1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Day 10 complete. Double digits, woop woop! It's really great to share this journey with all of you and I'm very grateful to have this thread. The last couple videos that have been shared were especially nice.

@GreenTinted60sMind I think reducing your exposure to incognito mode is an excellent idea; taking that step has been instrumental for me. I'm not sure it's possible to entirely remove incognito browsing (at least on my Android running Chrome, from what I found) but I downloaded an app called Incoquito which has a setting that will instantly close any incognito tab you try to open.

2. Searchpower

Searchpower Fapstronaut

3. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

Day 4
    Not many urges but I still feel tired and I have problems falling asleep. Hope it gets better soon.

4. @GreenTinted60sMind I think reducing your exposure to incognito mode is an excellent idea; taking that step has been instrumental for me. I'm not sure it's possible to entirely remove incognito browsing (at least on my Android running Chrome, from what I found) but I downloaded an app called Incoquito which has a setting that will instantly close any incognito tab you try to open.[/QUOTE]

Coincidence! I downloaded that one too for like 1€, it works great and this is definitely a major step forward for me. Thanks for your reply!

5. Excellent, thank you very much! I have done my first meditation, don't know if it helps directly but I was able to sleep pretty well afterwards haha. I also deleted the Facebook app from my phone and blocked incognito on my laptop and phone.

6. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, I messed up today. I had a great run going but I should've seen it coming. I hadn't checked in for a long time, because I had other things going on but I want to recover and start posting here again every day. I didn't really watch any P, but I would be lying if I said I didn't relapse. I was P fishing way too hard so I didn't reach my personal goals.
    I am going to start from day 0 again and fight this battle with you!
    @RiseToGreatness, can you reset my rank? Thank you.

7. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

8. Thank you @Slider8
    By the way I started meditating.
    I am having trouble concentrating.
    Sometimes I feel the weird flow in my brain and sometimes I do not.
    Is this called flow?
    Is this when I am concentrated?
    @Slider8 and @RiseToGreatness Please share your wisdom with me.
    by the way I am chiming in for day 7

Toni7, LuckyMan, Slider8 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 49.
    I arrive at the Doors of Durin: "Say friend and enter".
    Today I saw a friend which I don´t meet since months, and he told me that I look like better: the results of fighting this vice are appearing to others. A good and motivating notice!

Congratulations!

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us!

10. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thank you brother

Toni7, crazyhorse11, LuckyMan and 2 others like this.
  11. Back to day 2 guys, relapsed on Tuesday.
    Just got really bored sitting home and suddenly I had relapsed without thinking. Bad choice.
    Starting fresh.

12. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

13. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 9. I feel like all desire has left my body. There is a tinge of it still there but for the most part, I feel sexually numb. I have had this experience before but it has come further on in past resets. From my experience, there is an inflection point where your mind and body seem to stop looking for what it is craving.

I have been doing resets on and off for the last three years. During that time period, I have relapsed about 20 times. On average that is .5 relapses a month. The good news is that these were usually clustered around each other. More like binges. My hypothesis is that resets get easier the more that you do them as it breaks down some of the connections associated with your addiction over time.

I am hoping that I can erase the last of the neural connections that I have to this drug with this challenge. I am super excited about being part of the NoFap community and helping each other reach our goals! It has given me a lot of hope.

14. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

awesome job man

15. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

16. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

that´s the spirit bro. Let´s go!!!! :)

17. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 112.

Stay reflecting. Question every action. Leave no rock unturned.

Using LOTR challenge tips to keep me in the zone, mentally.
    - Meditate - Yes, moments of meditation throughout the day and while running
    - Stay accountable daily - missed yesterday but I am on a every other day NoFap dopamine realignment.
    - Study about the reboot - Is talking with my wife about the addiction considered studying?
    - Take cold showers - my body tenses thinking about this. I haven't done for many years. But, I have made it pretty far nonetheless
    - Challenge daily your excuses to pmo - Everyday while meditating
    - Follow a triggers prevention plan - No social media, no YT, no video entertainment whatsoever, excluding videos shared in these forums
    - Get occupied. Work in your hobbies and dreams - putting hours into my thesis
    - Practice physical exercise - Running average of about 3 miles so far over about two weeks
    - Eat healthy - organic, non-gmo fresh vegetables of all kinds, mostly chicken, sometimes ground beef (cheaper), never pork, water, one pot of coffee shared between my wife and I, various teas
    - Sleep well - not very well (turmoil in my marriage)

18. RiseToGreatness

well bro, i´m not exactly sure what that is, but maybe @Slider8 can help :)

Toni7 and Gandalf the White like this.
  19. RiseToGreatness

well, studying is more about gaining knowledge on the addiction and the reboot process. but yeah, talking about it makes you self aware, so that´s good. just don´t limit yourself to that ;). read or watch rebooting materials from time to time. it´s good for you :)