1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Excellent bro!! Fast reflexes ;). Very good :)

crazyhorse11, LuckyMan, Toni7 and 3 others like this.
  2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship.

Still feeling a bit jumpy as i still not settle my adequate take of caffeine, but i will get there ;). Other than that, very busy day and feeling somewhat happy. Still, the nagging feeling of emptiness from the withdrawal remains. i guess i have to be patient. After dinner i´m gonna practice my handwriting and read an Atlas encyclopedia ;)

Tolkien is proud of the fellow companions ;)

@FellowCompanion - Uruk-Hai
    10.jpg

@Onan the Barbarian - Hobbit / Hobbiton (Your journey has started my brother. Here´s some Old Toby ;). Good luck!!!)
    merry 2.gif

@Prophet Moonstruck - Weathertop / Eriador
    dia 25 amun sûl.png

@Thomas3 - Ford of Bruinen / Eriador
    day 28 - ford of bruinen 3.gif

@12ove - Misty Mountains
    dia 35 - misty mountains 2.jpg

Checking out brave Companion!!! :) Have a great weekend full of Joy and Comradeship!

1886598.jpg

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks for nice track. It's just short enough for the evening and made me feel less depressed. :)

4. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Tomorrow is 120 days, which I’m stoked about. It’s ‘swap’ day today, when I pass my son back to his mother, and it’s never an easy day. It’s always hard to go from being a busy full time single parent to suddenly a single man, but my plans are solid and I know how to deal with the empty feeling in a positive way. Some buddy time, hard exercise and Wim Hoff, then a good book. Tomorrow I wake up four months sober and that is something to be proud of.

5. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in Friends -
    No P Day 177
    No M Day 6
    No O Day 6

Guess this means I am Uruk Hai, but truth be told I feel more like a goblin

Was really good this week and felt really good to be back on the journey, but tonight I was just alone, lonely and bored and started fishing. I stopped before I got to any P, or any explicit content, but worst thing about the fishing is that I knew I was fishing and justified it with that I was just satisfying my curiosity (which is BS)

Like what kind of decisions have I made if I consciously go back on them? This after surviving the initial chase period. I feel shit stupid for doing this again, this is going nowhere, so I have to up the ante.

From next 90 days:
    • I am committing to checking in here daily, come hell or high water
    • I commit to increase my Freedom Fight sessions to twice a week
    • I commit to stay off devices after work and turn to books, boardgames (just bought a solo boardgame for this purpose), exercise, visiting people, etc... instead - summer is coming so I intend to embrace it (the only exceptions to this are if I am watching a sports match, which will be about once a fortnight, checking in here, buying something necessary, or doing Freedom Fight)
    • I am renewing my commitment to stop fishing and bounce my thoughts words eyes and actions any time they bring me close to triggers
    • I commit and have decided to finish forever with narcissistic pride, which is the mother of lust. This will include being accountable for when I am - mindless - unkind - foolish - boasting - stealing the limelight - vain - arrogant - hypocritical - delinquent - impatient - capricious - habitual etc...
    • I commit to looking after myself and dominating procrastination, and being held accountable for this here too

Thanks for reading this and helping me stay accountable

Cold Shower - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Reflections - Yes
    Procrastination - No
    Vanity - No
    Excuses - see above
    Mindful Breathing - Yes
    Sleep Pattern - Healthy Early to Bed & Early to Rise
    Mindful Eating - Yes
    Personal values - A lot of people mention seeing others as human, I need to start by seeing and experiencing myself as human
    Freedom Fight - Yes - The lesson today is to practise daily BRACE and checkins - JUST DO IT!
    No need to even think of Gollum right now, because I am further down than him
    As I said I feel more like a goblin...
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 22.42.58.png

I do want to call out one thing to everyone on this forum who has a partner currently, you are very lucky. The biggest driver for me now is craving any form of connection with others and this loneliness is driving me nuts which exasperates the urges. The solution for me to work on connecting to myself, because if I can't connect to myself, I can't connect to others. Please for me connect with your partner, if you have one, this weekend. Go for a walk, a spin, go somewhere together. And take account of how blessed you are. At least that is what I would do.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Really great, well done man. Inspiring stuff.

7. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks again for all the great work you are doing here @RiseToGreatness

8. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

I used to traing calisthenics 4 days per week, and running, 2 times per week.
    My bodyweight training was divided in a way that some days I trained heavily push or pull exercises of upperbody (only one kind per day), and one of those 4 days I'd train lightly push or pull of upperbody, but I'd also train my legs. My running training was always 1 day of sprinting and the other of long runs (usually 5km at most). I used to spread the trainings in a way to not overload my muscles with too much exercise without recovery. Also, I never had a weekly routine, since I leave in a rainy region and half of my trainings would require public open spaces, so I could change the program every week according to the weather.

Right now I started doing stretching exercises. I didn't know they could help that much and Im certain that I'll do it for the rest of my life. Besides that, I would also recommend reading and meditating outside, in a park or something like that, since our minds feel the effects of not training. Last point: I'd like to reaffirm that this is not medicaly recommended, I'm just doing it temporarily and I can't wait to get back. If you try this, it's at your own risks.

Hope I've helped you, if you want more details you can DM me ;D

9. Day 1. Had a low few weeks with lots of temptations and two days of fishing/peeking which lead to edging one day and unintended, but unavoidable mo.

This is not a relapse, but I have to humbly reset. There's no way in hell I'm anything like the chaste and just high king Aragorn whose title I'd be holding in a short month were I actually a better man. I understand the importance now of everything I thought was auxiliary. The meditating, the praying (especially the praying), and so forth.

I should get into the some of the lead up to it. There's a female coworker that has been super flirty and I had been feeding into and on that and on top of my fiancee being understandably distant from me for awhile I just kept letting these fantasies eat at me. I would never cheat on my future wife, but my wicked hearts wants to be drowned in temptations that I know I pray to avoid but still desire.

I am praying to God for a serious inward change, to put my soul in order. Please don't feel bad for me. Even if I hadn't reset, I was not doing doing the reboot in the spirit but only according to the law. And so those days were a loss.

So, day 1. It feels good to be starting.

10. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Great reflection and great resolve. You are definitely no less than a leader. I look forward to your rise in tha ranks!

11. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Stay strong, John! You're an inspiration to the Fellowship.

12. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Damn my savage friend, hard to hear you relapsed after almost 400 days streak. I always open my eyes when I heard a relapse after a long streak.

Hearing this helps me a lot, specially for not taking my long streak for granted. I'm pretty confident right now and no urges.

Thank you for sharing and being honest savage warrior.

14. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

15. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 47 check-in (Attempt 4) - The pass of Caradhras.

16. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 9

I’m still here. But barely, yesterday was shit, and the fight with my girlfriend is continuing today so today don’t look like it’s going to be any better.

At some point lest night I’ve started fishing for the first time in 8 days. Like… a lot. I even open P before I could help myself. I’ve closed it quickly, but I still been around sites that are not good for me.

It’s amazing to me that you guys really get what I’m going through, the will to just disappear for a time. I’ve done everything I could do and yesterday still sucked. I really hope that today would be easier. But I’m still standing.

17. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

Day 7
    Uruk-Hai

Thanks @RiseToGreatness, for your efforts and contributions!

:emoji_crossed_swords:

18. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

You are an honourable man @Johnthesavage . As per @RiseToGreatness advice, remembering our values, who we are, will keep us on track. I am honoured to share this journey with you.

I have found this helpful for relapses in the past, so might be of some service to you also, who knows:

19. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

304 days dwarf king
    379 days no PMO, semen retention