1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

300 days dwarf king
    375 days no PMO, semen retention

2. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

0 days. Overly tired. Half a day left before days off. Overly tired. Some rest will do me good.

3. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

4. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks @RiseToGreatness - daily is tricky but I'll do my best. The Values tip is spot on: dignity and self-respect are the values that have been stripped away now, so time to get them back. Thank you.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  5. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks @eagle rising
    My own view is that it is how disconnected we are from our masculinity that drives us towards this need for external validation. But you are right, connecting to who I am, my being, will bring me closer to self-respect, which helps me connect to, and brings me closer to respecting, others.

6. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in Friends - chase urges are horrible and as I am not used to them they are screaming at me

No P Day 173
    No M Day 2
    No O Day 2

Cold Shower - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Reflections - Yes - chase is tougher than it has been in months clearly
    Procrastination - No
    Vanity - Yes - Caught myself trying to impress a female colleague, as the chase effect is strong this time, but have nipped it in the bud
    Excuses - "Helps me feel better" - to which I reply - they are only fing pixels, Get Real!
    Meditate - Not Yet
    Sleep Pattern - Healthy Early to Bed & Early to Rise
    Mindful Eating - Yes
    Personal values - Dignity, Human, a Man
    Freedom Fight - Not Yet
    No need to even think of Gollum right now, because I am further down than him
    [​IMG]

7. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

8. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Daily checking. Had a P dream tonight and temptations seeing an actress on TV, time to be careful.

Huge congrats!

St. Agnes of Rome, pray for us!

9. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. All good here, life is busy but full. Be well everyone

10. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

11. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

yeah, it´s true, i´ve been dealing with this sympthom for some time now, and the worst is it does stick with me the entire day creating a bad interpretation of situations, conflicts, and bad mood. thanks for the advice, i will check out the vitamin D deficiency, maybe that´s the case. not B12 though, as i take regular supplements of it.

i also need to reduce my screen time, as i spend many hours in front of the pc, so it´s better to reduce it, at least in my free time. thanks bro.

12. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship.

Terrible day today as i felt foggy the entire day. i will switch my meditation practice to the afternoon, since i notice doing it right in the morning, makes me more lethargic for the rest of the day. i will also check my vitamin D intake, thanks @ListenPaul ;), and definitely reduce my screen time and switch to other leisure non-screen activities.

All this brain fog is starting to feel that it´s not just an addiction withdrawal sympthom, it might be connected to other things so i got to find what. i hate this thing, i really do.

Let´s welcome our returned brother @belio123 :)

Brother @modern milarepa as become a Dwarf King. Congratulations bro!! Keep going :)
    [​IMG]

Checking out brave Fellowship :). I hope you´re doing better than me :D. Have a good day.

13. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 12 (I think, don't know if counter has changed yet)

So, still busy today. Still feeling better, thank God. Keeping very busy today, have done some writing and some reading. I've also begun my cycle of prayers for the day and will try to meditate this afternoon. I will workout tonight.

No cold shower because my skin is getting too dry and I'm going to shower tonight after lifting anyway. Go ahead and make fun ;). Barbarians don't need to bathe everyday.

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Interesting day with some realizations. I guess I managed to sprain something in the wrist while doing pullups and while reading posts about vitamins and supplements I realized that i have taken non for the last 5 days. Maybe its one of the factors in these sprains during workouts? Had some meditation in the morning, another attempt to do important stuff, 12 miles run was bloody unexpectedly exhausting despite isotonic drink during the run. Feel lightly depressed because of this small annoying injuries which stop you from good workouts.
    Yeah its all pixels on the screen and reaction follows only from self identity.

15. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 22! Busy day and no urges as a lot of going here, there and back again was done! Stay strong brothers, today you are stronger than yesterday

16. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Fapstronaut

Day 1, I will not stop trying no matter how many times I end up failing

17. uman37

uman37 Fapstronaut

18. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

19. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 1!

Had a great day today (I think it was due to both the rush of excitement/will to improve that coming back to this website gives me and also the realization that i really need to be as productive as possible for the coming exam season) - I woke up at 6h50 PM (I usually wake up between 9h00 and 11h0) and was able to get so much done before lunch that I actually suprised myself.
    I am definetily going to be changing my bed-time so i can start waking up this early everyday.

Only had a few PMO related thoughts yesterday before falling asleep but they were quite managable.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

20. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I relapsed again. I had not been working my Action Plan or exercising like I meant to. Now it's day zero again after about a three week streak. At least I went that long; that's about the longest I have gone so far since joining NoFap. But alas, back to Orc.