The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Panna

Panna Fapstronaut

day 53

2. Limad

Limad Fapstronaut

What has triggered it?

3. Limad

Limad Fapstronaut

4. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

5. Stoic☮️

Stoic☮️ Fapstronaut

Day 37

6. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the question. I'm in a very stressful situation right now and I just don't have my shit together currently.

Stoic☮️, Ūruz, MS PBH and 4 others like this.
  7. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 56!

My Mental Health Update:
    From the begining of this streak, I started to meditate every day about 10 or maximum 15 minutes. It really helped me to get good night sleep without any distractions. Sometimes I'm not calm under stressfull situations but Now it changed.But My will power is lacking these days. I can't blame on this cold weather. It makes me to sleep more. Sometimes some random lustful pictures come to my mind. I don't give a f***k about them. Because That was the reason why my previous streak was broken. Those are newly created ones.These days I'm enjoing some benifits from doing NoFap. Got some respect from others and deep voice and mental clarity. Also I mentioned about a guy who tried to bully me in previous weeks.Let's call him Mr dng. I'm not giving shit about that person. Reason why he tried to bully me is a simple one. I think my brothers think who's that guy. when I was in the lecture in uni, I grabbed my best friend's water bottle and drank some water. On this time , Mr dng also wanted to drink some water. I didn't hear that because I was attentively listening to lecture while i'm drinking. mr dng didn't satisfied with that. Also he thinks he is the alpha in my friend group. I don't say I'm an alpha because My type like lone wolf. so that Arrogance was lead to bullying. finally he thought I would react to his bad words angrily . But My meditations and Confidence of doing NoFap was really helped to stay calm on that situations. So finally Mr dng was unsuccesful. so that's it brothers! Good luck and happy weekend!

Toni7, Stoic☮️, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Is everything good brother. I remebered that your girlfriend was hospitalized and You were planning to marry that girl. I think my memory is right :)

Toni7, Stoic☮️, Ūruz and 5 others like this.
  9. PeaceOnEarth108

@Baki Hanma wow amazing, you remember :) Feels good I must say. Yes, she is doing better and we're married, all fine. I'm now a high school teacher in the beginning of my training and both the kids and the examinors are driving me crazy.

10. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Here's where I'm at - super strong attraction and vibes going on with a married woman colleague - prob just flirting for her but deeply stressful for me over the past few months. I've been here before where this stress increases urges, shame and guilt ( as she is married) along with the false rationale that pmo is a release which will stop the mental attraction to this woman. I am walking away from this now as it's the antithesis of everything I believe in and thankfully nothing has happened and I haven't relapsed either. Part of me knows that this attraction is just my addicted brain playing tricks on me to get a fix but, just like Gene Hackman's cold turkey in The French Connection, it is not going to get its fix because I have decided to abstain. Deep down I am lonely but its a lonliness which can only be healed by connecting with my true self. Thanks for reading brother!

11. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

thanks bro v useful reflection - I also think that bullies such as this guy just detect that you are doing something strong inside and it triggers them especially if they are P addicts themselves

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  12. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Your streaks have always been an inspiration to me @LuckyMan so pls don't give up this fight

13. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

I understand, bro. I have relapsed literally hundreds of times in the past. Use this embarassment. Get angry. Use that anger to improve.

Wishing you the best!

14. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 48.

Day was difficult. But evening was nice -- went with friends to shoot guns. Legally of course. Instructor and everything. Was fun.

Thinking about tomorrow -- I would like to do lots of stuffs. Course work included. We'll see.

Also, thinking about reward for 50 days. What could it be? Maybe, pizza pie + my favourite travel documentary. I need more chill time. We'll see.

Let's keep going!

Drive_6.png

Have a nice weekend!

48 days hardmode.
    Denim jacket reward for 180 days.
    No coffee.

15. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friend's,

Day 22-23-24-25-26-27 of PMO.

Difficult week, filled with the emotions nobody wants, but such is life. I know that if I resist them, they will persist. I'm trying my best to observe them. I will rest this week and ready myself for the challenging week ahead.

Stay Strong!

22 days – You enter the cold Misty Mountains, the Hithaeglir.

25 days – You try to pass through Caradhras but the PMO forces were strong there. You make a detour to the Dwarven Realm of Moria.

Explore that anger and disarm it. Even if things came down to a fight, anger may cloud your judgment.Who knows, you may find common ground. Apart from that, perhaps finding out what insecurity said bully is hiding by bullying others, that may also help.[/QUOTE]

I'm also happy to hear this, I remember you were stressed because of your parent in-laws were making things difficult. You overcame that brother, you will overcome this too. Try to pick out 1 most immediate challenge that you are facing, and give that your full attention. Tackle it. Once you get a flow with that, move on to the next thing.

16. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Great Brother definitely Meditation help us aware of our surroundings. You are doing great Job

18. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Day 11 Done
    "In the upcoming month of January 2024, particularly in the first week, I have an exam. I am not fully prepared for it, but with 20 days left, I am confident that if I dedicate myself to focused study during this period, I will definitely be able to clear the exam. Currently, I find myself vulnerable to distractions, particularly towards lust. When I encounter women, I tend to objectify and fantasize about them and their body parts. This habit is hindering my ability to fully concentrate on my studies. My ultimate goal is to secure a job within the next 2-3 months to ensure I am not struggling for my basic needs."
    Please Help me Brothers.
    Meditation :emoji_heavy_check_mark:
    Exercise :emoji_heavy_check_mark:
    Book Reading :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

19. PeaceOnEarth108

1 day
    @MS PBH perhaps listening to calming, focussing music while studying helps, amongst many other things.