1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

I haven't posted for a few days now in this thread. Truth is, I haven't switched off my devices this days.
    However I'm taking this serious now. Switching off my devices => Day 0 / 30 (22:15)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I've been done with screens by 9 pm a couple of days this week and the other two days I've continued longer.

Last night, instead of morning alarm, I accidentally set up a timer for 25 minutes like I do during the day in Pomodoro style. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I had to get up to shut down the noise. I thought "It can't be morning already!" After that it was hard to get sleep.

3. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

1/30

Loving this challenge!

Force Majeure likes this.
  4. That's wonderful! Yeah I think this challenge has made a really big impact on myself too. It really does the trick! I tried so many times before to get to bed on time but it never worked. That was because I had put a deadline on the wrong thing - when I should be in bed. Something that requires planning of the last minutes every day... with bad planning, I always started to miss the deadlines and so they got ineffective. With this challenge, there are no deadlines to miss anymore because it's so easy to just close the lid! :)

5. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

Day 1 / 30 (22:15)

6. Philosophical_Dad

Good point! That is a big part of it.

2/30

7. Philosophical_Dad

0/30

Messed up again last night. This is really hard for me. Yesterday I started writing around 5:30. I stopped around 6:20 and only then remembered I should have turned the screen off 21 minutes ago. Maybe I'll add a daily alarm to my phone to remind me.

8. 12/30

Do you have a mac? I have written a reminder-script that puts the computer to sleep automatically every minute after a certain time. I can help you set it up if you want.

9. I'll be in again for the next two weeks with screen time limit at 21:00.

10. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

It's challenge is hard... Messed up at the weekend. Back to day zero...
    Day 0 / 30

11. 13/30. Time goes really fast, it feels like it was yesterday I did a reset in this challenge. I guess that’s a good thing and I’m starting to think about extending my goal :)

12. I've got some work to do in ensuring that I get enough good sleep. No screens is then a must.

13. Sounds like a great idea, no screens from 7.30pm onwards for 30 days - let's go.

14. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

Just a short daily check-in
    Day 01 / 30

15. Last night was probably one of those times I would have happily continued working for three or four more hours. Now I stopped at 21:00 and continued at 6:10.

16. 14/30

Stopped working at 21:59:57, woke up by myself 05:25 - five minutes before the alarm. Same yesterday.

17. Philosophical_Dad

This is a great offer! Thank you! But I feel like I don't have the time mess with scripts right now.