1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

i prefer the term "this rebel orc". don´t you agree? ;)

2. RiseToGreatness

then focus on the stress. get used to micro manage your stress as soon as it arrives. if you let it grow up in you, it´s harder to relax. try relax techiques during the day, even when you feel well, that way you´ll be prepared when stress comes. also do one thing at a time, don´t put too much pressure on yourself bro, take it easy and let the tasks flow :)

3. RiseToGreatness

One more day mighty Fellowship :)

The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! ;)

@rotten_tomato - Uruk-Hai
    @LuckyMan - Warrior / Amon Hen
    @Mathman1994 - Hobbit / Hobbiton (now starting the journey to destroy the PMO ring. Good luck bro!!! make us proud :) )

A huge wave of support to our fallen brother @Ciceron . You only loose when you stay in the ground. I believe in you bro. Rise!!!!!

One more day till our brother @Alex_Al destroy his PMO ring. History will be made here. Throw the ring for us bro!!!!!!!!! :)

Here´s a music that i heard today and got instact addict to it :D. now that´s a positive addiction ;)

Have a great day mighty Companion. Proud of you!!!!

4. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 7 - one week done!

5. ineedclarity

ineedclarity Fapstronaut

6. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

7. uGes

uGes Fapstronaut

8. LivingCreature

LivingCreature Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 4.
    Today was definitely better. A lot of good stuff is happening. If i spent more time getting better at math and programming then it would be almost perfect but i am gonna work on that too.

9. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 12

Feeling more hobbitish.

Going to try to get a few solid hours of study in before lifting tonight.

10. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Hiii!

This is so awesome! I just finished watching the 3 part movies last weekend!

Please add my name to the orcs list!

Thank you!

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Day 71. Way to go all. Proud to be in this Fellowship.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  12. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

13. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

I’m proud of you for continuing on this journey with us!

14. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Truly an inspiration!!

15. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 25
    Been having the heaviest of urges since morning. Diverted most of them thru activities. Will focus on getting my sleep cycle back to normal now. Stay strong brothers, we have to defeat this ring!

16. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Forever orc reporting
    This time I wanna really let go of this orc tag..
    I am doing well..
    Apart from mood swings..
    Etc.

Tip of the day
    How to cope up with depression attack during your streak
    -watch Netflix mystery.. Temporary but will help you refocus your attention on somewhere else other than your stupid brain state..

Advice tip from Universal man..
    Ps - I really want to use his vanguard community but it is only for men... Lol
    Since I have subscribed to his newsletter I wanna share something

You'd think that if something was SUPER obvious, ULTRA effective, and actually made your life EASIER, then you probably wouldn't have to remind everybody of it all the time, right?

Much to my salted chagrin, it turns out that is NOT the case.

There's one piece of advice that I need to CONSTANTLY repeat whether it's with my coaching clients or Vanguard members:

Focus your energy on as few high-impact changes at a time as you possibly can!

In a perfect world, this means ONE big change at a time.

Instead, I see people trying to quit p*rn, implement a fad diet, start their first exercise routine, meditate, journal, do daily affirmations, take cold showers, and learn how to cook all at once.

Hell, just TWO of those things together are often too much for the average guy to actually keep up with.

I see this a lot with guys who get really hyped on the self-development game, but don't have too much experience with it yet.

They try to do it all at once, get overwhelmed and burnt out, and ends up in the exact same place they started.

So moral of the story is one thing at a time...

Good luck everyone

17. Day 6 complete! Slap a White Hand on my helmet and call me an Uruk-Hai!

@Ciceron Shame is extremely insidious and powerful. Heck, I walked around for a good chunk of today feeling ashamed at myself because I knew I messed up a really easy test question this afternoon. Now I know that's not on the same level at all, but that feeling when you don't even want to look yourself in the mirror, that's when PMO starts to win. We might have to take a knee from time to time, but that can make us appreciate standing tall.

18. Michael Sternig

Michael Sternig Fapstronaut

day 1, happy to be on track, tanks for your motivating posts. I feel a little stronger after resisting an urge yesterday night - I wanna turn this into a positive cycle.

19. liona

liona Fapstronaut

Day 22

This thread is always giving me so much hope and strength, seeing how everyone is fighting is really powerful!
    I'm happy to be in the 20 zone again, I feel like I'm generally doing okay when I'm in this area.
    Never let down your guard tho!
    Using exercise to fight my frustration and bad mood these days, feels incredibly powerful :emoji_heart:

20. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 500!
    Nothing more to say. Feeling wonderful. Thank God.
    @RiseToGreatness thank you for this forum and all the participants for your support.

liona, dandausa, Swazzy 1 and 16 others like this.