The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Day 21 complete! This is a new record for me on my NoFap journey and it's amazing. Just in time for the new year. We are truly stronger together.

Seems like we've had quite a few folks fall in the past day or so. @Onan the Barbarian @Cartographer @Thedaveisdead @jimmyanderson This is the time when your fight will be hardest, but fight you must. Exercise, eat right, breathe, pray, meditate, read, whatever. You can do it! I got this awesome movie clip from the panic button yesterday.

2. Thedaveisdead

Thedaveisdead Fapstronaut

Thank you and I hope that your streak also lasts . NoFap hardmode while being single and in a lockdown is really hard.

3. Check-in for day 28! The past Christmas days have been awesome, and I took a deliberate break from exercising, eating healthy and being productive. Although it has been a great rest, from today on I will follow the tips again. I have noticed ups and downs (spending a lot of time with family obviously took my mind away from PMO, but gaming and watching Netflix in the first half of the day increased the urges again) but did not relapse :) Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, I will be back tomorrow with a 'tips-followed' list.

4. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 20. I am entering Bree! Definitely feeling some of my libido return lately.

5. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 76 Complete. Missed posting over the break:

75 days – I faced difficulties walking though the razor-sharp winding paths of Emyn Muil. A fallen brother named Gollum offered help and guidance. He doesn´t seem reliable but he knows the way out of the maze, so I decided to follow him...

6. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

7. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

The Christmas season and most immediately the new Pixar movie "Soul" have left me in a spiritual-seeking mindset lately.
    Would any fellow journeyers be willing to share a spiritual practice that helps you connect to a higher power? I know that's a big ask, because by definition there is some ineffability to that kind of thing.

8. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 60. Lothlorien, here we go!

Faced some temptations this morning, but I´m still on the road.

St. Agnes of Rome, pray for us!

9. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What temptations and why ? If you don't mind to share.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Stay strong and stay away from binging. Beware of chaser for the first 3-4 days...and keep following 'tips' the best you can for an easier ride to improvement.:)

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

The most traditional is the best-Meditation and Prayer and it's probably the only one morally correct to follow in order to connect to Higher Power.

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Awesome clip indeed,it shows that with the right support and guidance previously thought impossible becomes possible ! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_punch:

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

You've got to turn that fools hope into Faith which knows no impossible.

15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in !
    'Tips' followed :
    1)Meditate-done
    2)Stay accountable daily-done
    3)Study about reboot-done
    4)Take cold showers-done,right after I finished my workout
    5)Follow a trigger prevention plan-done
    6)Get occupied.Work on your hobbies and dreams-done
    7)Practice physical exercise-done(the whole thing for about 2 hours,14k steps)
    8)Eat healthy-done
    9)Sleep well-done my best +
    10)NA-done
    11)AEFF-worked on my occasional i don't care attitude and it appeared that some people prefer it that way :emoji_smile:

16. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

One more day Fellowship. lot´s of downfalls today among us so i´m gonna lean on that subject instead of praising the upgraders. anyway, you know you are :) Congratulations!!! :)

so, i myself was close to collapse 3 nights ago, and seeing these wave of relapses among the Fellowship, makes me wonder: does the holidays put people off balance?

speaking of my experience, on the holidays i didn´t read my morning memos some days in a row, was a bit careless around the sweets department (reckessly boosting dopamine rushs in the brain), and i naively let myself fish for lust. only for mere luck i escape from a collapse.

if holidays cause people to relapse, then i think we should debate that here because holidays are an unavoidable part of life. please give me your thoughs.

17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

In order to succeed in the long term you have to take the whole thing very seriously and value your awareness development process more than you value your everyday meals.Do you ever skip your meals through the day ?

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's not the holiday but seriousness of approach and alcohol consumption during holiday.