1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The luckiest moment of your life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Dec 28, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I don't really have a "luckiest one" lol.
    Just that, a few hours ago, i was watching a movie called Sinister.
    I enjoyed the movie. It was great.
    But when i was watching it,
    I heard a "tuck" sound. And i saw a small black thing, the size of my thumb, dropped from the ceiling. I was kinda shock because just a few seconds ago there was a jumpscare in the movie.
    I wasn't wearing my glasses. And so i looked closely and saw a bug.
    I was immediately in a state of panic.
    I've never seen a bug that huge.
    So i grabbed a pillow nearby and covered it with pressure.
    It took me a long while for me to think of what to do.
    I looked around and saw my dumbbell.
    I was thinking of grabbing the scissors so i can cut its legs or half of its body since i could peak from the pillow that i covered it with and saw that it was lying on its back.
    So i took the dumbbell and place it on the pillow to replace the pressure on my hand. And i went to the kitchen to grab a scissors.
    When i came back, i peaked a little, and saw that it was no longer there.
    Then, i saw it literally just beside my fingers.
    I freaking fell in fear.
    Luckily i was quick and covered the pillow again.
    This time it was harder, i didn't have a flat surface of the pillow on the bug.
    Also, the bug was on another pillow.
    And it took me a another while for me to think of what to do next as i hold the dumbbell firmly onto the pillow with great pressure.
    Eventually, i got tired.
    I had enough and i hold the pillow that it was on and the pillow that was placed on it like a burger and placed it on the floor.
    I calm myself first, inhale and exhale.
    Then, i threw the pillow that was on the bug and i saw that it was not on the pillow that it was on.
    I looked around in my bed and i couldn't seem to find it anywhere.
    And so, i found out that it was sticking on the pillow that i placed on it.
    Quickly again, i smash my dumbbell on it, sealing it. I knew i couldn't kill it because it was on a pillow and not on a hard surface so that i can squeeze it and kill it with my dumbbell.
    So i left it there, but i observed it, and i smelt a foul odour coming from its area.
    I went to research about it by typing "smelly bugs".
    Turns out, its actually a stink bug.
    It's actually my first time seeing one.
    They're actually common in farms and they like to invade crops.
    I don't know why it's in my house,
    I live in a town not anywhere near a forest or farm.
    But anyway, i couldn't do anything, and i continued watching the movie i was watching.
    Sometime later, luckily, i got an insect spray, i found it somewhere in the cabinet.
    I calmed myself again and counted in 3,2,1 and lifted the dumbbell, immediately spraying on it without any second thoughts despite dirtying my pillow.
    After a good while of spraying, i took a thick tissue, grabbed the bug, and threw it out of my window (i live on a 7 floor flat).
    I feel so lucky but greatful that the bug didn't dropped on my face or my eye.
    It was literally a few inches away from dropping on my head.
    I'm just so damn grateful it didn't even dropped on my hands or anywhere on me.
    I would like to know some lucky moments in your life.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. That was the luckiest moment of your entire life? :b
    Stink bugs freak me the hell out but so do most insects..
    especially moths.
    I once saw this post on the internets: "I see a stink bug, I need to leave the country"

One of the luckiest moments in my life was walking next to wild grass and as I was walking I spotted a coral snake slithering pretty close to my foot while I was walking (just in flip flops might I add). I didn't get bit, miraculously.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Once I was walking, then I stop for one second, and then a pidgeon pooped just in the place I would have been if I kept walking. And when I met my ex-girlfriend.

Deleted Account and Protagonist like this.
  4. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Cool. I would say it's definitely worst to get bitten by a snake then a stink bug.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  5. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

lol sick.

6. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

I worked in construction for a long time. I saw guys do all kind of stupid dangerous shit. You get used to it, unfortunately. Many times i got lucky i forgot, i was used to it. I remember one time this huge aluminium ladder fell just beside me when it got pushed from the roof by the wind. Actually, i think there were many lucky moments while i was drunk, which i also dont remember...

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  7. The only thing I can think of at the moment is countless times that I didnt hit someone while driving when I probably should have. My car is really nice in every way except vision. It's designed terribly for seeing well, which of course I didnt realize until after I bought it. It has huge blind spots and you can barely see out the back, so a lot of times I just have to hope I'm not going to hit something, and there have been a few close calls. I remember one specifically where I was changing lanes on the freeway. I looked behind me, looked in both my mirrors, and checked over my shoulder and I didnt see a car beside me at all. But then when I pulled into the other lane, I glanced in my rearview mirror again and there was a car RIGHT on my bumper. I have no idea how I didn't see it, but I'm just really glad I didnt hit them.

8. Well, long time ago, when I was a careless fool running along a railway line, I tripped and almost saw the words "GAME OVER". Lucky stars or whatever ;)
    Although I count meeting her as one of my luckiest moments :) but that's not surprising as I am a fool for love.

LonelyDude21 likes this.
  9. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

tripped on the edge of a cliff but fell sideways

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  10. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

That's life and death matter. You're way luckier than me. I'm glad the ladder didn't fell directly on you.

11. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

It would really suck to pay for the cost of damaging someone's car. Not just that, getting into an argument with the driver you hit with and you probably won't say anything since you're in the wrong so you'll just stand in humiliation while apologizing. But most importantly, you could have hurt him and yourself. Really a lucky situation you survived right there.

12. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Another lucky life and death situation. Glad that you're still alive.

Coffee Candy and brilliantidiot like this.
  13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I’ve had quite a few lucky situations, some involving life and death.

But perhaps my most miraculous one was from a sporting accident I had. I was running up a hill to catch a ball, I tripped (near the top of the hill) as I jumped to get it, and I landed hard on my left hand then on my neck as I rolled down the hill.

My hand was shattered to the point where even the doctors thought it wouldn’t return to full functionality (because the sudden downhill made the distance larger than it should’ve been). To this day, I don’t think it fully recovered. I might have some nerve damage in my hand because I only feel dull pain in my left hand compared to my right hand, although I can still move it quite well. I can stab my left hand with a pen and I would only feel discomfort rather than actual pain (and I don’t think that’s healthy, although it seems useful for creeping out people and other situations).

The crazy thing was I only had minor damage to a few of my vertabrae. It sucked for a long time because it would hurt to move my head, but it could’ve been so much worse. What happened to my left hand could’ve been my spine which would’ve no doubt left me as a quadriplegic (although maybe it wouldn’t have been as bad). Just the fact that I may have been paralyzed in a freak accident over a stupid hill was life-changing as it was and perhaps the most memorable instance of luck or a miracle that I’ve had, although I’ve been in more dangerous circumstances before. I think it was after this that I actually started turning to God because there was definitely divine intervention there.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  14. I was driving my 1997 Chevy Camero with the T Tops off, a S10 pulls out in front of me blowing through a 2 way stop. He totals both of us, and drives away from the scene. The song Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull was playing at top volume.

He is found at fault, and his insurance wants to settle immediately. My car looked pristine, but was a POS under the hood. They gave me full blue book for the car in excellent condition. $5K and $500 for personal injury (I wasn't injured.). The car was maybe worth $1,200.

I immediately apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Australia, and set my departure date for a week after it was approved. I spent 2 years traveling Australia/New Zealand on that crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018