1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The loss of Chadwick Boseman

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sparkywantsnoPMO, Aug 28, 2020.

1. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

2. It’s incredibly sad that he’s passed away. I saw him in “Da 5 Bloods” and loved his performance. RIP, Chadwick.

Taylor25 and sparkywantsnoPMO like this.
  3. SeaChange

SeaChange Fapstronaut

Such a great actor, it's really sad to see him gone. I felt like his own performance in Black Panther was overshadowed by Michael B. Jordan's as Killmonger (not his fault at all, Killmonger was such a brilliantly written villain) and I was so looking forward to another Black Panther film to see him shine. Definitely gone too soon, I respect his decision to keep all of this secret up until his death.

4. sparkywantsnoPMO

Great point. And ultimately, it allowed him to continue doing his job without all the stigma/sympathy that would’ve shown up.

Very fair point.

5. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

6. This news really sucks man. Marvel made 2 good superheroes imo- Thor and Black Panther and Chadwick was perfect for Panther.

A brilliant actor who left us way too early. :(

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I found out about this on twitter this morning. Its a terrible tragedy and a testament to the mans willpower that he was able to keep making movies while undergoing treatment. I definitely recall him looking somewhat unwell at public events and I guess now we know why...

What I also saw on twitter was a lot of people seemingly more concerned with how this is going to affect the MCU, and that makes my blood boil. The man has been dead for less than 24 hours, shut the fuck up for 5 minutes about how Shuri is going to be the new Black Panther and let people grieve for the man, not the FICTIONAL character he played in a fucking superhero movie.

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
  8. sparkywantsnoPMO

You know, after describing to a friend how I felt about Black Panther, I think I agree with you. Mr. Boseman did a great job at bringing fresh motivations to the superhero genre. And now, to understand he did it while ill, that really shows the dedication he had towards not letting cancer define his life.

Completely valid point. Society has us so focused on the image and not on the person. Disney will find ways to keep turning the MCU into a cash cow. We don’t need to think about that. We should remember Mr. Boseman and honor him by continuing to research ways to reduce the impacts of cancer, so we don’t lose more men and women with tenacity like his.

9. I saw a cancer patient last year. Colon cancer. Stage 3. He was around 50, I believe. Truly horrible. My dad was supervising the colonoscopy and it was just unsettling watching the procedure. It's absolutely horrible (the cancer, I mean, not just the procedure). I don't know how Boseman did it. I could never have guessed from looking at him.

What a world man.

10. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

Yeah this was shocking news. My brother said that a black panther actor had died and i was like it had to be someone else but no it was chadwic. RIP CHADWICK BOSEMAN.

11. I'll never understand people mourning dead they never met.

12. sparkywantsnoPMO

The loss of any person is a sadness. Regardless if we have met them or not.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  13. I admire the action radius of your empathy.

14. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

Virtue signaling. They sure don’t have a problem wishing death on people they never met when it suits them

15. ⁵What the hell happened to this thread? If you have nothing good to say, then shut up.

16. And who gets to decide what's the correct opinion? You? But I guess by 'good' you mean positive - I often get the impression from Americans that unless you lie or at least sandwich a negative opinion or criticism between "supportive" statements they feel offended. That is very stupid. Preferring fake positivity to honesty is a road to hell.