between
    This week start work at desk at 8:00
    Next week - finish day with plan for next
    Next week - GTD daily with weekly checkin

11. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

18 days
    Low urges yesterday
    Worked out and took a cold shower.
    Keep strong my brothers.

12. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

Day 4

13. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

14. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 15

Great feeling to have reached the rank of Elf again! Intimacy with my girlfriend is proving a challenge; we are growing closer and closer, and abstaining is causing me to experience significant pain down below.

I hope this passes, but all in all I’ve never been happier. Life is going pretty well, I’ve got annual leave booked in, and I’m sleeping so well!

15. LZR

LZR Fapstronaut

Every one is a loser till it get succeed, but the good thing is that u r angary about it and decided not to give up, u know what's good for u and u r trying to become better version of yourself, may be it takes days but its better late then never. Use ur experience of this reboot as an lesson for the next one be strong man u had to do it...man ur #33875 post in this thread is stuck in my mind and it motivates me every time I read it, and I think u had the will to stand by the promises u had done to yourself. Goodluck for this time. Make it happen this time.

16. LZR

LZR Fapstronaut

Day 6 Completed,

I am planing to start my project now, it's late but there is a saying that,"There neve is enough time to complete something but enough to complete most of it."

17. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

18. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

temptations resisted: 0
    days: 1

When I'm able to PMO, like being home alone, urges are at 100% and I stand no chance. But when I'm not, I feel no desire in that direction, so now I will also count the times in which I successfully resisted the temptations

19. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

20. KingPiece

KingPiece Fapstronaut

48 days – With boats given by the Elfs you sail on the river Anduin. The journey continues south to Amon Hên.

Ūruz, PeaceOnEarth108, 500 and 4 others like this.