The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

I felt so happy today!
    I have been feeling very motivated and confident since the beginning of this week.
    I started exercising since Monday and have been doing so every day early in the morning.
    Today I came back from the gym and went for a shower. There was a very energetic song on the radio that I like and the combination of me being happy even made me dance under a cold shower :)
    Later that day I became very tired, since I woke up early, had a long but great night before that and my body still needs to get used to all that exercising again. Used my time watching videos on NoFap that were very interesting and motivating.

I am going to sleep early today and prepare myself for another gym session tomorrow.
    Let's continue to be the best version of ourselves everbody!

Have a great day!
    Much love.

2. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Just like @jaberwaki said: Keep taking cold showers!
    I don't remember how long I have been taking cold showers, but there comes a time when you will enjoy it so much!
    @jaberwaki said it perfectly, because it really becomes something you look forward to and it becomes essential. I don't even want to end my showers with warm water anymore.
    And just try it out step by step. Make your body feel comfortable. Cover your body with the cold water limb by limb, that's how I started doing it.
    What I do now is that I always start with warm water, because getting shampoo out of your hair with cold water is a nightmare. Then set the water colder and colder and eventually you are used to it.

Enjoy!

3. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

4. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

Day 7 done! 1 week :) Let's goooooo!

5. 1john4:4

1john4:4 Fapstronaut

6. Mr. Rosco

Mr. Rosco Fapstronaut

7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 17

So far today: prayer, meditation, cold shower, walking, healthy meal, some work, 8 hours of sleep.

I am feeling more energy. My mind is getting clearer. My ability to pay attention and focus for extended periods still sucks, but I notice my trains of thought becoming more cogent again. This makes me very happy.

Thankful for that today.

LuckyMan, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 8 others like this.
  9. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

10. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 0

I have been hearing the shrill shriek's of the Nazgûl trying to call me home, but they have not availed. I will soon shed this wretched cloak of darkness and become an Orc- not ideal, but still considerably less evil. I wish to join the fellowship in 15 days time, but for now I must prepare for the Orc rabble that will no doubt toughen me up!

On a side note doing a workout and taking a cool shower really did help.

11. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 4 check-in - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr.

LuckyMan, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 6 others like this.
  12. HE^MAN

HE^MAN NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

13. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

31 days.

Found myself mindlessly browsing the Facebook feed, in hopes that I would see something exciting. Fishing, what a bad thing to do. But luckily I became aware and was able to stop myself before I saw something triggering. Good reminder that we must always keep some kind of focus and be aware of our actions. Otherwise, I'm still fairly low energy, although I think I start to get some back. My urges are also coming back slightly, so need to stay calm and be aware of any fantasies that may appear in my mind.

LuckyMan, MS PBH, HE^MAN and 6 others like this.
  14. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

15. Aristophanes01

Aristophanes01 Fapstronaut

I Would request you to read and answer this post and not ignore it as I really need your insight. Thank You.
    Hi I had a Question, I have been following Nofap since the last 29 days but till now personally I don't feel any urge to go back (maybe once at max), but what is odd is that instead of feeling any of the benefits everyday I just feel tired and either I procrastinate or watch youtube, for the latter I have found the solution to block it during working time using cold turkey, but to be honest I don't understand what is wrong not only do I always feel tired but I dont feel any change, I mean is it that am I doing something incorrectly or what, please do tell me if anyone has a solution.

16. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

Day 15
    Am now Hobbit .:D

17. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Day 5. The heavy withdrawal has relaxed. It seems like accepting it (not mentally denying it) then doing something else really does work.

Why submit to the hydra, whose dreadful heads return after every slice, when there is an entire world away from it? Better to just accept it and continue up the path. Becoming a White Wizard is the goal.

I wish you all well, my fellows!

18. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Very nice insight, I totally agree with this.

19. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

20. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

Congtaz! :D