1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. :)

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

good plan bro :). Now you got to follow it, and that´s usually the "not so easy part" :D. But i´m sure with dedication you can pull it through. Also plans need to be happy and easy going, if you find that you´re struggling or life becomes grey, then it´s better to update your plan. in fact it´s good to revise it from time to time :)

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  3. RiseToGreatness

i recommend you do it daily. that will boost your motivation and your knowledge on the path. although it´s not good or recommended that you struggle over it. take it lightly, maybe read/watch rebooting material a bit every day. that´s good and enough ;)

belio123, Silverwolf, Rubzi and 3 others like this.
  4. RiseToGreatness

very good bro. it´s a small win :)

5. RiseToGreatness

yeah bro, i watch in the news that things in Israel are stormy again. so sad to hear, and i can understand your extra pressure of living with a war in your backyard. I hope things can be settle in good terms.

Hang in there my brother. Peace to all people and creeds :emoji_pray:

6. RiseToGreatness

thanks for the insight bro. I left some non active members there, especially in the higher categories, because they log from time to time. although long absences are interpreted as "missing in action", so i delete their names from the challenge.

still, i´m gonna be more attentive on the revision of the list. we can´t have ghosts or double names :D. Thanks

7. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship :).

Feeling good today although a bit anxious because of too much coffee, my bad. After i log off, gonna do my meditation and head for a run in the woods. Life´s good :)

The following brothers are going strong on their paths. Congratulations!!! ;)

@bob200 - Uruk-Hai
    [​IMG]

@MyGodandMyAll27 - Bree / Eriador
    [​IMG]

Some members are struggling but hang in there brave warriors. We´re in this together. Checking out brave Companion!!! Have a good day!! :)

person-is-mum-lotr-fan-yeah-s-taters-precious-is-everything-okay-honey-foster-parents-are-dead.jpg

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 14

Two weeks of sobriety from PMO, hell yeah!

Let's keep it up, gang! We can all do this.

I'm super busy, so I won't go into detail, but I am keeping with my daily routine. I got a lot of writing done today! I'm about to pray, take a brief walk, and get lunch.

9. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Beautiful day today! Be well everyone

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

another lazy day although done meditation, run for 2 hours,and worked out in the gym for half an hour. The negative thing is I have eaten too much in the evening and feel some discomfort in the stomach :(. Guess it one of the ways brain is substituting to get dopamine flood .

11. Musicmad

Musicmad Fapstronaut

12. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Hi There!

Almost two weeks clean, feeling awsome, studying a lot and having no hard time on focusing. Also, the urges are growing, but it's still under control, and here is why:

NSFW ALLERT!!!

I'd like to share something that has been hugely important in controling my urges. I'm abstaining from working out.
    Yeah, I know it sound crazy, but after noticing a pattern of relapses a few hours after training I started to connect the dots and I ended up creating this theory, based on what I know of hormonal responses of our bodies: when we workout, we stress our orgasim, which prepares itself to metabolize our recovery. This includes processing proteins, to rebuild muscles, fat, to keep you energized in the case you don't eat carbs aftar training, and liberating cortisol and testosterone in your bloodstream. Those two hormones work against each other, but cortisol, once it starts the inflammatory process, stops being liberated, letting all the testo "alone" in your blood, which is full of it. And you guys know its powers. This testo keeps circulating for a few hours and ends up stimulating the horniness in our big fella, getting him desparate for some action. And it's in this moment that the urges are the hugest.

Knowing all of this, I decided to quit working out for a certain period of time, since it seems that my body has strong reactions after training, at the point I could get sponteanous boners even when focusing on my studies with the mindfulness at its best, but, once I quited, those events got less and less frequent. Yet, here goes an important disclaimer: I used to train a lot and very intensely, my body is kinda addicted to it, so it also comes with some side effects. My energy levels dropped and my sleep quality also dropped, be aware of it. Me myself found it a small price to pay, since I don't plan to take this for more than a month, and I also would like to emphasize that every body is unique, so this might not work for you. My urges got weaker and easir to overcome! I'm only sharing what I've learned (and I'm still learning, since there's a lot a don't know about it) and I hope it might help you guys. Last point: if you're gonna try it, make sure to eat and sleep well, meditade, walk and do some stretching exercises to keep your muscles a little active.

That was it! I Wish you well, fellow brothers!

13. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 21. Some urges and some sad emotions for a bad new that i recieved but I keep my decision of overcome this and i know PMO is never a solution and is always a bad exit who ends in a total disaster who destroy my freedom

14. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

15. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

0 days

Prayer.
    Did my chaplet of the 7 sorrows of Mary. Talked with God throughout the day.

Abstainimg(fasting)
    Fasted until 4:00 pm today. 16 hours

Rest
    Singing, driving range, watched golf. Slept for more than 8 hours last night.

Exercise.
    Found a place to buy running shoes online. It’s a start. Driving range.

Nutrition.
    Had a boost supplement. Ate ground beef and rice. Bought some Turmeric supplements.

Time.
    I will get through this. One day at a time. With some work and healing by Gods grace.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  16. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 46 check-in (Attempt 4) - The pass of Caradhras.

17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Interesting...so what kind of workouts were you doing and how often , and what have you substituted them with?

18. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yeah it is so true-it's never a solution. Solution is always in the mind but due to emotional and physical lows we often are too lazy and procrastinating to follow it. Maybe the best way to live out your solution is to stop worrying and take a good care of your health.
    upload_2021-5-14_7-55-44.png