1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Matrix Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by -Angel-, Jan 3, 2023.

Are you ready to leave the Matrix for good?

1. Yes

150 vote(s)
    99.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

2. You got my respect bud! It’s just a slip, not a relapse, so the really annoying element here is not about loss of progress, but the counter itself. Congratulations with 50 days; that, my Captain, is an inspiration!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2023
  3. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Thanks, pal!

I've done all my normal things too, running, concentrated on my work, doing all the things I couldn't do if it was a full relapse. I was telling Chuck I was tempted to carry on with my counter at 50 days, but deep down, I would've felt guilty, because even if it wasn't for long, I still broke the rules.

I'm writing to you now, and I feel the same as I did on Days 49 and 50. The tiredness in my head has now gone. Ah well. At least it bodes well for long term recovery in a shorter amount of time!

4. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Respect, man!

5. BookNerd42

BookNerd42 Fapstronaut

Another reboot day 0
    Damn agents are killing me recently

So much stress recently, been looking for a new job all weekend and dreading going back to current one tomorrow where my safety has clearly been shown to me to not be a priority. We also have a dog dying in the house, we're about to put down this week, and it all added up. Exercise didn't help... took a cold shower this morning... didn't have resolve to journal it out this time. Feels like I'm just a mess and really want to get through this . Any advice for when your entire life seems to be hitting a reset button?

6. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear mate, but you 100% keep the benefits if you don't escalate. You got this!

7. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...leasures-reboot-journey-365-plus-days.343879/

Hi all, Sharing my personal journal link here as I am sick of myself to not take actions and focus on completing tasks rather than focussing on not fapping. Anybody else who feels the same? I have put up a posts to track my habits instead from now on. Any suggestions/improvements from experienced people here are appreciated. Edit post: I have shared matrix challenge on my thread as well to redirect to the idea behind becoming Neo as I feel strongly about this challenge. Not sure if sharing thread links are allowed. If not, let me know.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  8. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

Hang in there buddy. I am going through the same thing. We will get through this phase.

I have done some recent changes to track my life which I shared in my previous message , I am not certain if you would like that approach or are doing something similar already. You can try making something similar, feel free to paste that out and improvise on tasks which works for you to create a habit tracker thread of your own.

9. BookNerd42

BookNerd42 Fapstronaut

Thanks buddy! WE can DO THIS! I've been handwriting a journal recently that tends to help
    I agree that the focus on recovery and NoFap makes you think about it ALL THE TIME, like a catch22... but the less I think about it the easier my defenses fall
    Today I felt like there was nothing left ...and them felt more like shit after dropping my streak...but gotta forgive myself and try something else next time

10. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

I agree with you and yes WE will DO THIS.

11. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

12. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Day 1

Both things are connected. Yet, since I made nofap my major goals it has been easier to focus on it. In the past I made a mistake of making nofap one of many goals. My brain always found excuse to complete the other goals and allow a relapse as a "reward", which was not the way I wanted it to be.

13. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

14. alig@577

alig@577 Fapstronaut

day 10!!
    just survived yesterday
    i was about to relapse

15. Day 4 Matrix slave
    This sounds so weird :confused:
    Anyways let's come out of it

16. Very satisfying number you have
    Just one more to complete your streak of 100 days
    Thanks champion for motivating all of us

17. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I'm excited about first time achieving 100 days Hardmode/Monkmode in my life!

18. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

I completely agree and I have added a significantly larger penalty of negative points in my tracker to point it out. I would start to move to habit tracking apps as I proceed. I think both focussing on NoFap and working on goals simultaneously is the right approach, I will make sure it doesn’t fall into this or that approach. I haven’t been able to struck that balance. Thank you for sharing !

19. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Fapstronaut

Inspiring, good to see such recovery stories in time, gives us hope!

20. bluedragon9

bluedragon9 Fapstronaut

@Red_John Hey,
    Day 14, unlocked Red Pill
    I had lots of urges today and I watched P today (In the form of a movie with sex scenes). I resisted really hard and came back to my senses. Even tho I peeked, I didn't fap, so I guess I am still in the game right?
    I will try to be stronger from now on.