1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Relapsed :(
    Restarting The Streak :)
    Checking In For Day - 0

2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

3. I don't know what's going on in my brain. But I'm stressed. I'm losing & my hopes are shattering. I need help :( :(

4. Breakthrough!

Breakthrough! Fapstronaut

Don't lose hope. Change your bad habits into good habits. Start exercising, meditate, start a diary, reading, quit social media (or at least less social media). But start with one habit at a time. Don't do them all at once. A great book about habits is The Power of Habit from Charles Duhigg. It helped me a lot.

5. Breakthrough!

Breakthrough! Fapstronaut

day 6: Becoming a Uruk-Hai for a second time in a row. Hope i will make it this time to a hobbit.

6. Thanks for help ☺️

7. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Day 5. Tomorrow I abandon my Orc ways. The power of the ring is drifting a little further away each day. Each cycle.

8. mizzuddin017

mizzuddin017 Fapstronaut

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your personal record brother :). Keep going!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

CLaYFiRC, Swazzy 1, Toni7 and 8 others like this.
  11. RiseToGreatness

it´s normal to feel hopeless after a relapse bro. i feel you. but try to reflect and learn from there. after a relapse is easy to keep relapsing because of autopilot. see in which ways you can override it. read my tips (in the signature). maybe they can help you out :)

focus my brother, you can do it!!!

12. RiseToGreatness

2 days done brave Fellowship :).

Let´s welcome the new member of the Companion:

@Life changer34

The following brother has upgraded. Congratulations!!! :)

@Breakthrough!

i think my relapse bleeding has stopped, thank God. and i kept pretty much all the benefits from my previous long sobriety :). now let´s embrace the long run and overcome this addiction once and for all. Onward to victory my friends!!! :)

Here´s a powerful post in nofap/reddit.

Have a great day!!!

"A message from the girlfriend of a Fapstronaut: YOU ARE ALL WARRIORS

Hiya :) I don't really know the protocol about posting here, but for a really long time I've been wanting to address the r/NoFap community. I want to thank you.

A few months ago, I met this awesome guy, and he's the most incredible human being. He's fun, he's determined, he's intense, he's open, he's nerdy, he's exciting, he's driven, and he's pretty much the coolest and awesomest person I know, straight-up. He's exactly my type of weird xD Oh, and an added plus? Our entire outlooks on life in general are perfectly aligned. Morally, mentally, spiritually, psychologically. I have never felt so effortlessly right with another person. We've been together only a few months, but it's felt like so much longer. I love him, I respect him, I look up to him in so many ways.

And I'm so intensely proud of the fact that he's a Fapstronaut :)

I think he was afraid to tell me initially about his NoFap journey, but when he did I was absolutely blown away. I had no idea the depth of the struggle, the difficulty of it, or the significance of it. It didn't even cross my mind until he told me.

I don't know if you guys realize how huge it is that you're doing this, that you're investing so much in yourselves with the singular goal of "I want to make myself a better person". I've read through some of the 90-day milestone posts, and the posts where guys have just broken their streaks but are starting over, getting right back into the challenge. Do you understand how freaking inspiring that is?! Do you understand the absolute depth of your devotion to yourselves?!

It's freaking amazing, is what it is.

I'm constantly awed by the community here, and fiercely proud of the fact that my boyfriend fights among your ranks. You are all warriors, you are all centurions, you are all strong and noble knights off to fight the most terrifying battle known to man: the battle against himself. There is no failure here, just perseverance, and the drive to keep going.

Just this morning, I woke up to a text from S, telling me that he'd had a super strong urge last night, something that hasn't happened for a really long time (he passed 90 days this week). He'd had an urge, and he overcame it. He OVERCAME it. I was amazed. I still am. You are all so unbelievably strong. You have such a strength of will and dedication that leaves me breathless on a consistent basis. You are the fighters, but more importantly, you are the victors.

This was the part of the text I sent him this morning, and it applies to all of you:

"You own this. You're conquering it. I see the effects of it in your eyes and in your attitude and in your conversation, and you wear your triumph humbly because you know the battle isn't over. You've won, you are winning, you will continue to win. You stay alert, always aware that it's just the calm before the storm, aware that soon more tests of strength and valor will come."

S is able to hold eye contact longer than I can. Sometimes we'll be talking, and then his words just trail away and this slow smile spreads across his face, and out of nowhere he says, "I just want to stare into your eyes forever." It sends warm shivers down my spine and makes my tummy do flips and I can't stop smiling. It makes me feel like the most important girl who has ever existed. Every girl should be as lucky as I am, to be with a man who is as strong and sensitive and self-aware as you men are. I attribute a huge part of my boyfriend's self to the support and guidance he's received from this subreddit over the last two years.

Thank you all so much, for existing, for being the heroes that you are and persisting, for fighting a battle the depth of which I can only imagine. Keep going. Every day, don your armor, and slash your way forward through the thickets of thought. Guard yourselves against the quicksand patches of instant gratification. Because I know you can. I've seen it, and I'm awed by it, and the depth of your dedication, the commitment of it, and the ever-evolving result – the man you become because of it – is so damn attractive.

You are all incredible and inspiring and amazing human beings. You are heroes. And I believe in you.

Godspeed, warriors.

:)

Samurai_God, Swazzy 1, Toni7 and 6 others like this.
  13. Thanks Buddy You're Always There For Us Whenever We're In Need. May God Bless You In All Your Bad Times. Lots Of Love ☺️☺️

14. Ininterrompu

Ininterrompu Fapstronaut

Well, hello everyone I am back. I have joined to this challange once before with another nickname, I have failed. Now I feel my determination is reborn once again. I shall fight again. Wish me luck brothers, and good luck to you all.

Note: I am using a punishment system, each time I fail I do 50 more push ups more than last time. Now I am at 300, today's punishment. Hopefully there shall be no more of it.

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."

15. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 4. Just a day and a half until I am an Urah-Kai again. Since my relapse at 1AM Tuesday morning, I have managed to keep clean, and I am looking to have a successful weekend. I have not fished at all (not really given myself the opportunity to by staying off of social media, and not going on streaming services that I know can be triggering. I have watched Family Guy a lot as well as Bob’s Burgers and Criminal Minds, and they have very few instances of temptations, and even when they do, I would have to do a google search, which I refuse to on topics I know might be triggering.

I am proud of all of you who manage to have multiple day/week/month/etc streaks, even if you do fall down at the end. And for those who have binged after a streak, I know that you can get yourself clean again, you just mustn’t lose hope. Hope can be debilitating while you wait for the inevitable, but it can also be uplifting in our case because we can see a better future without PMO, and that is great!

Best,
    Mathman1994

16. JeanCarl88

JeanCarl88 Fapstronaut

I'm on day 7, that makes me an Huruk-hai I guess.

17. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have been claiming Hobbit status, but I fear that it seems a little dishonest. As I rubbed on the inside of my clothes with an erection, I will set my day counter to that day. I am currently Uruk-Hai again. I am more satisfied with this status, with the total honesty rather than stretching the truth and calling myself a Hobbit early. So now I figure I have never truly made it to Hobbit status. Nonetheless, like I say, I am okay with that for now. I will just persevere and stay abstinent for 8 more days. Then I will be there.