1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 4.

Feeling all right. Plan to lift this evening and doing some work right now. Need to get back to a better sleep schedule.

2. TITLE - ORC
    Day 3/500
    Longest streak - 28
    Last streak - 3
    Total PMO - 148
    Total P - 30
    Total hours remaining - 11934
    Days remaining - 497
    Challenges completed - 0
    3 DAYS -
    7 DAYS -
    14 DAYS -
    21 DAYS -
    30 DAYS -
    45 DAYS -
    60 DAYS -
    90 DAYS -
    365 DAYS -
    500 DAYS -

I was away for some time unable to post but I will try to post daily.

3. Day 3 Completed.

"What about them? They're freshhhhh!!!!"

"They are NOT for eating."

4. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

107 days. Have a good weekend everybody!

5. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Hey @Ciceron, Well done on getting beyond the 36 day threshold brother - really great! On Fishing see post by @RiseToGreatness earlier (below) and maybe ask @Gallade_Templar for his recent experiences with Fishing. Fishing gamifies P so in a way it is worse than P because it is self-deceit, dishonesty and often leads inevitably to relapse. I think one of the key messages from the Universal Man clip below is that Fishing is simply lying to ourselves. I struggled with it massively earlier this year, fishing about once every 6 weeks, and it eventually caused me to fall after 199 days. I now consider it as bad as P (if not worse because of its gamifying/ self-deceiving aspect).

BTW thank you for all the prayers to these wonderful saints, very inspiring!

6. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thank you @RiseToGreatness - this forum is like Rivendell. A refuge of healing. It is helping save minds, souls and maybe lives, not least my own. Thank you brother!

7. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot for your wise words. I think that now I could stay more than one month sober, without M, is because I have banished P from my life in every form: thoughts, archives, apps like Instagram... and how I look to women. The next step to get sure I´m far from P, is hating go fishing. Like that sentence from Star Wars: "Fishing leads to P, and P leads to M". Personally, I recognize that my principal trigger is stress, and my body have found that a form to reduce it is with the chemical sustances of O. So when I start to sense it, I reacts in order to get that dopamine (or whatever it is). Now, in addition to being far away from P, I´m looking for forms of managing stress and reduce it. Universal Man and specially the community -the fellowship- of this challenge are very helpful.

From this Saturday until Tuesday I will be doing Spiritual Exercises for first time. I will pray a lot for everyone!

8. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thank you !!! Please share any insights you get into managing stress as I too would benefit greatly from these.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 17:

Another day under my belt and tomorrow will be a personal best. Looking forward to continuing this journey with all of you!

10. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

Today I relapsed. My fault only because I didn't follow my strategies and ended up with the phone on the toilet.

11. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

12. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

I have the same rule of no phone on the toilet. So helpful in managing the addiction

13. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 15 it is then. Time to go all out against the PMO forces. Slow and steady

14. Day 4 complete.

@Teutão @Cartographer Same here. That's just way too much temptation in the immediate vicinity.

St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us!

15. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

Day 20

Reading everyones posts is really inspiring. I'm so glad I found this wonderfull community!

16. So today I am doing my daily check-in quite early in the noon.
    First I want to thank you all for supporting me on this website and especially in this Lord of the rings thread.
    It's gonna be my 2nd day on the counter but actually 5th day in reality. Benefits? I started to feel more urges that's why I downloaded a blocker called Kurupira based on one of the user's advice. Other than that I feel more active and not lazy like I was. Wanna do productive things during the day.

17. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

That is always my mistake

18. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

This has been the same with me, brother. It is something that I fight to this day. Thanks for your deep reflections. They are awesome!

19. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 100.

I finally made it to the century mark! All has not been fine and dandy. There have been times of struggle and pain. There have been times of depression and sadness. I have kept my goal in my mind everyday. plus 400 days in keeping with this challenge. If I relapse, it just pushes that into the future and it will get tougher at that point.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  20. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

4 Days. Today has been tough and I had a couple of massive urges. But to defeat them feels better than any orgasm ever could

HE^MAN, crazyhorse11, Julito and 3 others like this.