1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So what you are saying is that if I am not religious, I find life meaningless ?

2. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 20
    A strong urges appears and almost fail the task, but now i know what caused it so everything good.
    [​IMG]

3. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Hi,

Is this challenge open and if so, may I join? I just relapsed after a 40 day streak of non-PMO yesterday, and I'm now on the 1st day of my new streak. I have modified my approach to do things better this time, and I'm in it for the long run!

Great to see so many good streaks in here, keep it up!

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge bro !

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Me same today...and some weird dreams.o_O

6. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

How do you see the meaning of life?..of your life?

rotten_tomato and Ready_to_Stop like this.
  7. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Thanks, @crazyhorse11 , I could definitely use a fellow traveler on this! Thanks to Slider, Rise to Greatness, and the rest of you as well!

9. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 8

Starting to feel more human again. Lots more work to do. Let's get it, Fellowship!

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

another day with strong urges,meditations, cold showers and long walks...
    Learned a new word today which quite often describes me-infovore.

11. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 1

It’s been over a month since I posted to this forum, and what a time it’s been! I have really struggled with PMO during my absence, mostly from the stress of a lengthy job application - I am happy to say that I got the job, and I’m now training to become a Priest!

This has been yet another wake-up call to ditch this habit for good, so let’s get cracking.

12. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Welcome!

13. CultureMan

CultureMan Fapstronaut

Here we go again my dear day two

14. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Reset again
    Obsessive thoughts driven by yearning for intimacy, closeness and connectedness. Reached out to friends who met up with me, but went away shortly after, letting me sitting in the meeting place on my own and not feeling good. I went home and decided to just actually search to satisfy all my curiosities. First time actually looking at P (as opposed to fishing, p-subs etc...) in over 2 years, maybe more. Never had been to a chat site before so went to check out one of the mainstream ones, and there on the front page of the site was a live chat of some grandmother violently beating her retarded adult daughter about the head and throat. That and the fact that the vast majority of the links were people in developing countries, doing fucked up shit so the wankers in the First World, us, can be entertained, almost made me throw up. This is how the less well off of our global society beg for money today, by degrading their humanity, their dignity, for our pleasure. And let's not kid ourselves if we only look at the soft shit, it is all the same industry, we are all feeding the same beast, no matter what genres we consume. I feel distraught now and can't see myself sleeping tonight and I have a long drive tomorrow.

For anyone who is keeping abstaining from P, I applaud you, yes you might fall into MO (like @Mathman1994 above) but MO is nothing, absolutely minusculey nothing compared to P. If MO or O with a partner triggers you towards P, then stop it, but if it stops you from P and ultimately helps you gradually give up MO also then I believe that should be allowed. I am ready to go to war with my lust now, because it leads to the gates of hell (as I saw tonight), but if I am hit by strong urges in the coming weeks, as I am sure I will be, I will MO before going back to P. I do not want to do this but P is the real enemy, it is utterly evil, there are no words to even begin to describe the depths of depravity it holds - how in God's name has it come to this. I pray for His mercy for myself and for all of us, believers and non-believers, we need to get out of this guys, we need to lead the way, we are the only ones, we must destroy this evil for our children and for the generations to come, or I shudder to think what will become of the human race....

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  15. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

16. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

17. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

@RiseToGreatness that made me laugh out loud thank you for that

Day 1
    Felt good today. I moved into a new house today and am starting lots of new things that I am excited for. Also talked to a pretty girl. Confidence is definitely boosted.

18. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 2. Workout , meditation, prayer , and being focus on my work . Avoiding any electronic device on private areas and using theme for short time and concret tasks . I’m an addict so I need to be very serious on my recovery Path to Mordor

19. I_cant_lose

I_cant_lose Fapstronaut