1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

Still at 5/30

It’s so hard sometimes

2. I need good rest and results. That's why I'm back again. I'm going for three weeks. 1/21 completed.

Force Majeure likes this.
  3. 33/60

Welcome! :)

4. Thanks! This is the place to go when you want to level up.

2/21

The first two nights I have shut down my computer at about 21:20. My goal is again 21:00 as before.

5. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

6. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

7/30 feeling good.

7. Yesterday I was using my computer till 10pm which exceeds my limit by an hour! (But it's still not that bad.) I chose to do this, as I found it kind of important. However, I could feel how it was time to stop. I also didn't sleep very well.

So I don't know. Maybe I won't keep counting days here. After all, I have already completed the challenge twice. The second time was of course only a limited version. Instead, I'll just track my daily progress as we go on.

8. 34/60!

This is the first night since almost one week back I've had a good sleep. I came home from Thailand last Friday and the jet lag affected the whole family. The kids Went up 3 am on Sunday, 4:30 am on Monday, 4:45 on Tuesday and 5:15 am on Wednesday... today we went up 5:30 am so now we're almost there, we usually go up at 6 am.

Actinism likes this.
  9. You guys would have been rocking in the waking up early challenge! Is there a team version for that?

10. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

This is an awesome challenge! For me this is an area that i struggle with a lot so maybe this forum will help to keep me on track. Ive never managed to go longer than a week completely without internet. I seem to struggle a lot at night with binging on TV shows.

The great thing about this challenge is that if your struggling with relapses then this challenge makes it easier for you.

Im going to allow myself to go on the nofap forum on my computer and also allow myself to use it for work purposes. Other than that im in!

I already did yesterday without technology off my own back so ill start off on the second day.

Lets try for a week

2/7

11. I turned off the computer at approximately 21:45, after working a little too late. At least I did a good job.

12. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

8/30
    and 9/30 for today. But unfortunately I stayed 15 minutes longer on my phone than I planned because I was writing on my daily journal. But I dont think it’s that big of an issue.

13. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

14. I was writing until 21:30, and even after that I listened to some music, trying not to stare the screen. Let's be honest, this won't work if I'm willing to go past my limit, which is 21:00.

15. 36/60

Haha! Yeah maybe so... :D

The problem for me is that the waking up early challenge is not really a challenge for me since I’ve been going up early for quite some time now (six years), mostly because I’ve got kids. Before I got kids I went to bed around 7 am :p

16. My suggestion is to be very hard on the deadline. If I sit in front of my computer when my deadline comes I close the lid the same second the deadline is hit, not a single second later. Otherwise one second becomes two and two becomes four and suddenly your one hour overdue...

17. Yeah, that's so true. Last night I stopped right at 9pm, although I felt temptations to continue. You may think that it would be so brave from you just keep working late. Well, sometimes that might be the case, but usually you're only doing harm for yourself and your following day.

That's a remarkable change indeed. You have changed time zones completely. It's good that your kids keep the daddy coupled to the reality!

18. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut

19. Devices shut down on time. However, I'm not yet getting the better sleep, like I have done previously. I just need to be patient.

Force Majeure and Actinism like this.
  20. Actinism

Actinism Fapstronaut