The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I use a habit tracker that I downloaded to my phone and I set a reminder on it to send me a notification to check off the days without pm.

I did this long before I joined a forum and I didn't join one till I failed a few times on my own. I thought an accountability partner would be the thing to have, but ultimately it was kinda exhausting and I didn't benefit much from an online acquaintance. The forum provided enough people to interact with and the landmarks were fun. I even reread LOTR in the first two months or so of the challenge.

So my advice would be start tracking with "habits" or some other app and don't take the tracking on here too seriously, just take advantage of the diverse community!

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in !
    tips followed :
    1)Meditate-done
    2)Stay accountable daily-done
    3)Study about reboot-done
    4)Take cold showers-done
    5)Follow a trigger prevention plan-done
    6)Get occupied.Work on your hobbies and dreams-done
    7)Practice physical exercise-done
    8)Eat healthy-done
    9)Sleep well-done my best and stayed in bed trying to fall asleep.
    10)No alcohol,drugs,intoxicants-done
    11)AEFF-kept my cool under mishaps, refused to panic under a lot to do but carried on patiently ,checking off one by one my days tasks
    12)Pray to God-done it in the morning and going to do it again after hitting the bed

3. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Slider8 Wow, that is very impressive. You are really advancing in self-control, I don't know if I could remain so calm in that situation.

4. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Alex_Al thanks for sharing the view from over there!

5. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 58! Checking in real quick before dropping into the bed. I am facing resistance and let me tell you... this time I am confident I will break through it

6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 132 checking in

Every once in a awhile check you are still alive and...smile!

Peace for all!

7. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

Check in Day 30

The Elven town of Rivendell greets my arrival. A Council of representants explains the path to Mordor in detail. I am now an Elf

bob200, crazyhorse11, Julito and 9 others like this.
  8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 2

Pretty good day so far. I went to confession and have been praying. Still need to spend some quiet, meditative time.

I've been bad about returning to grad school duties, but that's because I've been playing with the nephews, which I don't get to do too often.

I don't think I'll make it to the gym today, so I will do pushups. At least 50 in two sets of 25. Hopefully more.

eagle rising, Slider8, Julito and 5 others like this.
  9. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 2. Let’s keep doing this step by step, the workout its helping me so much and I’m doing all my discipline again but now with more decision

10. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

Day 12
    2021 Global Counter: 6/6

11. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Heavy urges all around. So far the trigger prevention techniques are working well so I'll stick to them....
    Take care fellowship

12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

13. Day 7 complete! Feeling strong and blessed. I failed to run or pray a Rosary today (I try to do at least one of those two every day) but I had a chance to hang out for a couple hours with an old high school buddy, and I took a cold shower same as usual.

@Slider8 I will reiterate what others have said, and leave this quote from the NoFap page on Rebooting: "Wet dreams are NOT grounds for a reset, nor can they ever be considered a kind of relapse!"

@BrotherHal If you haven't read it before, the article I linked above may be very helpful for you as well. I'm not sure there's a specific term for what you're experiencing, but it's a very common and normal part of the reboot experience! If our brains are used to having something and we stop providing it, it's to be expected they'll go a little crazy.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 7.
    'Tips'+ followed:
    1)Meditate- undone
    2)Stay accountable daily-done
    3)Study about reboot-done
    4)Take a cold shower- undone
    5)Follow a trigger prevention plan-done
    6)Get occupied. Work on your hobbies and dreams-done
    7)Practice physical exercise- done
    8)Eat healthy- undone
    9)Sleep well-done
    10)NA-done
    11) Read a book
    Was a busy day at work, didnt have time to think about pmo which was very helpful. Keep going guys we can do it

15. Don't reset because of that. It's natural. Our goal here is not to PMO, not about letting semen out while you sleep.

16. 6 days clean, almost 7 (2 hours to go).
    I know it's only a week and a mere fraction of my last streak but it feels so good to be able to get this far.

17. Checking in on Days 31 and 32: had a lazy day yesterday, so I'm pushing myself as a way of learning that lesson, that being drained can happen at any moment, so it's good to prepare for it. Anyway, I did play chess and meditate, along with reading the news and walking. I will be training too, so that'll mean I'm close to finishing my second week of training.

I'm glad to have made a month -- it's just now it feels like the no-PMO journey is truly beginning. Apparently, days 30-40 are going to be the toughest part of the no-PMO journey so far; but, it is what it is. The fact that I've made a month is good, but making it to a year let alone 500 days, I would say that it would feel like a drag if it wasn't for the fact that every day feels more like an opportunity to grow and develop as a person, depending on my choices. It's half and half: the day counter isn't as bad -- but I believe it is an important lesson to not obsess over it. It's all about self-control. Self-control extends not just from no-PMO, but to the smallest of tasks -- it's significant that, in the end, it's the person that decides what they do.

18. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 34

Thank you for the great advice @Johnthesavage, I will definitely try to implement it!

19. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 0
    It's extra hard to do it when you are at home 24/7. However, it's not fair to blame the pandemic for my relapse. I have not been here everyday, taken cold showers, even found the best trigger plan for me. I am gonna be more careful from now on.