1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Matrix Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by -Angel-, Jan 3, 2023.

Are you ready to leave the Matrix for good?

1. Yes

150 vote(s)
    99.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. One more relapse
    8th in this month
    Ridiculous af this has become for me now.
    Worse than previous two months of 7-7 relapses.

I am not even trying now :mad:

Ūruz, Chuck Palahniuk, Don80 and 4 others like this.
  2. Day 13 - No trash allowed.

Let's go Team. Stay the course.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 10.32.16 2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2023
  3. F14

F14 Fapstronaut

Day 24

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1 John 1:8-9

4. RacemS

RacemS Fapstronaut

5. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Day 33 - Nebuchadnezzar Operator

@Divyanshu Gautam Take a break for a week or two, get yourself in the right frame of mind. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen on NoFap came from this very site years ago, when one user advised another not to begin NoFap unless you feel you're ready. If you feel stressed, and under pressure (perhaps from all the relapses), then it's better to hold off starting NoFap until you've built up the motivation to try again. It's not usually the conventional piece of advice dished out when rebooting, but it made a lot of sense to me, and I offered it to another poster on here, too.

With regards to the challenge, I could recommend putting you under 'Exile Program', so there's no pressure regarding counting days. You don't have to report any relapses, just check in without declaring a day count.

Let me know what you think! :)

6. Well okay
    I will report the number of relapse at the end of each month
    Till then , put me in exile program

Though, I can come here to see success of you people
    I am trying to focus on reducing my mobile usage to control it.

Thanks mate for your reply

7. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

I shall update the list. Remember, you don't have to report the number of relapses, or what your streak is. The beauty of the "Exile Program" is you have complete freedom to report whatever you want! It'll also give you a chance to build up days again, without the pressure of posting a number for all to see. Once you wish to declare your day count again, I'll put you in the appropriate rank.

RacemS, Ūruz, Congruence and 4 others like this.
  8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Focus on the number of clean days in a month instead. We are just humans. Start from the positive waypoint.

Tonight I'll be fighting a battle for a positive change.

Red_John, RacemS, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  9. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight Fapstronaut

Or you can make the chart and mark few days as successful in advance to trick your brain to go further. It helps in my case.

Red_John, RacemS, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  10. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

11. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

day 1

Yesterday I watched a podcast how dopamine works. This is how I understood it:
    The dopamine (pleasure) is released when you have an urge and need for something (hunger, S, gaming, learning a language). Then its level goes down and you take action to achieve that goal. Some of those goals require a lot of effort and time (hunger - make yourself a sandwich or go to a restaurant, language a foreign language - spending years learning it on a daily basis). Others offer higher dopamine spikes without much effort and in short time (PMO, substances, gaming). However, the higher and quicker the spike in dopamine, the lower its drop below the baseline. As a result, after PMO you feel low and anxious again. Moreover, those dopamine spiking activities lead to lower highs and deeper lows over some time. As result, you need to repeat the negative behavior more often to raise your dopamine level. That's the vicious circle of addiction.

12. Day 14 - Ranking up to Red Pill Truther

Truth & Revelation over ignorance.

It’s a new month, April, let’s make it a good one Crew.

Red Pill.gif

13. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

14. 99PROBLEMS&F4Pis1

99PROBLEMS&F4Pis1 Fapstronaut

I completely forgot to post yesterday (Day 3). :emoji_sweat_smile:

Day 4 today and started it off by watching…. The formula 1 qualifying, and to top it off the team I support did well so a positive start to the day! :emoji_sunglasses:

Good vibes and energy to everyone, let’s get after it :emoji_raised_hands:

15. RacemS

RacemS Fapstronaut

Day 15 | Red Pill Truther

16. F14

F14 Fapstronaut

Day 25

Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

Luke 5:31-32

17. So comprehensible
    But hard to free yourself from dopamine slavery

RacemS, Congruence, Ūruz and 4 others like this.
  18. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight Fapstronaut

Last month was successful regarding my progress plan, now lets make this one even better, i start with a motivational meme:
    34018337.jpg

RacemS, Congruence, Ūruz and 6 others like this.
  19. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Day 34 - Nebuchadnezzar Operator

RacemS, Congruence, Ūruz and 4 others like this.